46357 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

osmonauta Posted at 10-16 06:57
That's very odd that they didn't automatically offered you a repair service. Maybe you should start one here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

I went there, they make me spin like a top!
2022-10-16
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-16 03:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Our engineers are aware of the issue, please be advised that it is found that this problem is caused by the large internal parameters of some cameras. In response to this problem, you can provide our technical support with your SN and DJI account, original photos, and videos through Chat, email, and other channels, and we will help you to solve this problem asap.

Here is the link to contact us: https://www.dji.com/support

Euhm, excuse me here...

You just write down there that it's already known that there're camera's out with "bad internal parameters". I can'nt imagine that things are not registered at such a big company as DJI is. So they probably should know which specific SN batches contain which componets, or batches of components.

So it would be clear to DJI which SN's hould have been affected.

Why do people still need to send in proof together with their SN then? There will be a lot of people who find this difficult too.

I think it's much easier for people to just return the camera to Amazon or whatever and just getting their money back. And looking for another camera instead.
2022-10-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so while you were dizzy I bet it looked better of all seriousness, return it if too late   request a repair
2022-10-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

JustName Posted at 10-16 06:03
Did some further tests with Action 2 vs. Action 3. Action 3 is clearly defocused.

What a shame, had been really looking forward to the cam because of better battery life, internal memory and bigger screen. Now the Action 3 will go back to Amazon.

Good test.  Smart conclusion.  Hopefully this finally dispels all the misinformation the YT and forum obsessed fanbois have dreamt up.  Complete and utter rubbish - and 100% disservice to all OA3 wanting DJI to properly fix their cams under warranty.

Notice that all you hear is crickets now?  Hmmm?  No valid focus tests proving their position - is just pure random talk.  Buffoons.
2022-10-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-16 07:35
I went there, they make me spin like a top!

More BS, you just need to create a return, dji will do the rest . Exchanging dji products is a very simple process and can be done without any personal contact right from your app.
2022-10-16
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-16 11:07
More BS, you just need to create a return, dji will do the rest . Exchanging dji products is a very simple process and can be done without any personal contact right from your app.

Apparently this is not the case imho.
I have been providing tangible and indisputable evidence for over a week, but DJI support speak of resolution via firmware.
I remain confident if with a miracle they solve with a few lines of code, but personally I think it is impossible.
2022-10-16
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

10-Bit Posted at 10-16 09:27
Good test.  Smart conclusion.  Hopefully this finally dispels all the misinformation the YT and forum obsessed fanbois have dreamt up.  Complete and utter rubbish - and 100% disservice to all OA3 wanting DJI to properly fix their cams under warranty.

Notice that all you hear is crickets now?  Hmmm?  No valid focus tests proving their position - is just pure random talk.  Buffoons.

In fact it would be nice that now the "DJI fans regardless" admit the blunder, but what interests me now is that DJI award me this holy RMA!
2022-10-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

DJI Support just sent an update email - choosing to not answer any direct questions about lens replacements etc.  Will be interesting to see what - if anything - sending it in will do.  Unfortunately they are currently sticking firm with the repetitive stock copy and paste reply.  Guessing - without an organized group demanding this be corrected - they will just string this out.  Send out a RMA for those who want it - and send it back saying all is good.  

“After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue can be resolved through firmware updates.“
2022-10-16
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Maybe it is true that there is a different parameter for some batches of cameras, but I don't understand why someone who writes here the RMA here has already assigned it and has the same problem as me.
2022-10-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

They will probably eventually give you a RMA.  Would not surprise me that upper management is deciding right now how to deal with this.  Replace the lens group for all affected devices.  $$$.  Or do nothing more than just firmware - and call it a day.  Hmm?
2022-10-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-16 21:49
Apparently this is not the case imho.
I have been providing tangible and indisputable evidence for over a week, but DJI support speak of resolution via firmware.
I remain confident if with a miracle they solve with a few lines of code, but personally I think it is impossible.

It is the case, I had a problem with Mini 3 camera. Spoke to know one returned my drone 6 days later I had a Brand new Mini 3. I have been dealing with dji for many years now and am well aware of the contract in my warranty, and nowhere does it say I have to wait for firmware, but it does say that returning faulty goods is part of my warranty. There is a facility in your app for exchanging dji products. Nobody should have a faulty product and dji are very well aware of this. But some just prefer to continually be a ‘Karen” about things “even though they themselves decided to wait for a fix”
2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 10-16 23:25
They will probably eventually give you a RMA.  Would not surprise me that upper management is deciding right now how to deal with this.  Replace the lens group for all affected devices.  $$$.  Or do nothing more than just firmware - and call it a day.  Hmm?

Everyone is entitled to a proper working unit, it is clearly noted in your warranty. You don’t have to call dji you don’t have to write to dji . All you have to do is initiate it in your app. Dji will take care of the rest. The only people disputing this are the Karens that seem to much prefer to wast their time complaining. Its not an issue for consumer affairs or class actions. Its 100% covered in the warranty. And the irony of this is many have good working units enjoying them while others run down the clock on their warranties rather than using their warranties. The one thing I’ve noticed on this forum is Common sense is not very common.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Maybe it's not clear where the problem lies, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Having purchased this product in Italy by invoicing it and having reported the problem to the retailer only after 13 days of purchase I am not entitled to a refund or replacement, only to be sent to DJI under warranty.
The focus issue did not appear shortly after, but immediately present.
This is not a problem that arose during use, but an immediat!
But if DJI does not admit the problem, clearly present and already reported by many, the risk is to see the cam replaced or repaired at a cost charged.
Next time i buy DJI produts only on Amazon, where the replacement or refund is made regardless within 30 days of purchase date even if the product has been billed.
So DJI aware that I reported the problem to the dealer within 15 days should still arrange for the replacement, instead they refused to do so.
Excellent service!
So I would say GoPro next time, on Amazon.
2022-10-17
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Tomorrow I will receive my adventure combo... is there any simple test to see do i have any focus problems ?
Thank in advance !
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Kamen666 Posted at 10-17 03:45
Tomorrow I will receive my adventure combo... is there any simple test to see do i have any focus problems ?
Thank in advance !

If you read this post from the beginning find out what tests you could do.
2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-17 02:39
Maybe it's not clear where the problem lies, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Having purchased this product in Italy by invoicing it and having reported the problem to the retailer only after 13 days of purchase I am not entitled to a refund or replacement, only to be sent to DJI under warranty.
The focus issue did not appear shortly after, but immediately present.

Again and I’ll spell it out for you. Inside your app you can arrange for DJI to come and collect your A3. They will then check it and as you have confirmed will see it’s got a problem and this will constitute according to your warranty a repair or replacement. And since DJI don’t do repairs in Europe, they will simply replace it. All they require is your receipt of purchase and a return address. You are just making a mountain out of a molehill here. Just arrange to send back and you will have a new one in two weeks and same goes for anyone else unless you don’t have a DJI service centre in your location . Yours I believe is in Netherlands.
2022-10-17
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-17 01:28
Everyone is entitled to a proper working unit, it is clearly noted in your warranty. You don’t have to call dji you don’t have to write to dji . All you have to do is initiate it in your app. Dji will take care of the rest. The only people disputing this are the Karens that seem to much prefer to wast their time complaining. Its not an issue for consumer affairs or class actions. Its 100% covered in the warranty. And the irony of this is many have good working units enjoying them while others run down the clock on their warranties rather than using their warranties. The one thing I’ve noticed on this forum is Common sense is not very common.

Instead of you interjecting your personal opinion - and possible misinformation - simply let DJI respond themselves on their own behalf.  I asked them to respond to my queries about replacements with a non-defective device - and they refused to answer.  That is why mine was returned immediately.

What it says in the DJI written warranty is one thing.  What DJI does may be another.  You interjecting does nothing to change this - as it is your understanding or opinion only. What they did for you with others products - is no guarantee what they will do in this instance.   Nobody wants anyone else but DJI to respond - on DJI’s behalf.  So just let them respond.  

Their specific warranty wording - was the exact reason why mine was returned.  DJI being vague on this issue to me - confirms sending it right back - was the right move.  Just let DJI respond.

2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 10-17 07:20
Instead of you interjecting your personal opinion - and possible misinformation - simply let DJI respond themselves on their own behalf.  I asked them to respond to my queries about replacements with a non-defective device - and they refused to answer.  That is why mine was returned immediately.

What it says in the DJI written warranty is one thing.  What DJI does may be another.  You interjecting does nothing to change this - as it is your understanding or opinion only. What they did for you with others products - is no guarantee what they will do in this instance.   Nobody wants anyone else but DJI to respond - on DJI’s behalf.  So just let them respond.  

If you think dji are going to respond here to you or anyone else about your own warranty you’re living on another planet. I’ve been a member of this forum for over 7 years, I know exactly how warranty works and how dji adapt and work it and my advice is both correct and sound, and I don’t need ignorant fools telling me my information passed on is not correct . I’m not giving a personal opinion Im giving correct and beneficial information that will give those with problems a much quicker option to get their products replaced or repaired. Continually posting the same tests and rubbish about their product being faulty has led to nothing only more delay for them. It seems you now don’t even have one but yet you are the biggest Karen on this forum helping no one as you just spout and regurgitate what everyone already knows. If you have a problem by all means get advice, if you have a problem that cannot be fixed quickly then simply use your warranty thats what its for and in all my time here I have never seen dji refuse a warranty claim for a faulty product .
If your advising people to wait around here for word from dji then its the worse advice you could give anyone.
2022-10-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-17 08:29
If you think dji are going to respond here to you or anyone else about your own warranty you’re living on another planet. I’ve been a member of this forum for over 7 years, I know exactly how warranty works and how dji adapt and work it and my advice is both correct and sound, and I don’t need ignorant fools telling me my information passed on is not correct . I’m not giving a personal opinion Im giving correct and beneficial information that will give those with problems a much quicker option to get their products replaced or repaired. Continually posting the same tests and rubbish about their product being faulty has led to nothing only more delay for them. It seems you now don’t even have one but yet you are the biggest Karen on this forum helping no one as you just spout and regurgitate what everyone already knows. If you have a problem by all means get advice, if you have a problem that cannot be fixed quickly then simply use your warranty thats what its for and in all my time here I have never seen dji refuse a warranty claim for a faulty product .
If your advising people to wait around here for word from dji then its the worse advice you could give anyone.

You are a complete buffoon.  No one advised people to wait around - blah blah blah.
2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 10-17 08:35
You are a complete buffoon.  No one advised people to wait around - blah blah blah.

“Just let DJI respond.”

And you’re a Numpty ..
2022-10-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

osmonauta Posted at 10-17 06:15
“ we would like to have your device sent in for repair/checkup. Our technicians want to check it here in our repair center.”

It is clear from this snippet of response I received that DJI is probably doing repairs in the EU otherwise what a “repair center” would be doing in Germany - where I had to send the camera back to? Unless of course it is only a shipping facility (where the canera was shipped from) and "engineers" would translate to "recepionists" - hope not, LOL. And no, they did not require a sales receipt, but that's prolly because I purchased it directly from them. Also, no, they did not come out and pick it up, I had to take it to a drop off location, which in my case was a post office. I called the DJI hotline on Sunday where I was told (based on my case ID) that I don’t even have to enclose any accessories (eg battery or original box, etc) but the camera body only.

They may do the very basic repairs, just as Apple do in their centers throughout the world. But their service centres are exactly the same as apple service centres they replace for new or refurbished as new your old one is then shipped to china to be refurbished as new and wheel continues to turn. I have sent a phantom 4 pro in for a dodgy motor, they shipped me back a new refurb and thats how it works.
Again all the necessary details for returning faulty goods are in bedded in your app and all can be done online. I just hope you didn’t have to walk to far top the poster office, semantics wow ….
2022-10-17
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

10-Bit Posted at 10-16 23:04
DJI Support just sent an update email - choosing to not answer any direct questions about lens replacements etc.  Will be interesting to see what - if anything - sending it in will do.  Unfortunately they are currently sticking firm with the repetitive stock copy and paste reply.  Guessing - without an organized group demanding this be corrected - they will just string this out.  Send out a RMA for those who want it - and send it back saying all is good.  

“After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue can be resolved through firmware updates.“

"this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue can be resolved through firmware updates."

So it's most probably an hardware issue how they put it here...
If "internal parameters" was refering to "software related problems" then they could just communicate it like that. And it would have been fixed with the newest firmware, since all the camera's recieve the same firmware. And if it was not an hardware issue, then there was no need to mention "some cameras". Again, since all the camera's recieve the same firmware and software updates. So all camera's should have been "fixed" or tweaked by now with the newest updates.

But if it's actually a hardware issue, then rolling out the same firmware doesn't makes sense. Because then these possible "bad camera's" will be compensated, and possible "good camera's" will get over-compensated. Since they all recieve the same updates.

So it totally doesn't makes sense to "fix" "internal parameters" on "some camera's" with "firmware updates", especially in this case with focus problems. Which will probably be "fixed" wit a bit of digital sharpening.

And if they would know the SN's of the bad or affected camera's to roll out adjusted firmware to those who need it. Then then could also offer a callback for only those ecffected camera's to just solve those "internal parameters".

So probably all the camera's will have/keep those same "internal parameters" and they probably trying to keep things a bit quiet with a bit of sharpening in the firmware, unless the bring out a new camera and everybody forgets about this OA3 again.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Do not throw it in caciara that does not aim at solving the problem.
I officially ask: has anyone with the "Adventure Combo" version with production date 2022/09 noticed these focus problems?
The dealer offered to replace it for me by paying the difference, and I'm fine as long as i don't get into this problem yet.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Rockel83 Posted at 10-17 08:54
"this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue can be resolved through firmware updates."

In fact some have complained that they now have too much sharpness, and they hadn't asked to have it like that.
Some good action cameras like GoPro have at least two if not three user-configurable sharpness settings.
So difficult to implement them on OA3 via software?
2022-10-17
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

MarcoR Posted at 10-17 09:22
Do not throw it in caciara that does not aim at solving the problem.
I officially ask: has anyone with the "Adventure Combo" version with production date 2022/09 noticed these focus problems?
The dealer offered to replace it for me by paying the difference, and I'm fine as long as you don't get into this problem yet.

Yes i have the adventure combo prod. 2022/09 and it is out of focus.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

stagnant Posted at 10-17 09:25
Yes i have the adventure combo prod. 2022/09 and it is out of focus.

Here, perfect, now the depression increases...
2022-10-17
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

MarcoR Posted at 10-17 09:26

yep. Ive contacted the store i bought it from asking for a full refund because i just want of this sinking ship. The stores are still stocking and selling them so everyday this will be a bigger mess.
2022-10-17
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

stagnant Posted at 10-17 09:30
yep. Ive contacted the store i bought it from asking for a full refund because i just want of this sinking ship. The stores are still stocking and selling them so everyday this will be a bigger mess.

Yes... They should have stopped rolling out the camera's immediately when they've noticed the proble. I guess the mess got to big already now...

I've oredered my OA3 more then a week ago now. It's arriving this vening. Probably going to test it immediately and probably going to return it tomorrow to Amazon for a full refund. I don'nt believe this problem is going to be solved annymore...

I never was a GoPro fan, and I was looking forward for this cam. But I guess I'm going to take my chances on the upcomming Black Friday to find an afforable GoPro. A 7 or 8 would be good enough for me.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

I have the adventure combo from 9/2022 also. BH Photo has a pretty decent return policy, but I already bought the DJI care for this so probably going to go the replacement route.
2022-10-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-17 08:39
“Just let DJI respond.”

Email.  However they what.  You have an amazing imagination.  Get off the keyboard and do something of value.  Buffoon certified.  Haha!
2022-10-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Rockel83 Posted at 10-17 08:54

“So probably all the camera's will have/keep those same "internal parameters" and they probably trying to keep things a bit quiet with a bit of sharpening in the firmware, unless the bring out a new camera and everybody forgets about this OA3 again.”

Yep.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Well, then from the dealer (who proposed it to me) I will ask for a coupon that can be spent on the same amount as the cam and I will wait for the OA4, or GoPro 12!
2022-10-17
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

How do you see the production date? I checked the camera info and it only has the firmware info.
For the record, I don't believe mine had the focus issue. Been using it a lot for hyperlapse and it has been pretty sharp.
2022-10-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

SenNel Posted at 10-17 10:29
How do you see the production date? I checked the camera info and it only has the firmware info.
For the record, I don't believe mine had the focus issue. Been using it a lot for hyperlapse and it has been pretty sharp.

Is in the box, in the label where there is also the serial.
2022-10-17
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-17 10:34
Is in the box, in the label where there is also the serial.

Damn, I diched the box after using it for a week without issues. That said, I received mine on Oct 6th so I'm going to guess it was probably the September batch.

Can't seem to reproduce the issue yet, but I'm doing some additional testing.

Also, I did a comparison shot between firmwares and couldn't see much if any difference.
2022-10-17
Use props
aliveathome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237812 ft
Sweden

MarcoR Posted at 10-17 09:26

Me too, I had the Adventure Combo 2022/09 and we compared our test pattern results in one of the other threads, both out of focus. Yes, unfortunately "had". Really liked everything else about it but its on its way back to the dealer.
2022-10-17
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

SenNel Posted at 10-17 10:44
Damn, I diched the box after using it for a week without issues. That said, I received mine on Oct 6th so I'm going to guess it was probably the September batch.

Can't seem to reproduce the issue yet, but I'm doing some additional testing.

Did u buy standard or adventure combo?
2022-10-17
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Urbsi Posted at 10-17 11:04
Did u buy standard or adventure combo?

Adventure combo.

My main use-case is landscape hyperlapses while driving. Have to say my experience has been really great so far. The battery life makes it so that I can swap out batteries and hardly have any interruption. The batteries charge to full so fast that they finish charging to full before the next swap.

The image quality isn't what I've seen from the GoPro hero 11, but for the price of the adventure package, I got a pretty much everything I needed much cheaper. That said, if it does turn out that it can be better, I definitely want in on any replacement stuff (I did get DJI care, but I have to admit, I can't find anything that doesn't look as expected in my use-case).
2022-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules