Focus issue: test shots with the latest firmware v01.01.05.40
46232 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 03:29
I believe that each of us has his own yardstick at this point.
I see a BIG difference, and it's not just about sharpness parameters.
Maybe putting them side by side can you see better?

This is apples and oranges.

As you can see in the end of the video, the OA3 has a MUCH wider field of view. Meaning if you configure the two showing the same object sizes finally means that OA3 has to crop into the image much more than the OA1. So it is totally explainable why the OA1 looks to be sharper here.

It is the same as if you would move the OA3 further away from the subject (but then again any text will be too small to read.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-20 04:03

As you can see in the end of the video, the OA3 has a MUCH wider field of view. Meaning if you configure the two showing the same object sizes finally means that OA3 has to crop into the image much more than the OA1. So it is totally explainable why the OA1 looks to be sharper here.

No, I'm sorry but I disagree.
You can check this yourself by spacing the objects proportionally to the crop and you will see the out of focus anyway.
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 04:06
No, I'm sorry but I disagree.
You can check this yourself by spacing the objects proportionally to the crop and you will see the out of focus anyway.

You would need to set the OA3 to ultra wide and then move it as close to the object to have the same size as the OA1, but this is not possible since then you are <30cm already.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-20 04:08
You would need to set the OA3 to ultra wide and then move it as close to the object to have the same size as the OA1, but this is not possible since then you are

And as an ignoramus I think this is certainly due to the ultra wide mode.
If they have mounted a lens to produce this result then cropping could give that problem, but not as pronounced.
Let's put it this way: I would prefer that there was no ultra wide and that it went like the Action 2.
But at that point I would have bought an Action 2!
If DJi had told me "it's a compromise due to ultra wide" then that's okay, or I would have accepted, but if they tell me this was intentional then I don't accept it, I would rape my consistency.
And if with a 4+ diopter lens the problem is solved but who are we kidding?
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 04:10
If they have mounted a lens to produce this result then cropping could give that problem, but not as pronounced.
Let's put it this way: I would prefer that there was no ultra wide and that it went like the Action 2.

yes I also think that.

Even in photo mode wide it looks like the image is already cropped by 50% compared to video ultra wide mode (= the native lense width).

So afterall it is a tradeoff, you get better stabilization (you need more FoV for it) and more on the image, but less detail since you can never get that close to utilize the full sensor resolution.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-20 04:15
yes I also think that.

Even in photo mode wide it looks like the image is already cropped by 50% compared to video ultra wide mode (= the native lense width).

Ok, then explain to me why with a 4+ diopter lens it is in perfect focus.
So they mounted a lens so utra-wide-angle that it necessarily tends to blur slightly due to excessive crop?
Ok, so you write it clearly in the specifications of the cam on DJI site, and you don't tell me that it is a desired effect in line with the other products, but who are they kidding?
I forgot: the focus also improves with 4+lens in ultra wide, it is tangible, so it means that the sensor does not get an image in focus!
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Asked for replacement/fix to DJI , let's hope all goes smooth as it needs to be.
2022-10-20
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-20 04:08
You would need to set the OA3 to ultra wide and then move it as close to the object to have the same size as the OA1, but this is not possible since then you are

Yes, I tried to explain the same thing earlier, because of how the images were compared in the first post.

TNQ's video shows a lot of clarity getting lost on the OA3 due to dewarping/correcting for a very wide angle lens. Comparing with the OA1 is hard, because of the different focal lengths, which gives the OA optical zoom compared to the OA3. So if you scale OA3 image digitally to get the box to the same size, you get less detail.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ please could you share the raw video of the comparison you made?
Just the source, the files recorded by the cams, not the post-produced.
I have my TV post production expert who is curious to compare them with his professional equipment.
Unfortunately I no longer have my OA3, it is on the road.
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 04:28
TNQ please could you share the raw video of the comparison you made?
Just the source, the files recorded by the cams, not the post-produced.
I have my TV post production expert who is curious to compare them with his professional equipment.

Here it is guys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 4-/view?usp=sharing

( i was wondering the same , since it has ultra wide lens and main goal is to be an action cam , it does the job ? )
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-20 04:39
Here it is guys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19A74SFrehfYOtRUfyF-F1kpo4I6MJu4-/view?usp=sharing

Thanks but I made a bad explanation then.
I mean the two separate files, the one that the cams wrote on the MicroSD, not the one you post produced in split screen.
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 02:27
You know, it is useless to show evidence that even an inept person could grasp, here there are enlightened ones who do not grasp them...

If top is oa1 the shot is handheld.
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

TNQ Posted at 10-20 02:41
For the first comparison pictures ; top one is OA1

In second comparison pics ; top one is OA3

Top must be handheld shot. All blurry when crop-zoom in. So it's invalid test.
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 04:46
Thanks but I made a bad explanation then.
I mean the two separate files, the one that the cams wrote on the MicroSD, not the one you post produced in split screen.

Okay i've put 2 files and OA3 is in wide fov. If you'd like to have OA3 with ultra and standart , i could also upload them.
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... VJXo1iY?usp=sharing

This was test setup

2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 05:01
Top must be handheld shot. All blurry when crop-zoom in. So it's invalid test.

Both were handheld , so yeah might not be correct.
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 05:10
https://youtu.be/kAbQDmMWjKs

Its amazing he tells a totally different story after contacting dji than you do
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 05:10
Come on, let's solve it like this. An official accessory to put in front and end of the problem.

https://youtu.be/kAbQDmMWjKs[/url]

In the video when he uses glasses and zooms to show image difference , logos are filling everywhere preventing to see it. Phew !
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 04:10

Now you need to do the right thing. Send back os3 for a full refund or a cam in fucus. Thise retards, sorry, atacking you, are from facebook, atacking everything with unvalid arguments. Maybe end this tread be4 you go mad. I did see focus issue right after i ordered. And sad must cancel it.
You are spot on, and why do any1 think we not look here in hope, for a solution from dji.
i have an virb360 and the front replacble glas, is destorded, fisheye like, so make a new front glas +3 or +4 shud be easy, and we have focus.
Insted they won't say stop sales, or we send a +4 glas for free.
dji sharpend update but ruin there colorprofile.
Hasselblad must bump his head thise days in his grave.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-20 05:14
In the video when he uses glasses and zooms to show image difference , logos are filling everywhere preventing to see it. Phew !

True, but look at the definition of the writings.
2022-10-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

TNQ Posted at 10-20 02:41
For the first comparison pictures ; top one is OA1

In second comparison pics ; top one is OA3

I think that OA 3 is completely out of focus in this test.... OA1 did it great....
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 05:21
Now you need to do the right thing. Send back os3 for a full refund or a cam in fucus. Thise retards, sorry, atacking you, are from facebook, atacking everything with unvalid arguments. Maybe end this tread be4 you go mad. I did see focus issue right after i ordered. And sad must cancel it.
You are spot on, and why do any1 think we not look here in hope, for a solution from dji.
i have an virb360 and the front replacble glas, is destorded, fisheye like, so make a new front glas +3 or +4 shud be easy, and we have focus.

Thanks for your thoughts, my OA3 is already on its way to DJI.
And I also thank TNQ for the video sources.
The experienced friend says they are both out of focus, and with such a small lens train and such a large fov it's hard to get into focus anywhere.
You can, but only by distancing the lenses considerably, and in that small space it is a feat.
So from what the friend says either they do a hardware miracle or we will keep them that way.
And as an ignorant I can only believe him.
2022-10-20
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 05:21
You are spot on, and why do any1 think we not look here in hope, for a solution from dji.

What do you think of my footage?

2022-10-20
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-20 04:03

Also i think it's normal that ultra-wide FOV gives the best video quality. When you move from ultra wide to standard FOV the video quality degrades (less sharp, more softness) - but since the camera is cropping in no surprise there?  The worst video quality is captured in standard FOV with Horizon Balancing set.

Still not sure what to do, i'll use it in my bike with wide FOV probably, in motion, i also bought one ND8 - ND16 filter from Freewell for improving motion blur

I think i'll keep mine i don't vlogging so much. We'll see
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Unwatchable. Sorry, used to better glass
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 06:57

You’re are a numpty, what do you see out of focus ? Are you judging these videos watching them on this forum where max resolution is less than 720p
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I watched all on you tube in highest resolution and they all look fine, one thing is very clear the colours are exceptionally true. Good job.
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some people are simply way to particular and never satisfied.

Further Action cams  are not for close in stuff. You ponce about winging about the quality and completely miss the point of what a device like this is for. I doubt if you even know to be honest.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

I am the king of the dishonest, they all learned from me.
In fact writing "DJI Osmo Action 3 focus" on Youtube is full of dishonest, everyone made videos reporting the same problem in the name of the king!
Meanwhile DJI filed the "lens +4 diopters" issue on my report to the technical department.
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 07:21
You’re are a numpty, what do you see out of focus ? Are you judging these videos watching them on this forum where max resolution is less than 720p

I'm a content creator, i always look at perspectives, it needs to be pleasant to look at. This look bad. I use oa1 and mavic mini, garmin virb360+ex+ultra30 canon 24mp and sigma 16-35mm lens for my work. Did buy this oa3 was so happy, but damn they failed. Have not seen any video so far after update look good.
This cam is 3point, oa1 is 6point oa2 is 7point gopro11 is 9point out of 10points.
I have a old cam, really cheep cam taking better footage then oa3
Sorry, i want oa3 to be as good as 1+2 but it's not.
The calibration is off.
2022-10-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 08:10
I'm a content creator, i always look at perspectives, it needs to be pleasant to look at. This look bad. I use oa1 and mavic mini, garmin virb360+ex+ultra30 canon 24mp and sigma 16-35mm lens for my work. Did buy this oa3 was so happy, but damn they failed. Have not seen any video so far after update look good.
This cam is 3point, oa1 is 6point oa2 is 7point gopro11 is 9point out of 10points.

Nice review !
2022-10-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 05:30
Thanks for your thoughts, my OA3 is already on its way to DJI.
And I also thank TNQ for the video sources.
The experienced friend says they are both out of focus, and with such a small lens train and such a large fov it's hard to get into focus anywhere.

So we can leave with ours out of focus units ?
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Kamen666 Posted at 10-20 08:18
So we can leave with ours out of focus units ?

At your discretion!
Then I'll update you on the replaced one when it arrives, it will be identical, same problem.
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

So a test needs to be pleasant to look at ? Have you actually watched his videos in high resolution on you tube ? You can watch them in 1080p 60fps and believe me they look fine no problem with minimum focus , fast focus while driving good focus in places where lots of cameras struggle to focus dense shrubbery trees etc. id say post your content and lets see the high benchmark you have set.
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 07:27
I watched all on you tube in highest resolution and they all look fine, one thing is very clear the colours are exceptionally true. Good job.

Yup very good footage
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 08:08
I am the king of the dishonest, they all learned from me.
In fact writing "DJI Osmo Action 3 focus" on Youtube is full of dishonest, everyone made videos reporting the same problem in the name of the king!
Meanwhile DJI filed the "lens +4 diopters" issue on my report to the technical department.

Perhaps you would translate that nonsense for all of us in the English speaking world
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 08:27
At your discretion!
Then I'll update you on the replaced one when it arrives, it will be identical, same problem.

Yup same problem cos there is no problem  I suspect you are another person afflicted with OCD there are a lot of those one here no grasp of real life, searching for perfection and not realising it is them that are flawed
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 06:57

Well if it is unwatchable how come I watched it
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go on then mr creator show us some content.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 09:11
Yup same problem cos there is no problem  I suspect you are another person afflicted with OCD there are a lot of those one here no grasp of real life, searching for perfection and not realising it is them that are flawed

I love the haters!
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules