Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 03:45
Ahhh then yes, you slept well tonight, you are very productive today, nice!
I no longer speak seriously with those who only try to denigrate the other.
Post some videos made with your OA3, you would be more productive, constructive.

Is that you in your Avatar. Are you trying to look cool
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 22:25
Is that you in your Avatar. Are you trying to look cool

Now the attacks come on the image, on the personal, we move on to body shaming, top!
I repeat, I do not respond to provocations, it is a question of IQ.
Changing the subject, how is your survey going?
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 10-21 22:24
Hi. Do you think DJI already solves the "optics" repair process? So fast? I only return mine on Monday and I don't have big eyes. I guess I should have asked for a refund and waited for it to be fixed....(OA4?) I have H behind 8....

Thanks StevoB, much appreciated.
The one I sent as a replacement had the R (2022/08), the new one the T.
I absolutely cannot know how this will work without first having it here and tried.
2022-10-21
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:32
The one I sent as a replacement had the R (2022/08), the new one the T.
I absolutely cannot know how this will work without first having it here and tried.

Stay on it - @MarcoR you are doing just fine.  Look forward to your review on the replacement.  All the other trash is just blah blah blah from troll fanbois BS distractions.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

10-Bit Posted at 10-21 22:35
Stay on it - @MarcoR you are doing just fine.  Look forward to your review on the replacement.  All the other trash is just blah blah blah from troll fanbois BS distractions.

I keep the "blah blah" as a digestive.
Thanks again, I can't wait to try the OA4...
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:28
Now the attacks come on the image, on the personal, we move on to body shaming, top!
I repeat, I do not respond to provocations, it is a question of IQ.
Changing the subject, how is your survey going?

You just responded. So not only do you think you look cool but you now think you have a high IQ. I suspect others do not think the same. Never mind self belief is good no matter how misguided.

Survey is showing results it is what it is a small survey.
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

10-Bit Posted at 10-21 22:35
Stay on it - @MarcoR you are doing just fine.  Look forward to your review on the replacement.  All the other trash is just blah blah blah from troll fanbois BS distractions.

Look two of you. Looks like you have an Action 2. I suspect you are on here looking for reasons to not buy a 3 and have fell in love with Marco. I am sure your 2 purchase was a real winner
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:32
The one I sent as a replacement had the R (2022/08), the new one the T.

Are you sure you know how to work it
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 22:41
You just responded. So not only do you think you look cool but you now think you have a high IQ. I suspect others do not think the same. Never mind self belief is good no matter how misguided.

Survey is showing results it is what it is a small survey.

Responding to a provocation means counteracting in equal measure or more.
My IQ? Below average.
I know it's complicated for you but can we focus (this fits) on the topic?
2022-10-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 22:44
Are you sure you know how to work it

We need to thank people like you, because they hold up a mirror to what we don't like, what causes us to resent... so I thank you and try to read your comments calmly ;)
PS: then such comments (as well as my current one) will lose their meaning and remain only productive.
2022-10-21
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:39
I keep the "blah blah" as a digestive.
Thanks again, I can't wait to try the OA4...

You are very welcome.

If this OA3  soft focus cannot be fixed - then GP11 is plenty sharp enough for me with tons of detail everywhere.  Can say the Insta is crazy on GB though.  Took 90Gb base and wow - works out to about another 200GB with 360 view and multiple flat output variations.  Luckily have unlimited Google Photos storage for free - lifetime.  So no problem.  Must have upload 10+TB by now or more.
2022-10-21
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 22:44
Look two of you. Looks like you have an Action 2. I suspect you are on here looking for reasons to not buy a 3 and have fell in love with Marco. I am sure your 2 purchase was a real winner

Hahahahahaha!  Blah blah blah!
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hahahahahahah
PS: the heart is affective, it is not a declaration of love!
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

10-Bit Posted at 10-21 22:52
You are very welcome.

If this OA3  soft focus cannot be fixed - then GP11 is plenty sharp enough for me with tons of detail everywhere.  Can say the Insta is crazy on GB though.  Took 90Gb base and wow - works out to about another 200GB with 360 view and multiple flat output variations.  Luckily have unlimited Google Photos storage for free - lifetime.  So no problem.  Must have upload 10+TB by now or more.

They told me very highly of the Insta, I have to try it.
2022-10-21
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

@MarcoR thanks for your input and comments on the video i've posted .  The letter after "8" is "S" in my case.
and when your new OA3,5 arrives please comment before you lose time to upload videos somewhere
2022-10-21
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

And all please keep the topic for its purpose. If you 'd like a fight or prove yourself on a non-sense thing , please do this somewhere else.

Our aim is to find out and solve OA3 issue(s).
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-21 23:33
And all please keep the topic for its purpose. If you 'd like a fight or prove yourself on a non-sense thing , please do this somewhere else.

Our aim is to find out and solve OA3 issue(s).

Criticism accepted, it is necessary to see if others receive it as well.
I will, thank you!
2022-10-21
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

And in the end i want to hear from DJI saying for instance :

"Ok followers sorry for this issue but we know that some of lens kits (or whatever it is) has manufacturing errors. No worries we had this problem solved with new batches of production and if you send us for replacement they will be replaced by new fixed batches and you will have fixed unit for sure."

I trust in DJI if i wasn't i would not be fooling to buy from first week it was released. But i also want to be sure when i will take effort to replace it , i need to be %100 sure that i will get a proper/fixed unit and will be a happy consumer again.

My plan was to buy a DJI Mini2 or SE next week of my business visit to another country.. (im my country they are more and more expensive because of taxes etc.)
2022-10-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 23:18
They told me very highly of the Insta, I have to try it.

If DJI can get the OA3 to focus properly then will consider it.  But time is running out.  If they delay - will simply get the GP11 to match with my X3.  Super creative + plain jane slo mo.  In retrospect should have got a 360 long ago - but back then the tech was not there yet.  Footage matches very well with my Nikon and Sony FF cams.  Gotta be sharp though.  Soft focus is BS.

2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-22 00:49
And in the end i want to hear from DJI saying for instance :

"Ok followers sorry for this issue but we know that some of lens kits (or whatever it is) has manufacturing errors. No worries we had this problem solved with new batches of production and if you send us for replacement they will be replaced by new fixed batches and you will have fixed unit for sure."

But surely, it's in their best interest.
Unless it is obviously an insurmountable limit in those dimensions.
DJi is a solid and serious company, I am sure it will find the most suitable solution for its customers who have reported this problem.
When I get the incoming cam I will do a simple test, the OA3 in ultra wide and the GoPro HERO 6 in wide, I will put two identical objects at a different distance to compensate for the difference in FOV and I will record some videos again, so that of the GoPro will have to be further away, almost double.
In that way making comparisons will be even more equal.
2022-10-22
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 21:20
In all likelihood your OA3s have a serial starting with "5S4DK8", please could you give me only your first letter after "8", and even if the kit is standard or the combo?
I already have the serial of the replacement OA3 and would like to check if the next letter identifies it as actually a much newer production batch.
Yours should have an R or an S, thanks.

Mine was 5S4DK9600A....
adventure combo
2022-10-22
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-22 00:59
But surely, it's in their best interest.
Unless it is obviously an insurmountable limit in those dimensions.
DJi is a solid and serious company, I am sure it will find the most suitable solution for its customers who have reported this problem.

I also sure that they are in support and help in best way. That's why i buy DJI products with a self trust.

Yeah. Let's wait and see the results.
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I send my Action 3 back to support in germany. They need some explanations and infos - for example this forum! - to accept my return. First they could not determine my reasons for return.
After the discussion they accepted. I got a new Action 3.

My old Action 3 - Firmware Version: v01.01.04.40 - Sorry, I have no better images

My new Action 3 - Firmware Version: v01.01.05.40

2022-10-22
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 10-22 02:19
I send my Action 3 back to support in germany. They need some explanations and infos - for example this forum! - to accept my return. First they could not determine my reasons for return.
[view_image]

Well if this is replaced with a proper OA3 , i am not returning mine.
2022-10-22
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 10-22 02:19
[view_image]

Thanks for your report.
Given the images you post it is clear only that the second is sharper, but the low quality suggests almost nothing.
Go outside and record something good in ultra-wide and wide and link the source.
What is the seventh character in the serial of your new OA3?
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

osmonauta Posted at 10-22 04:36
"The one I sent as a replacement had the R (2022/08), the new one the T."

I do not think it is possible.
Look at the serial on the box, or just look in your products registered on the DJI site, there are the serials.
Alternatively follow the procedure to request a repair online (but do not finish it of course) and your products will appear with the serial numbers.
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_rDICYpD1xPJ5
lvl.1

Greece

guys, I see it doesn't change anything. On Monday I will be asking for a full refund from amazon and buying gopro 11. I'm tired of waiting..
2022-10-22
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

I am just now outside and walking and took my OA3 with me to keep testing.

Here is 2secs shot:

108C5527-783D-4CCC-A440-6A05D7D56B89.jpeg
57CDC111-94E8-4B8F-9B75-A63674FD4885.jpeg
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

MarcoR Posted at 10-22 04:53
Thanks for your report.
Given the images you post it is clear only that the second is sharper, but the low quality suggests almost nothing.
Go outside and record something good in ultra-wide and wide and link the source.

The seventh character is: Q
Videoclip wide: Videoclip extra wide:
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 10-22 05:30

Thanks!
So in summary, if DJI went in order starting first with the numbers and then with the letters (hex order) your new one is older than mine that I returned.
Then maybe it doesn't mean anything in terms of optical performance, it's always the same cam, it was just to understand the increase in serial numbers to see if we find someone different without the focus problem.
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 10-22 05:30
Videoclip wide: extra wide:

It doesn't look too bad, but there's always that little bit of blur that bothers (me).
Do you have a +4 diopter lens? Try to retest in the same way by putting it in front on the lens, test with and without that lens.
They are the classic lenses for reading glasses, now they are everywhere very cheap, they can be found in pharmacies, in chinese stores, Amazon.
And please provide the original footage on a drive, not Youtube which recompresses them in a very bad way.
Damn when my replacement arrives that I want to do these tests without bothering you?
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:45
Responding to a provocation means counteracting in equal measure or more.
My IQ? Below average.
I know it's complicated for you but can we focus (this fits) on the topic?

Thats twice now
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

TNQ Posted at 10-22 05:14
I am just now outside and walking and took my OA3 with me to keep testing.

Here is 2secs shot:

Lovely images well done
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-22 05:54
It doesn't look too bad, but there's always that little bit of blur that bothers (me).
Do you have a +4 diopter lens? Try to retest in the same way by putting it in front on the lens, test with and without that lens.
They are the classic lenses for reading glasses, now they are everywhere very cheap, they can be found in pharmacies, in chinese stores, Amazon.

Yup keep faffing around testing and wasting your life or you could just enjoy your new toy.

Don’t let the master winger drag you down
2022-10-22
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello guys

From today's test shot while i was enjoying good weather.  I also shot with iPhone11 stills to compare . Okay it's not fair to compare both these cameras but just to keep an example how OA3 performs. For me its more than okay.

Addditionally one video of flowers with OA3. Here is the link of original files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... VJXo1iY?usp=sharing
2022-10-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Very nice.  Here are screenshots.  @MarcoR the SN is 55GTK871 A102RN

2022-10-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 13:09
Action cams are never for close stuff that is what they are never about they are about well Action not super quality. There are big heavy Impractical  very expensive cameras for that

I’m only going on what Osmo say ……

The advertised 30cm close focus is 12 inches. They’re telling porkies.

Even at 3 Feet it’s still questionable..

Why shouldn't an action cam offer super quality? Because they're so small and light, they're fantastic for vlogging so what's the problem with an action cam having a quality picture? Why put a bigger sensor in an action cam if it's not to improve the quality? Why put a front screen on if it looks so poor pointing at you even from 3 feet?
There's nothing special about an action cam. It's a robust box with a fixed lens. That's all. It should still perform as a half decent camera because ..... it's a camera, taking peoples' memories.
2022-10-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

The larger the sensor, the smaller the depth of field, and you have to find compromises...
2022-10-22
Use props
tpetran
lvl.2
Croatia

A fine example

https://youtu.be/3IvP7kW6zi0
2022-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules