o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 22:54
hahahahahahah
PS: the heart is affective, it is not a declaration of love!

No don’t understand any of that. Go on make your Avatar Black and White
2022-10-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

tpetran Posted at 10-22 12:03
A fine example

https://youtu.be/3IvP7kW6zi0

Nice
2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A fine example

Excellent a really good review and this camera looked really good, without any focus issues. Although that could be frowned at around here.
2022-10-22
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

A fine example

Yeah, that video looks great.  Mine isn't too bad, but not as sharp as his.
2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TNQ Posted at 10-22 09:46
Hello guys

From today's test shot while i was enjoying good weather.  I also shot with iPhone11 stills to compare . Okay it's not fair to compare both these cameras but just to keep an example how OA3 performs. For me its more than okay.

Good job and really good results with both focus and colours. But Im finding it ridiculous that some people are screen grabbing and posting here at less than 1/10th of an extremely small file to try showing some soft photos.
And its this ridiculous carry on that has caused unecessary hysteria on this thread and forum.
Also good examples on here will be given shrift acknowledgment.
2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-22 05:54
It doesn't look too bad, but there's always that little bit of blur that bothers (me).
Do you have a +4 diopter lens? Try to retest in the same way by putting it in front on the lens, test with and without that lens.
They are the classic lenses for reading glasses, now they are everywhere very cheap, they can be found in pharmacies, in chinese stores, Amazon.

It all seems to be falling apart for you. The footage shown on this page is excellent with exceptional focus and perfect colour pallet.
However those screen grabbing tiny file photos just go to prove that the type of testing being portrayed on this thread are as useless as a chocolate fireguard . Check out rubbish post 317….
2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 10-22 02:19
I send my Action 3 back to support in germany. They need some explanations and infos - for example this forum! - to accept my return. First they could not determine my reasons for return.
After the discussion they accepted. I got a new Action 3.
[view_image]

Again, posting test shots less than 10% of the actual file size shows nothing. Photos particularly jpegs are extremely hard to judge on a website like this because they render to mush. Now I have seen almost 95% of all videos posted are extremely respectably  focused and they render extremely well to you tube in 1080p 60fps 4k etc. screenshots taken from video render here on this site to complete mush and cannot be compared just like the photos you shared.
Photos on an A3cannot be expected to be better processed than an iphone or GoPro but raw images correctly edited can be shown to be a lot better than iphone and GoPro .
2022-10-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

You are such a weak whiner troll fanboi.  Are you too stupid and useless to download the originals.  Those are just snippets of what was included so everyone can see quickly in this thread.  Trolls only go on to distract from the issue because they have nothing better to do.  Keyboard loser.  Hahahahaha!  Blah blah blah.....

Go outside and do something normal with your cam like take some video and photos to post here - like normal people trying to resolve this "issue".  Upload your original OA3 files or STFU!   Loser troll.

2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 10-22 14:51
You are such a weak whiner troll fanboi.  Are you too stupid and useless to download the originals.  Those are just snippets of what was included so everyone can see quickly in this thread.  Trolls only go on to distract from the issue because they have nothing better to do.  Keyboard loser.  Hahahahaha!  Blah blah blah.....

Go outside and do something normal with your cam like take some video and photos to post here - like normal people trying to resolve this "issue".  Upload your original OA3 files or STFU!   Loser troll.

Mr all mouth no trousers, people don’t need your ridiculous posts, its pretty clear you don’t know the first thing about action 3 after all you’ve never even owned one. Yet you continually harp on on this forum about it. Calling you tube reviewers liar because they post a fair review that doesn’t suit the diatribe you’ve been spewing . Your reposting of ridiculous tiny file photos serves no purpose and its clear from most of your posts you have no clue about the A3 or photography/video in general.

Maybe you should post some of the great videos you have been making with your Nikon/Sony or is that more BS…seems to me you have never posted any videos here on this forum but screen grabs from others seem to be your specialty

2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_i82mY6tgH5DN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98950 ft
  • >>>
United States

That last video link you posted shows what I consider a well focused Action 3.  I would have been thrilled if mine performed like that.  Hopefully shows what is possible.  Here's a few screen grabs.

2022-10-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-22 15:52
Mr all mouth no trousers, people don’t need your ridiculous posts, its pretty clear you don’t know the first thing about action 3 after all you’ve never even owned one. Yet you continually harp on on this forum about it. Calling you tube reviewers liar because they post a fair review that doesn’t suit the diatribe you’ve been spewing . Your reposting of ridiculous tiny file photos serves no purpose and its clear from most of your posts you have no clue about the A3 or photography/video in general.

You are such an asshat internet troll.  Hahahha!  Blah blah blah.

Everyone else got DJI to get the current firmware - while you did nothing but BS.
2022-10-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

It doesn't matter what size the file is, the photo, if I see on it that the background is significantly sharper than the declared foreground even 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x distant than 0.3m....
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

Damn, this is really great!
If mine had worked like this I wouldn't have sent it back to DJI!
A whole other planet, this is in focus, the difference is abysmal!
And that video was made with the first firmware.
So? There are around some OA3 that are good and some that are not, then those who can't see it with their own eyes maybe they are clarifying a healthy objectivity.
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_i82mY6tgH5DN Posted at 10-22 16:46
That last video link you posted shows what I consider a well focused Action 3.  I would have been thrilled if mine performed like that.  Hopefully shows what is possible.  Here's a few screen grabs.

[view_image]

That's right, it's a whole other thing than many grabs and source posted here.
Here the focus is tangibly almost perfect.
So? Is it a doped OA3?
What do fanboys troll think?
Are they also able to detect this difference or do they continue to demonstrate their incompetence and paucity in the matter?
It would be reasonable to say, "actually yes, there is a difference and it shows," but I can understand that when one is a fanboy troll even if you feed him potting soil he would tell you that it is very good caviar.
The world needs objective people who do not allow themselves to be conditioned regardless for an ideal.
Demonstrating inability to change an opinion identifies you as such.
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-22 13:42
It all seems to be falling apart for you. The footage shown on this page is excellent with exceptional focus and perfect colour pallet.
However those screen grabbing tiny file photos just go to prove that the type of testing being portrayed on this thread are as useless as a chocolate fireguard . Check out rubbish post 317….

Spot on and well said
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

10-Bit Posted at 10-22 14:51
You are such a weak whiner troll fanboi.  Are you too stupid and useless to download the originals.  Those are just snippets of what was included so everyone can see quickly in this thread.  Trolls only go on to distract from the issue because they have nothing better to do.  Keyboard loser.  Hahahahaha!  Blah blah blah.....

It is you that is the troll go and warm up next to your action 2
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

10-Bit Posted at 10-22 10:46
Very nice.  Here are screenshots.  @MarcoR the SN is 55GTK871 A102RN

Damn, I totally got it wrong!

5S4DK8T  <- my original with the problem
5S4DK8R  <- my replaced
55GTK87  <- your OA3

So I get an even older one as a production batch.
That is, if that number or letter does not perhaps identify an area in the world.
But there's always the warranty and 2 years of care refresh, so...
2022-10-22
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Something worth trying if you feel it's not right is the factory reset, it doesn't revert firmware but I thought it seemed improved after doing it.
(DJI do mention doing it to eliminate any odd combinations might have crept in)
2022-10-22
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

4wd Posted at 10-22 23:38
Something worth trying if you feel it's not right is the factory reset, it doesn't revert firmware but I thought it seemed improved after doing it.

Yes, DJI had recommended it too, I had done it but at least here nothing had changed.
2022-10-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-22 22:48

You are such a loser.  Blind as a bat to boot.  Hahahahaha!
2022-10-23
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-22 22:22
That's right, it's a whole other thing than many grabs and source posted here.
Here the focus is tangibly almost perfect.
So? Is it a doped OA3?

What those idiot troll fanbois did not realize because of their immense stupidity - is that I posted those super low res screenshots to prove that low res files clearly show sufficient focus differences.  Sure enough they all missed that.   100% Buffoons!  Hahahahaha!

Now what I purposefully did not note is that - that specific OA3 showed chroma grain just like my Action 2 did -  ie. focus was good and sharp enough for me.  What morons!  Hahahaha!

Further this indicates that if you do not have a OA3 that can focus like this example - you have a defective cam.  Wow.  What a conclusion troll morons.   Hahahaha!

I noticed other extremely important shooting parameters as well.  Hmmm?  Let see who can spot what.  Idiots.  They only sit in front of their lonely keyboards vs shooting with their out-of-focus cams.  Hahahaha!

2022-10-23
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

4wd Posted at 10-22 23:38

I did the same and my last post concerning still shots and flower video seem better. Also what i found that if camera is sitting on a tripod and you stand in front of it gives best but if you hold it with a stick and move around its a bit blurry which RS is trying to keep up . If this is a reason i think can be fixed with further fw updates.
This is my idea and result from my findings. I will keep my unit which i find ok and not rolling the dice again
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 10-22 18:09
You are such an asshat internet troll.  Hahahha!  Blah blah blah.

Everyone else got DJI to get the current firmware - while you did nothing but BS.

So i take it you won’t be posting. I suppose since you never have its highly unlikely.
2022-10-23
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 00:49
So i take it you won’t be posting. I suppose since you never have its highly unlikely.

You are a 100% Buffoon certified asshat fanbois internet troll.   Hahahaha!  Extremely stupid as well.  Hahahahahaha!
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-22 22:48

I sense a bit of panic among the “WDTS BRIGADE” = Women Down at The Shops it seems to be against everything they have stood for to see people actually enjoying and using their A3. They have now decided to combat this with some of their favorite verbal diarrhoea. It seems if you dont go along with the WDTS instead of thinking you might know something they resort to insults and calling you a fanboy and a troll amongst other things. They have abused many others on this forum with different views than their jaundiced take down of a pretty good unit. Its good to see so many now realizing that posting actual video has shown just how good the unit can actually be.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 10-22 22:14
It doesn't matter what size the file is, the photo, if I see on it that the background is significantly sharper than the declared foreground even 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x distant than 0.3m....

So you think posting a repost 10% of a file size that has already been reduced to 10% of its orignal size then in turn zoomed in 200% is helpful and people can actually learn something from this. I am referring to post 317, do you really think this helps anything. Now the same poster has been doing the same thing all over this forum to try to show something I’m just not familiar with. I think posting rubbish will always be only one thing and thats rubbish.
2022-10-23
Use props
aliveathome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237812 ft
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 01:12
I sense a bit of panic among the “WDTS BRIGADE” = Women Down at The Shops  it seems to be against everything they have stood for to see people actually enjoying and using their A3. They have now decided to combat this with some of their favorite verbal diarrhoea. They have abused many others on this forum with different views than their jaundiced take down of a pretty good unit. Its good to see so many now realizing that posting actual video has shown just how good the unit can actually be.

It's nice to see that there are cameras performing as they should. That shows how good it can be if all the parts are dialed in. Mine wasn't and thats why it had to go back while I had the chance. Gave it almost two weeks of testing. I personally wasn't willing to take a chance to get a replacement unit that wasn't ok. Really liked everything else about the camera though and will probably consider DJI as an action cam alternative in the future. But right now it's a very expensive lottery ticket from my point of view.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

aliveathome Posted at 10-23 01:31
It's nice to see that there are cameras performing as they should. That shows how good it can be if all the parts are dialed in. Mine wasn't and thats why it had to go back while I had the chance. Gave it almost two weeks of testing. I personally wasn't willing to take a chance to get a replacement unit that wasn't ok. Really liked everything else about the camera though and will probably consider DJI as an action cam alternative in the future. But right now it's a very expensive lottery ticket from my point of view.

Thats exactly what your warranty is for. I don’t believe its a lottery ticket. I just think it will improve all the time. Mine wasn’t perfect and still isn’t , but simple refresh and calibration i got big improvements. I think comparing this camera to iPhones that cost upwards of 3/4 times the price of this camera and use a whole different processing unit is not a great comparison . I cannot see anyone strapping an iphone pro max 14 to their head and skiing down the side of a mountain. So it’s probably time for some to remove the blinkers and look at the potential here. I remember problems with both action 1 and 2 and almost all go pros on release but most of these if not all turned out with updates to be good cameras.
2022-10-23
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-23 00:41
I did the same and my last post concerning still shots and flower video seem better. Also what i found that if camera is sitting on a tripod and you stand in front of it gives best but if you hold it with a stick and move around its a bit blurry which RS is trying to keep up . If this is a reason i think can be fixed with further fw updates.
This is my idea and result from my findings. I will keep my unit which i find ok and not rolling the dice again

Good or bad all cams (the sensor) are sensitive to motion.
If you then add internal stabilization to that even worse.
Tests should therefore be done with the cam stationary, as I did.
But what amazes me is that in that last video posted the result is very good even with the cam moving and stabilization on, this makes me think (and hope) that some have been well calibrated or at least have something that is better, considering that the author of that video wrote that he left everything on automatic.
Ideally there would be a direct comparison of two OA3s, one that apparently has the focus problem like mine and his that seems to work extraordinarily well.
I do not rule out also doing this comparative test with an OA3 taken from Amazon, being able to return it.
2022-10-23
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

A comparison in my opinion quite objective by someone who knows about photography.
Interesting comparison on the focus at 3:45.

2022-10-23
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-23 02:25
Good or bad all cams (the sensor) are sensitive to motion.
If you then add internal stabilization to that even worse.
Tests should therefore be done with the cam stationary, as I did.

Yeah this really again reminds me my idea that; when i return it for replacement , i need to %100 be sure that replacement will be done with a unit like in the example but not another one from the shelf and roll the dice.

2022-10-23
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-23 04:19
Yeah this really again reminds me my idea that; when i return it for replacement , i need to %100 be sure that replacement will be done with a unit like in the example but not another one from the shelf and roll the dice.

I obviously hope not but I have a feeling that we will roll the dice instead.
I will tell you in a few days, fingers crossed.
What gives me hope is that mine was replaced within 4 hours of the defective one arriving, at lightning speed, maybe they didn't even try the one out of focus.
Maybe for those who reported this defect they have some ready maybe that are okay, dunno.
2022-10-23
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-23 04:26
I obviously hope not but I have a feeling that we will roll the dice instead.
I will tell you in a few days, fingers crossed.
What gives me hope is that mine was replaced within 4 hours of the defective one arriving, at lightning speed, maybe they didn't even try the one out of focus.

Good luck , i am also very excited how will be the new one.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-23 04:06
A comparison in my opinion quite objective by someone who knows about photography.
Interesting comparison on the focus at 3:45.

Strange then he never realised just how wrong the colours were on the go pro, considering correct colours are such a huge factor in photography. Strange that one.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-23 04:06
Interesting comparison on the focus at 3:45.

Double post
2022-10-23
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TNQ Posted at 10-23 00:41
I did the same and my last post concerning still shots and flower video seem better. Also what i found that if camera is sitting on a tripod and you stand in front of it gives best but if you hold it with a stick and move around its a bit blurry which RS is trying to keep up . If this is a reason i think can be fixed with further fw updates.

Yes I think rocksteady is involved too -  even in low light everything is MUCH crisper if the camera is stationary it is very striking .
2022-10-23
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-23 04:32
Good luck , i am also very excited how will be the new one.

I think DJi will only replace the cams to those who obviously report such a defect, a global return if none are fine would be useless.
They are also counting on those who maybe such a problem they don't see and are fine with that, obviously free will.
In fact, the author of the video above says that his OA3 did not have that focus problem he would consider the product best buy, which I also believe.
2022-10-23
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

I've also uploaded 2 vidoes to YT .. but still not like the lucky guy's OA3 ? Right ?

2022-10-23
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-23 04:58
I've also uploaded 2 vidoes to YT .. but still not like the lucky guy's OA3 ? Right ?

In all honesty I have to say that I don't see a lot of difference between your second video and the one I said was fine, but only when you are exposed to sunlight.
It is therefore possible that the sensor inside the OA3 is a little deaf in the details when there is little lighting.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TNQ Posted at 10-23 04:58

https://youtu.be/yoAoEv3fLqA

Are the settings auto ?
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules