46590 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

StevoB Posted at 11-27 08:39
I hope I won't be so obnoxious when I'm their age...

I may be older than them (55), rest assured, it is not a question of age but of education and respect for others' opinions.
2022-11-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 11-27 08:37
Ani by som sa nečudoval, že je to ten istý

[view_image]

Myslel som si to isté. Obaja sa k ľuďom správajú pohŕdavo.
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 11-27 08:39
I hope I won't be so obnoxious when I'm their age...

Why are you going to stop being obnoxious  between now and then

2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 11-27 09:14
I may be older than them (55), rest assured, it is not a question of age but of education and respect for others' opinions.

Is that because you’re God, or is no one allowed a different opinion to you. Pot calling kettle black I’d say.
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-27 09:23
Myslel som si to isté. Obaja sa k ľuďom správajú pohŕdavo.

You really are an incredibly ignorant person, you accuse others of treating people with contempt while at the same time being completely ignorant and contemptuous yourself. I believe they call it “Running with the hares and hunting with the hounds”
2022-11-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 09:36
Is that because you’re God, or is no one allowed a different opinion to you. Pot calling kettle black I’d say.

I judge you on behalf of me. But that's exactly the kind of God you make yourself...You absolutely do not respect the opinion of others.
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 11-27 09:45
I judge you on behalf of me. But that's exactly the kind of God you make yourself...You absolutely do not respect the opinion of others.

Isn’t that what you’re are doing “not respecting others opinions unless they agree with your jaundiced views and for someone who doesn’t own a unit you still whine a lot.
2022-11-27
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 09:50
Isn’t that what you’re are doing “not respecting others opinions unless they agree with your jaundiced views and for someone who doesn’t own a unit you still whine a lot.

You repeat yourself like a parrot, so I have nothing more to say to you... Be healthy (also mentally) and happy (also non-mentally).
2022-11-27
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 11-27 09:45
I judge you on behalf of me. But that's exactly the kind of God you make yourself...You absolutely do not respect the opinion of others.

I am amazed that you still waste time on it, ignore, it is the best way, whatever he writes.
When a person comes to insults, it is best to ignore them.
If he insults it means his mind cannot produce something reasonable, and the insults start.
If you respond with insults then you stoop to his level, avoid.
Ignore it.
When he realizes that he is not being considered believe me, he gets tired.
2022-11-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 09:42
You really are an incredibly ignorant person, you accuse others of treating people with contempt while at the same time being completely ignorant and contemptuous yourself. I believe they call it “Running with the hares and hunting with the hounds”

Nah, I save it solely  for you and that other obnoxious 'member.' (literally)
2022-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 11-27 10:10
I am amazed that you still waste time on it, ignore, it is the best way, whatever he writes.
When a person comes to insults, it is best to ignore them.
If he insults it means his mind cannot produce something reasonable, and the insults start.

But when you insult without provocation thats fine by you. Except its cowardly ignorance on your part speaking out the side of your mouth….
2022-11-27
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 08:28
Is that your best, just continually echoing for the idiot above. I kinda thought you were one of those who actually wanted to get sorted but It’s clear now that you’d rather spend your time with the prawn sandwich brigade whining

I can certainly do better. Just gaining momentum ;)
I really wanted to be of help to other users, but after all this spam from the "member" in question, I'm starting to wonder where it's going to end up
2022-11-28
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 11-27 08:37
Ani by som sa nečudoval, že je to ten istý

[view_image]

Split personality perhaps?
2022-11-28
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I continued to fiddle with the lens setting last night, including turning the lens all the way out. In my case, the lens was attached with only two small glue drops.
My tests revealed the following: If you turn the lens too far out (CCW), the camera loses focus very quickly in the distance, but has a super focus close up, you could really use the camera for macro photography.

If you turn the lens too far in (CW), not only will the focus be lost at some point in the near distance (30cm), but the image will also become blurrier overall, even in the distance.

However, once you have found the perfect position, the image will be very sharp at 30cm as well as in the distance.

2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

This time, when OA3 comes to me from Germany, that according to them it is aimed well, I will aim it myself so that it is aimed correctly. I still have a stick from pentax to clean the sensors in case it gets dirty.....I like to play with that.
2022-11-28
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

JustName Posted at 11-28 02:13
I continued to fiddle with the lens setting last night, including turning the lens all the way out. In my case, the lens was attached with only two small glue drops.
My tests revealed the following: If you turn the lens too far out (CCW), the camera loses focus very quickly in the distance, but has a super focus close up, you could really use the camera for macro photography.

incroyable .. ce serait un signe d'une qualité de fabrication indigne de DJI
2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Darklf Posted at 11-28 02:44
incroyable .. ce serait un signe d'une qualité de fabrication indigne de DJI

But it is
2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

JustName

I want more photos of the dissection
2022-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Did you at least put white out on where the lens was first seated on both the cam and lens, think not does not ev en show in the vid  
2022-11-28
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

JustName Posted at 11-28 02:13
I continued to fiddle with the lens setting last night, including turning the lens all the way out. In my case, the lens was attached with only two small glue drops.

That a compromise on the distance of the lens from the sensor was necessary was obvious, however I do not think it is easy to understand what precisely the exact compromise is.
Theoretically it should be the one set by DJI at the factory.
I repeat: theoretically.
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Does anyone know what Focal lenght OA3 have? I know FOV (Field of view) is 155 but need to know the focal lenght in mm.
When we know the focal length, then we can calculate the exact focal distance for this camera.
From my precalculations, with 4mm it still didn't give sharp focal length from 30cm to infinity. And with 6mm it was way shorter focal distance.

But it doesn't need to be tack sharp for video, so I think it should have around 4mm that the circle of confusion should be close enough.
2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It has a focal length of 12.7mm and F2.8 lens.
2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Answer from Germany by "technician":

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your continued support.
Despite thoroughly testing your product Osmo Action 3 in case# CAS-..........., we were unable to reproduce the described problems. In order to make sure you can receive an workable product,we would like to do a check again.  But before that, we need your help to give more detailed description or pictures or videos ( if have ) of the issue you encountered via Chat link.

For example, the exact setup, the environment in which the error occurred, any error messages ect.

With the camera, I sent about 6x A4 printed photos from 30cm and 40cm (wide and dewarp) with 200% and 300% magnification, also for comparison, how the GoPro 11 does it under the same conditions, I also added a detailed description of the mismatched focus range. .... Even a blind person would see the difference and softness even at 40cm and this is the answer from the technician? What else do they need? Was it fixed on the way by courier???

2022-11-28
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 11-28 09:33

Dear Customer,

This is the same answer they gave me, I asked them to print the A4 sheet in the first post and photograph it 40 cm away, and send me the result.
Response:

'So in order to print something like you shared you must alt eat have a proper ink jet printer with A4 photo paper'.

And I printed it with a mesozoic Epson on super cheap A4 paper, and yet the GoPro HERO 6 you can see what it photographed, it's in the first post.
This is to understand what level we are at.
If for them the camera picks up subjects correctly in focus in considerable distance it means the cam is fine, they are absolutely disinterested in the issue of "focus in the stated range".
I think the only way we have left is DIY.
2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shame. I really like the camera but it isn’t good enough for me closer up. You’d need one helluva long selfie stick!!

It still looks ‘off’ to me at a distance of 1 to 2 meters. None of my other Action cams have looked as poor at that distance. So if it's not even recognised by Osmo, it looks like my Action 3 is going to be retired. Not good enough.
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Dear Customer,

I got the same answer in my case, they are just high in NL it seems like

Here is my post about it:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D781%26typeid%3D781
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-28 08:44
It has a focal length of 12.7mm and F2.8 lens.

Where did you find that or find it out?

Anyway 12,7mm (strange number tho) makes it even worse for getting all in focus from 30cm to inifinity.
2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 11-28 10:35
Where did you find that or find it out?

Anyway 12,7mm (strange number tho) makes it even worse for getting all in focus from 30cm to inifinity.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/dji-osmo-action-3

https://cameradecision.com/review/DJI-Osmo-Action-3
2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Let OA3 be at home already, let me start calibrating.....then I will issue them an invoice - one ton of shame
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Nice then we know, thanks.

Edit: 12.7mm is what it would be on a full-frame sensor (equlant)

2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it be useful to leave the lens ‘loose’ and have two fixed points marked out? One for infinity, and another for close (which might not give such a sharp looking distance shot)

My mate, Dave Harry did this with an old Yi camera. It was brilliant! He even got it down to macro at one point.

Just flip between the two points on the screw thread.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Dear Customer,

OA3 out of focus message.jpg
2022-11-28
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I will send them exactly this, maybe also the manual from JustName
2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---deleted--- ;)
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

So I did a test with calculating potential values for Osmo Action 3 and this is what I got.
And if people wondering, this is physics so values of this DOF (depth of field) is what physics from lenses are.

What we know about OA3 is: Sensor size, FOV, MP (not important here) and I had to guess Focal length in mm. So from this I used the smallest number it allowed me to use and it was 3mm (14mm FX eqvulant). But with 3mm is only gives us 130 degree FOV, so it should be even lower and 14mm on a FX (full frame) sensor is not extremly wide.

So from this information I put this DOF Simulator to focus on 60cm and from that we can see that OA3 should have focus from 32.5cm to infinity. Also it should have good enough focus from 27.5cm (Circle of Confusion=almost perfect focus).

So for people doing the manual focus themself (fixing their unit), set it to focus as atleast 60mm to be able to get it clearly in focus and nail the DOF.

A little advanced note; f/2.8 is not the true value of this lens, f-numbers on lenses are just the closest number and vary between manufactures. The true value is always mentioned in T-numbers. And most f/2.8 lenses have a T-number of 3,1 or higher. So this will just give even more in focus, but for making it easy, we only talk about f-numbers now.

dof OA3.png
2022-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-28 11:28
This bloke has now started messaging me with insults and name calling because he’s upset about thumbs down. He’s blaming me for it. It seems that discussing this topic upsets him to the point of attempts at ‘email bullying’

Seeing that the facility is there, I can’t see what his problem is. He’s collecting them like green shield stamps.

I think its fair to say I sent you one message. You sent me 5 in reply denigrating others not involved calling them IDIOTS , so as they say whats good for the goose is good for the Gander. Its only a week ago you racially attacked me before eventually deleting all your racial remarks. You are now trying to divulge private messages, others should be aware private messages are not private with you. Do your worst but it seems you have some sort of a wish to make everything on this A3 forum personal and nothing to do with the A3.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 11-28 11:32
So I did a test with calculating potential values for Osmo Action 3 and this is what I got.
And if people wondering, this is physics so values of this DOF (depth of field) is what physics from lenses are.

"...we can see that OA3 should have focus from 32.5mm to infinity"
32.5mm? That's 3.5cm. Isn't that a little too close? Even an iPhone can't focus to that range (...granted the iPhone is not wide angle, at least not my 7).
2022-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 11-28 11:41
"...we can see that OA3 should have focus from 32.5mm to infinity"
32.5mm? That's 3.5cm. Isn't that a little too close? Even an iPhone can't focus to that range (...granted the iPhone is not wide angle, at least not my 7).

I fixed the error, is should be cm not mm
Thanks for pointing it out.
2022-11-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-28 10:41
https://www.techradar.com/reviews/dji-osmo-action-3

https://cameradecision.com/review/DJI-Osmo-Action-3

Clearly, whoever wrote that article on cameradecision.com was a bot.

CONS:
- No Built-in Viewfinder (...why, is there an action camera that has one?)
- Low Screen Resolution (... it's 326ppi. The MacBook Pro is 227)
- No Manual Exposure (...hmmm... not sure what the Manual mode is for, then)
2022-11-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didn’t look at the review. I just searched for specs and two sites came up with the 12.7mm

'No external flash shoe' got me laughing .....

2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules