Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

MarcoR Posted at 12-13 01:18
Great, thanks for the feedback.
It's been a matter of luck or bad luck since I opened this post.
The production date matters little, instead it matters how they worked at DJI that day.

They may have hired new people to assemble the optics since November
2022-12-13
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The new workers had to pass their eye test before the interview.
2022-12-13
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

I received yet another replacement OA3 today (my fourth, LOL).
But this go around with a good chance maybe I received a refurbished one, they sent me the old packaging with all the accessories and the old battery, and a new box (sealed) where a label was applied covering the classic contents, inside was in fact only the new OA3, production date 2022/11.
This photo is taken with my smartphone, LOL!
Let's start the tests...

box.jpg
2022-12-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MarcoR Posted at 12-13 07:40
But this go around with a good chance maybe I received a refurbished one, they sent me the old packaging with all the accessories and the old battery, and a new box (sealed) where a label was applied covering the classic contents, inside was in fact only the new OA3, production date 2022/11.

Or you could just use it as it was designed.......... I think you need to get out way more
2022-12-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-13 06:11
The new workers had to pass their eye test before the interview.

You should be on the tv with that kind of stuff you are so funny
2022-12-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-13 05:48
They may have hired new people to assemble the optics since November

Perhaps you could do it. I am sure you know how do do it................... Not
2022-12-13
Use props
zicovaara
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179439 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I received my third replacement today.  The first two OA3 were both 9/2022.

9/2022

11/2022
2022-12-13
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-13 08:00
You should be on the tv with that kind of stuff you are so funny

Thank you. I was funnily enough. Quite regularly. And radio. I'm retired now and living in the country.
2022-12-13
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-13 08:01

Many of us have already done it, not because we want to replace European "technicians" or because we need to prove something, but because we have cameras with focus for which we bought them and which the incompetent manufacturer himself declares. A simple operation, of course, with a possible risk, as with everything with lenses, and at your own risk. It was worth the risk to me. If there was someone from the area who was afraid to do it, I would be happy to help them for free.
2022-12-13
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah. The blind leading the blind. You could do it too. Haha
2022-12-13
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

zicovaara Posted at 12-13 08:51

[view_image]

A big leap for the better.
2022-12-13
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

zicovaara Posted at 12-13 08:51

[view_image]

Is the FOV the same on those two examples?
2022-12-13
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

MarcoR Posted at 12-13 07:40
But this go around with a good chance maybe I received a refurbished one, they sent me the old packaging with all the accessories and the old battery, and a new box (sealed) where a label was applied covering the classic contents, inside was in fact only the new OA3, production date 2022/11.

Look forward to your test results .
2022-12-13
Use props
ardrijewellery
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 12-13 08:56
Many of us have already done it, not because we want to replace European "technicians" or because we need to prove something, but because we have cameras with focus for which we bought them and which the incompetent manufacturer himself declares. A simple operation, of course, with a possible risk, as with everything with lenses, and at your own risk. It was worth the risk to me. If there was someone from the area who was afraid to do it, I would be happy to help them for free.

I think its fair to say. Not one single person who preformed this task of turning the lens has posted a single 2/3 minute video after resetting the lens , and almost all of the test photos posted show problems , so maybe you will post this a proper test video and include photos plus source because from what I see this moving the lens just created more problems and loss of warranty.
2022-12-13
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Videos later. source

30cm

40cm

2022-12-13
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Unfortunately, the weather here is bad, impossible to do outdoor testing.
But the indoor results finally are in my opinion very good.
I photographed the monitor and also made movies, the focus is very good, even tends to keep it as early as only 15 cm away.
So I feel to say that probably the new OA3 they sent me in that sealed package but with only the camera inside could be from DJI labs in China, a likely refurbished (aesthetically it is perfect) or new but where they calibrated the focus range correctly.
It took almost three months and four CAS to get a product that finally fits into the stated specifications, but getting there is the important thing.
What can I say, good luck with your OA3s!
2022-12-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

MarcoR Posted at 12-14 00:01
I photographed the monitor and also made movies, the focus is very good, even tends to keep it as early as only 15 cm away.

Great that your camera have good focus now, mine also do look promising now and will make my first video today with it when snow plowing here. Sad we doesn't have good daylight now.
2022-12-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I photographed the monitor and also made movies, the focus is very good, even tends to keep it as early as only 15 cm away.

So in the end, the whole support machinery is really starting to move.... They probably wouldn't have time to send to technicians to China within the legal deadlines, since, as confirmed, they don't have technicians anywhere else, only in China.
2022-12-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

I'm pretty sure this product certainly wasn't sealed in the EU, and the anomalous packaging with the label covering the details of the contents and with only the cam inside is something we don't normally see around.
So probably in China after the continuous CASs opened by so many users are providing replacements with well-calibrated units to close the issue, and also to make sure that users then speak well of it.
And in this way by not moving the lens I keep the warranty intact.
I don't care about the opinion of trolls, in fact I stopped considering them long ago, what I care about is that this thread has served a purpose, at least as far as I'm concerned.
Sometimes raising dust in the air helps.
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

What should I do more precisely? In your haste to answer, you write nonsense.....Yes ?
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

I photographed the monitor and also made movies, the focus is very good, even tends to keep it as early as only 15 cm away.

I'm glad you finally got a good camera without problems! I am more and more convinced that those from November are already with a corrected focus. I am waiting for such units to enter my country and will try with number 3
2022-12-14
Use props
ardrijewellery
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 12-14 00:23
I'm pretty sure this product certainly wasn't sealed in the EU, and the anomalous packaging with the label covering the details of the contents and with only the cam inside is something we don't normally see around.
So probably in China after the continuous CASs opened by so many users are providing replacements with well-calibrated units to close the issue, and also to make sure that users then speak well of it.
And in this way by not moving the lens I keep the warranty intact.

All this thread done was create ridiculous conspiracy theories that were sorted out by improved FW , but you’re too ignorant to recognize this. Conspiracies are easily followed by those with rings in their noses and led by the gods of doom and gloom.
Your stupid theory regarding the box your osmo A arrived is just another point in fact of how you revel in your own ridiculous conspiracies. Fact is many replacements arrive in a box designed for that replacement without accessories and to any fool this would make perfect sense. I have received similar with a replacement Mavic 1 going back 7 years, so no conspiracy for you there as its normal practice by dji .
Your thread served little purpose except for those who wished to carry on your ridiculous conspiracies taking their OA apart rendering it useless to the point they were not able to post any real evidence their notion actually worked.
Your ignorance showed when you refused to listen to those who offered the simple opinion that this was pretty normal for dji products and would be ironed out in future FW updates as this was the case here with OA. It was also the case with OP 1/2 OA1 Orignal Osmo 1 and yes many complained of HW defects just like your conspiracy but were proven wrong and why, because the refused to accept  accommodate the opinions of others with experience, a true reflection of any real conspiracy theorists.
2022-12-14
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ardrijewellery@gmail.com Posted at 12-13 15:05
I think its fair to say. Not one single person who preformed this task of turning the lens has posted a single 2/3 minute video after resetting the lens , and almost all of the test photos posted show problems , so maybe you will post this a proper test video and include photos plus source because from what I see this moving the lens just created more problems and loss of warranty.

Sorry, but there is a lot of videos after the adjustment.
2022-12-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

JustName Posted at 12-14 01:37

Why respond to those who deserve no response by offending others?
Just ignore him.
2022-12-14
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ardrijewellery@gmail.com Posted at 12-14 01:23
All this thread done was create ridiculous conspiracy theories that were sorted out by improved FW , but you’re too ignorant to recognize this. Conspiracies are easily followed by those with rings in their noses and led by the gods of doom and gloom.
Your stupid theory regarding the box your osmo A arrived is just another point in fact of how you revel in your own ridiculous conspiracies. Fact is many replacements arrive in a box designed for that replacement without accessories and to any fool this would make perfect sense. I have received similar with a replacement Mavic 1 going back 7 years, so no conspiracy for you there as its normal practice by dji .
Your thread served little purpose except for those who wished to carry on your ridiculous conspiracies taking their OA apart rendering it useless to the point they were not able to post any real evidence their notion actually worked.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense.
2022-12-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

ardrijewellery@gmail.com Posted at 12-14 01:23
Your thread served little purpose except for those who wished to carry on your ridiculous conspiracies taking their OA apart rendering it useless to the point they were not able to post any real evidence their notion actually worked.

Conspiracy theory, improved firmware and who pays you?
You want a source but you are not looking. There are tons of tests and videos on YT after editing, you want it here on a golden platter. Yes, the first attempts to correct out of focus were by adding a diopter in front of the lens, and there were deformations for understandable reasons, but by rotating the max 15° CCW you will not get the deformation, only the correct setting as it should be and as it is unfortunately still sold incorrectly, because in focus cameras are only available after the intervention of a service technician in China.
2022-12-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 12-14 01:37

Yes I seen them and pointed out the problems caused by shifting one problem for another, but it fell on deaf ears. You all drank Marcos coolaid. Yet so many are really happy having done nothing except update last FW again those who drank the coolaid completely ignored.

The truth is this was not a mass hardware problem if there were a few thats the most “a few” it was almost a replicated release of almost all dji products that invariably improve greatly with FW as the action has, its strange but its the way with dji products and if a product can be improved greatly after release through development of FW Im good with that.

There is a video posted on this thread by the Russian guy who moved his lens and created a different focus perspective but thats all he did , he didn’t create a perfectly focused action camera “far from it”
2022-12-14
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

Maybe he needs to see this?

Osmo Action 3 shots after adjusting the lens compared to a second unadjusted device

2022-12-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 12-14 01:57

Osmo Action 3 shots after adjusting the lens compared to a second unadjusted device

Insisting counts for nothing, even if you show obvious evidence.
Those who do not want to see will never see, and if they do not want to see they have their own very good reasons, and I am not the least bit interested in knowing which ones given his offensive behavior.
The nice thing is that they show up on this forum from Ireland, with a myriad of registered products, with often different nicknames.... yes, and I'm Santa Claus!
I have been on the Web since Internet was born, certain behaviors are easily categorized and unmasked, so absolutely understandable, If I were in their position I would do exactly the same (but without offending or you lose credibility), that's why I ignore them.
And that is exactly why I have never offended them, I know why they do it, textbook procedure but imho a little bit wrong.
The latest firmware introduced obvious improvements, but some OA3 also had an obvious problem with hardware lens calibration.
In the resolution of my latest CAS it clearly says "lens module was malfunctioned, which caused blur on video/photo," and this was written by DJI Repair Center GmbH, not by me.
Those who would like the CAS number to verify it I can send it to them privately.
Conspiracy... kool-aid... LOL!

Cattura.JPG
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Yes, he appeared again and is more alive and active than anywhere!
I mean Hallmark007 ;)
I was quite bored without his extremely informative posts!
2022-12-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Good but not great.
Better than before for sure, probably the new firmware does something.
Likely working on manual focus calibration too even though it is now acceptable anyway.
This is a frame from a movie I'm uploading now to Youtube.
Latest firmware installed in both action cams.
The GoPro HERO6 video was stabilized in post production with Gyroflow, while the OA3 video is internally stabilized with RockSteady.
Let's say that now the differences are definitely smaller.

2022-12-15
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

The OA3's image always comes out a bit choppy, however it should be considered that it was recording at 60 fps while on the HERO6 it was at 30, so less compression at the almost bitrate.
Better than before for sure, there will always be room for improvement but it is now within the stated parameters.

2022-12-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And I got my replacement new one which is the tenth and I found out that at 1 cm it would not focus on the hairs on the ants legs....... This is just not acceptable I will have to send it all back again and waste loads of the earths resources just because I am obsessed and have no idea at all about what these cameras are actually for...........
2022-12-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MarcoR Posted at 12-15 03:04
The OA3's image always comes out a bit choppy, however it should be considered that it was recording at 60 fps while on the HERO6 it was at 30, so less compression at the almost bitrate.
Better than before for sure, there will always be room for improvement but it is now within the stated parameters.

It is better. I do like the Osmo colour. The question is really, are they all coming out better now or is this just luck?
2022-12-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-16 06:30
And I got my replacement new one which is the tenth and I found out that at 1 cm it would not focus on the hairs on the ants legs....... This is just not acceptable I will have to send it all back again and waste loads of the earths resources just because I am obsessed and have no idea at all about what these cameras are actually for...........

I like my Action 3 so much that I bought a tenth one because I'm so pleased with it. I'm capturing wonderful memories and not obsessing like everyone else. I might buy another I think. I wave them around on my boat and it all looks so impressionistic and gives a great feeling of being on waves, because I use it as an action cam and shout 'Action' just before I start. Everyone jumps around so I get great motion blur.

Mods 1273

2022-12-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-16 07:55
It is better. I do like the Osmo colour. The question is really, are they all coming out better now or is this just luck?

So if its bad its DJI fault if its good its “Luck” such logic beggars belief
2022-12-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not listening ‘cos you’re writing stupid remarks ...... talking tripe yet again. .

Mods 1276

2022-12-16
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 12-14 01:57

Almost everything on the edges of your videos is soft and particularly soft when comparing with the centre, fall off can happen but not to the degree shown in your video. The opening video trees /bush on the left hand side is very mushy.. You are almost pretending this is a vlogging camera which it is not you can use it for vlogging but it wont compare to cameras that track like Osmo pocket. All you have succeeded in doing is create out of focus edges in wide angle shots in your videos.
2022-12-16
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-16 07:55

Who would know?
However, StevoB's recent videos make me think that his focal range is better than this one.
Having Care Refresh on this OA3 I would not rule out trying to calibrate it better, although this one seems acceptable to me.
The previous ones even at one meter blurred a lot, this one did not.
I would be curious to know who detects blurring even with the new firmware, I mean with a blatantly out-of-focus OA3.
2022-12-16
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

MarcoR Posted at 12-16 08:22
Who would know?
However, StevoB's recent videos make me think that his focal-level calibration is better than this one.
Having Care Refresh on this OA3 I would not rule out trying to calibrate it better, although this one seems acceptable to me.

Yesterday I received my second order of Adventure Combo and disappointed to see that, like the first one I had, this camera is not in focus. I am not yet ready to try the direct approach of self-adjusting the lens. So I have again requested a return for refund.  FWIW the build date on this combo is same as last one...2022/9.  Am thinking would be better off to order the Standard Combo and perhaps get a more recent batch camera that is correctly focused but I really want the extra batteries and charger.  Guess I'll give it a few more months before trying again.
2022-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules