46596 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

skysailor64 Posted at 12-16 08:51
Yesterday I received my second order of Adventure Combo and disappointed to see that, like the first one I had, this camera is not in focus. I am not yet ready to try the direct approach of self-adjusting the lens. So I have again requested a return for refund.  FWIW the build date on this combo is same as last one...2022/9.  Am thinking would be better off to order the Standard Combo and perhaps get a more recent batch camera that is correctly focused but I really want the extra batteries and charger.  Guess I'll give it a few more months before trying again.

So even with the latest firmware you didn't get decent results?
2022-12-16
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

MarcoR Posted at 12-16 08:56
So even with the latest firmware you didn't get decent results?

That is correct.  I tried it prior to activating and then again after activating and updating the firmware.  Nowhere near as sharp as I have recently seen by some who have more recent batch versions of the camera.  Extremely disappointed and frustrated.  Thought by now I would have received a newer version of the Adventure Combo.  Well, as long as they are being fair with the return/refund process I will persevere.
2022-12-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Summary of soft foreground from support:

"Sorry to hear that, but this is actually a feature of our product and is not a problem. I hope you understand."
I still get questionnaires from them and I will fill them out and another day.....they are probably waiting for a positive evaluation, DJI sorry NO.
2022-12-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

StevoB Posted at 12-16 10:04

"Sorry to hear that, but this is actually a feature of our product and is not a problem. I hope you understand."

Is it Netherlands or Germany support?

2022-12-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They claimed it to be more ‘cinematic’ a few months back and then added digital sharpening!
2022-12-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

johansenfoto Posted at 12-16 10:32
Is it Netherlands or Germany support?

Germany support.
2022-12-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI is fast to respond on Twitter, that's where I got best support for my case and was lucky that my first camera I got back was made in November
2022-12-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

StevoB Posted at 12-13 23:01
Videos later. source

30cm

Just had a chance to download this file.  Your results vs MarcoR page one results vs H6.

2022-12-17
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skysailor64 Posted at 12-16 08:51
Yesterday I received my second order of Adventure Combo and disappointed to see that, like the first one I had, this camera is not in focus. I am not yet ready to try the direct approach of self-adjusting the lens. So I have again requested a return for refund.  FWIW the build date on this combo is same as last one...2022/9.  Am thinking would be better off to order the Standard Combo and perhaps get a more recent batch camera that is correctly focused but I really want the extra batteries and charger.  Guess I'll give it a few more months before trying again.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask if you've tried to update to the latest firmware to see if it helps? If not, you can also contact our support team through the link below and provide some sample footage and our team will help accordingly. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team for further confirmation. May I ask if the Osmo Action 3 issue is solved?
2022-12-17
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 19:44
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask if you've tried to update to the latest firmware to see if it helps? If not, you can also contact our support team through the link below and provide some sample footage and our team will help accordingly. http://www.dji.com/support

Firmware updated...same problem...combo returned for refund.
2022-12-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 20:14
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team for further confirmation. May I ask if the Osmo Action 3 issue is solved?

We can see how you read the forum. You have answers, evidence, and sources for everything here. Or you don't understand it at all, or you follow the template from your breadwinner, but it all looks very chaotic for us users. Again, the firmware won't rotate the lens to make people happy with the focus, maybe your technician in China named Lee Firmware. Every support from you Holland, Germany, ..... has a different excuse for the problem. If you could see my videos, I'm satisfied...and I don't have the last name Firmware.
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skysailor64 Posted at 12-17 21:13
Firmware updated...same problem...combo returned for refund.

We are sorry to know about this. Hope you get the refund soon. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StevoB Posted at 12-17 23:43
We can see how you read the forum. You have answers, evidence, and sources for everything here. Or you don't understand it at all, or you follow the template from your breadwinner, but it all looks very chaotic for us users. Again, the firmware won't rotate the lens to make people happy with the focus, maybe your technician in China named Lee Firmware. Every support from you Holland, Germany, ..... has a different excuse for the problem. If you could see my videos, I'm satisfied...and I don't have the last name Firmware.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience. We will confirm the support issue with the corresponding team. May I ask if you've updated the firmware to the latest version? Do you mean the focus issue still exists after you update to the latest firmware? If so, could you please provide us with some sample footage for a check?
2022-12-18
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 23:07
We apologize for the unpleasant experience. We will confirm the support issue with the corresponding team. May I ask if you've updated the firmware to the latest version? Do you mean the focus issue still exists after you update to the latest firmware? If so, could you please provide us with some sample footage for a check?

Misaligned lens can not be fixed by firmware.
2022-12-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My 2 still keep lovely focus. Just as an Action cam should
2022-12-19
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-19 02:06
My 2 still keep lovely focus. Just as an Action cam should

I suggest you write it in at least 5 more different threads in this forum
2022-12-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you are all enjoying your new Action Cams
2022-12-19
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 461985 ft
United States

Hello guys! I am proud owner of Action 3 from 4 days now! After I ordered it, I found out what problems it had. I never expected such a problem to be possible. I was hoping it would come with a fixed focus batch, but alas. I was quite disappointed, this is the most important thing in an action camera in this class. In their effort to fight Gopro to be released on the same date, they made a huge mistake... In Bulgaria, we have a saying about this - Fast work, shame on the craftsman.
That very evening after the camera was delivered I went ahead and adjusted the focus as described a few degrees anti-clockwise and I'm the happiest person Shame on DJI!
2022-12-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can’t get the nerve to do it!!
Thing is that it's a dead easy camera to use and has good colour. Just a tweak ........
2022-12-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-19 12:40
Glad you are all enjoying your new Action Cams

Yes, I’m having a great time with my Action 1, 2 and 3. It’s like a mini tv studio in here. ;)
2022-12-19
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-19 13:02
I can’t get the nerve to do it!!
Thing is that it's a dead easy camera to use and has good colour. Just a tweak ........

And I can't waste my time with customer service like other colleagues here. The camera is perfect in every way compared to its other competitors, and the choice was either to return it or fix it myself. The risk of scratching the lens is high, but quite often I have to fix things myself to make them work.
2022-12-19
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Rusev Posted at 12-19 13:14
And I can't waste my time with customer service like other colleagues here. The camera is perfect in every way compared to its other competitors, and the choice was either to return it or fix it myself. The risk of scratching the lens is high, but quite often I have to fix things myself to make them work.

Здравей, адвенчър комбо ли закупи или само камера ? Можеш ли да споделиш дата на производството ?
Аз вече купих две от България , и двете бяха с проблем и се възползвах от 14 дневния период за връщане. Сега чакам да се появят новите бройки произведени през ноември

in English:

Hi, did you buy the adventure combo or just the camera? Can you share the production date?
I already bought two from Bulgaria, both had a problem and I took advantage of the 14 day return period. Now I'm waiting for the new units produced in November to appear
2022-12-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am sure DJI have forwarded this information to the concerned department who quite rightly found that all was fine
2022-12-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-20 00:06
I am sure DJI have forwarded this information to the concerned department who quite rightly found that all was fine

I'm sure they know about the problem. Evidence galore...they themselves confirm that there is a focus problem in quite a few.

P.S. We all know you have two cameras and are happy with them
2022-12-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DIY we are. but like they say  if it ain't broke?   
2022-12-20
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

Kamen666 Posted at 12-20 00:03
Здравей, адвенчър комбо ли закупи или само камера ? Можеш ли да споделиш дата на производството ?
Аз вече купих две от България , и двете бяха с проблем и се възползвах от 14 дневния период за връщане. Сега чакам да се появят новите бройки произведени през ноември  

Здравей, да комбо закупих от официалния сайт dji.com не от българския, дойде до българия за 4-5 дни. Партидния номер е 22/09, очаквах да дойде от ноември, но искат да избутат дефектните явно.

in English:
Hello, yes, I bought the combo from the official dji.com website, not from the Bulgarian one, it came to Bulgaria in 4-5 days. The batch number is 22/09, I expected it to come from November, but they want to push out the defective ones clearly.
2022-12-20
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-20 04:37
DIY we are. but like they say  if it ain't broke?

Very often i`m DIY man.
2022-12-20
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Rusev Posted at 12-20 05:50
Very often i`m DIY man.

Welcome to the club ;)
2022-12-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Rusev Posted at 12-20 05:47
Здравей, да комбо закупих от официалния сайт dji.com не от българския, дойде до българия за 4-5 дни. Партидния номер е 22/09, очаквах да дойде от ноември, но искат да избутат дефектните явно.

in English:

Да вероятно гледат да си набутат старите дефектни бройки
За това аз лично предпочетох да поръчвам от тук, он-лайн, за да имам законовото право на връщане.

Yes, they are probably looking to push the old defective units
That's why I personally preferred to order from here, online, to have the legal right of return.
2022-12-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Rusev Posted at 12-20 05:50
Very often i`m DIY man.

Yep you betcha
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JustName Posted at 12-19 02:01
Misaligned lens can not be fixed by firmware.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. If the issue you encountered cannot be fixed by the firmware, you can contact our support team for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-12-29
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

I designed a simple3D printable accessory to perform the operation that Andreas shows in his video.
Would anyone who already has the lens group unlocked from glue and a 3D Printer like to try it?
With the DOA3 firmly secured this would allow you to perform the operation while perhaps looking at the result in realtime.
Internally it measures 14.2mm, the thickness of the ring is 1.2mm.
I added the M3 screw and nut tightener if you want to keep it firmly fixed during the tuning operation.

DOA3_Focus_Tool1.JPG
DOA3_Focus_Tool2.JPG
2023-1-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

MarcoR Posted at 1-14 05:22
I designed a simple3D printable accessory to perform the operation that Andreas shows in his video.
Would anyone who already has the lens group unlocked from glue and a 3D Printer like to try it?
With the DOA3 firmly secured this would allow you to perform the operation while perhaps looking at the result in realtime.

that is very helpful, did you test out to see if it works?
2023-1-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 1-14 05:22

Great. But it would be possible to set only the center, because the rest of the device is more than significantly in the angle of view, it would not be possible to see in real time whether and how the image is deformed in a wide FOV. The preparation should be the place of the black seal, so that it does not hinder the 155°. But for simple release, focusing
2023-1-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 1-14 06:42
Great. But it would be possible to set only the center, because the rest of the device is more than significantly in the angle of view, it would not be possible to see in real time whether and how the image is deformed in a wide FOV. The preparation should be the place of the black seal, so that it does not hinder the 155°. But for simple release, focusing

Miracles I can't do, someone tried two millennia ago and it didn't end well...
How much material is there in the exposed lens assembly that we can take?
I mean how high is the ring that can be incorporated?
2023-1-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 1-14 06:20
that is very helpful, did you test out to see if it works?

No because my current OA3 seems in focus even up close.
I was just asking if any of you could validate the instrument I designed.
2023-1-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 1-14 07:42
Miracles I can't do, someone tried two millennia ago and it didn't end well...
How much material is there in the exposed lens assembly that we can take?
I mean how high is the ring that can be incorporated?

I'm just writing how it is when you have to prove something to Mr. "increasingly better firmware", because no one has yet documented the whole thing, so he thinks that our better units after the intervention are better since the last firmware and that there was no intervention, that I made it up, now he's talking about his first theory about deterioration and not improvement..... classic DJI troll
2023-1-14
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 1-14 09:50
I'm just writing how it is when you have to prove something to Mr. "increasingly better firmware", because no one has yet documented the whole thing, so he thinks that our better units after the intervention are better since the last firmware and that there was no intervention, that I made it up, now he's talking about his first theory about deterioration and not improvement..... classic DJI troll

You know I joke with you because you are a person of spirit, intelligent and I can do it.
Those who assert that these cams were all calibrated with the same focal point are lying knowing they are lying, but as I have said a thousand times they will have their good reasons for lying, so I can understand them.
But that it really is so absolutely not.
And I have learned to give a damn about those who assert otherwise.
The latest unit in my hands seems to be doing well, tangibly better than the previous ones, and the firmware doesn't matter.
So I don't plan to act on the lens for now, which is why I was asking for those who already have the glue off to try my accessory.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules