46392 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-19 05:31
More bad information. DJI don’t repair units they replace with refurbished as new or new. Your faulty unit goes back to their china facility to be refurbished.
You should have just started an RMA first time you realised you had a problem you would have saved yourself a lot of unnecessary headaches. And this is what anyone with a problem should do.

Yes corrected, they do not repair it in any case, replace with refurbished or with a new one.
I just need it to work as it should.
In my "special" case a direct procedure has been activated, without RMA, but the standard step is that.
2022-10-19
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

New tries from today afternoon after fw update 01.01.05.40 (which seem good to me if i'm not fooling myself) :  

Video on youtube in order of:  1- Wide view 2-Standart view 3-Ultra Wide view  

what do you think , replace it ?

2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-19 07:10
New tries from today afternoon. I've shared original ones here after fw update 01.01.05.40 (which seem good to me if i'm not fooling myself) :  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LjViCXCMDL1wHx2aRfnUkghE1VJXo1iY?usp=sharing

Difficult to understand from the video.
It doesn't look bad, but your face always looks too unnatural.
It seems that we have all had a nice facelift, maybe it's for the best!
2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Note that this is a Windows stamp from Youtube.
Do you see that the face of the subject that is more detailed (GoPro HERO 10), do you see the pores of the skin, the wrinkles?
Try to get as close to the cam (not under 30cm) as he is and make a comparison.
Link to that video:

2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Interesting is the explanation I just privately received now from DJI support regarding this pseudo blur.
The summary for them is that the OA3 compared to GoPro is more prone to cinematic/film shooting, softer, more in line with their other products.

So why do Osmo Action 1 and 2 have a more detailed image? Aren't they their products?
At this point I replied:

Regarding the shooting philosophy of the OA3 compared to GoPro: interesting how much you write to me, why didn't you also report it in the specs?
Many users have noticed that placing a common glass lens for diopters in front of the OA3's lens results in a much more detailed image!
So the sensor can capture considerably more detailed images, so what do your lenses have in the OA3?
In my opinion I repeat, the lens system in OA3 is perhaps wrong, a different lens system would have been enough to have a noticeable more detail.
If with an additional lens the details increase considerably, it cannot be said that it was a design choice.

So I understand that for them what we are reporting falls within what they expect from their OA3, so all this post is useless.
Moral: I believe we should resign ourselves to these cinematic (?) results.
Will all those who complain of this pseudo-blur therefore have to put their soul in peace?
I don't think they will.
Alternative: a nice accessory to apply to the OA3 for more detailed images.
Whoever designs and releases it will make a lot of money, LOL!
So I'm 99.99% sure I'll get an OA3 as a replacement with exactly the same focus issue, they say wanted.
2022-10-19
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-19 07:44
Note that this is a Windows stamp from Youtube.
Do you see that the face of the subject that is more detailed (GoPro HERO 10), do you see the pores of the skin, the wrinkles?
Try to get as close to the cam (not under 30cm) as he is and make a comparison.

I'm confused about this video, is any of the footage from the OA3 in it or is he just showing examples of closer focus on other cameras?
2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

SenNel Posted at 10-19 08:30
I'm confused about this video, is any of the footage from the OA3 in it or is he just showing examples of closer focus on other cameras?

Try asking him in a comment, even for me he never shows OA3.
2022-10-19
Use props
MatijaS
lvl.1

Slovenia

Just did a little test.  It was a little dark and so the whole video is blurry.
OA3.jpg
2022-10-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-10-19
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

Dji Combo pack, production 2022/09 latest firmware installed

Looks like mine is also out of focus. I'll test better tomorrow in completely sun Daylight pictures.

Amazon buyer at least i can send it back without worries but come on DJI i don't want to go GoPro please!!!
2022-10-19
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

Well, but what about adding some sharpening in post?

I mean if the problem is that the A3 has very little sharpen video&image what about registering video in D-Cinelike and adding some sharpen in post? What about shooting pictures in RAW and adding a tiny bit of sharpen in post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XXLH5SlTSs&list=FLxzgd34xd0Y36wmip8xLJ0g&index=1&t=16s&ab_channel=ShutterSteve
2022-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-19 08:28
Interesting is the explanation I just privately received now from DJI support regarding this pseudo blur.
The summary for them is that the OA3 compared to GoPro is more prone to cinematic/film shooting, softer, more in line with their other products.

Maybe just actually just post the actual reply you received from dji, not a summation just a full copy of the actual reply.
2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-19 15:10
Maybe just actually just post the actual reply you received from dji, not a summation just a full copy of the actual reply.

I don't know how it works in Ireland, but here in Italy it is illegal to copy the contents of an email in full publicly, as even privately to others it is not contemplated in the original conversation.
Kind of like sharing a recorded phone call, it's illegal.
You can say vocally what someone told you on the phone or report by writing a summary of an email, that is, and that's what I did.
But I assure you that what is reported is the content of what they told me, I have no reason to lie.
Meanwhile my cam is on its way to Netherlands.
2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Astroita87 Posted at 10-19 13:26
Well, but what about adding some sharpening in post?

I mean if the problem is that the A3 has very little sharpen video&image what about registering video in D-Cinelike and adding some sharpen in post? What about shooting pictures in RAW and adding a tiny bit of sharpen in post?

Sure, it is possible in post production to pump sharpness and more but it is a digital artifact.
It has been amply demonstrated that it is not in focus by inserting a +4.0 diopter lens in front of the lens of the cam, the result is that the images are then really in focus and the result is necessarily better.
If you start from an image that is already in focus you can do whatever you want with it in post production, but if it is not out of focus you will never be able to make it as good as the other.
So personally I am not satisfied with a digital artifact.

Immagine.jpg
2022-10-19
Use props
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

TNQ Posted at 10-19 07:10
New tries from today afternoon after fw update 01.01.05.40 (which seem good to me if i'm not fooling myself) :  

Video on youtube in order of:  1- Wide view 2-Standart view 3-Ultra Wide view  

I picked up the GP11, but I'm thinking of returning it and giving the OA3 a go. Don't like the GP colors at all.
Your video looks sharp enough, and I'd be happy with that quality that you show.

The OA3 sounded so nice with a smart magnetic mount and better battery, especially in the cold, as I live in a colder climate. Not to mention more value for the money. Same price, but you get 3 batteries and a charging case as well.
2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Tottel Posted at 10-19 22:06
I picked up the GP11, but I'm thinking of returning it and giving the OA3 a go. Don't like the GP colors at all.
Your video looks sharp enough, and I'd be happy with that quality that you show.

With GoPro films with a "Flat" color profile, it is done on purpose to have the result you want in post production.
I agree with you about the colors in the "GoPro" color profile are too pumped up, but the "Flat" exists just to give you the possibility to play as you wish.
Similar to "D-Cinelike" of the OA3, but from what the experts say the GoPro Flat is better, it was better balanced as a starting point.
Here is my example with OA3.

2022-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-19 21:45
I don't know how it works in Ireland, but here in Italy it is illegal to copy the contents of an email in full publicly, as even privately to others it is not contemplated in the original conversation.
Kind of like sharing a recorded phone call, it's illegal.
You can say vocally what someone told you on the phone or report by writing a summary of an email, that is, and that's what I did.

Makes very little sense. Its ok to say what you like about any company , so long as you don’t  prove it in public.
When someone sends you a letter or email this is now your property, what you’re saying makes very little common sense.
2022-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tottel Posted at 10-19 22:06

I think if you look at the example below its pretty clear that A3 comes out very much on top. You can clearly see that true colour on the A3 is so much better and real. The colour profile on the go pro at best can just be called mushy orange. The complete over sharpening is almost comical and if you watch the first opening tests you can see in the clouds the go pro is clearly completely out of focus. Apart fro stabilizing footage the A3 comes out on top in most departments and if gyro comes to A3 this will make a big difference.

2022-10-19
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-19 23:33
Makes very little sense. Its ok to say what you like about any company , so long as you don’t  prove it in public.
When someone sends you a letter or email this is now your property, what you’re saying makes very little common sense.

I understand your purpose but believe me, it doesn't work with me, you waste time...
2022-10-19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

osmonauta Posted at 10-20 00:10
In other words, in Italy if someone sends you an email asking “Hey buddy, how are you?” and you publish that to a forum, now you have committed a crime? How come people still wanna live there?

Unfortunately my dear here it is.
It is a crime to share private conversations if there is no explicit consent from both parties involved.
So if DJI sends me an email authorizing me to post the conversation, I can do it safely.
The law: "the privacy legislation prohibits the dissemination of personal data of others. This means that anyone who spreads an e-mail from which elements of the subject's private life are involved in this crime".
According to which he is punished with imprisonment of up to one year or with a fine from 30 to 516 euros "whoever becomes aware of the content of a closed correspondence".
On the other hand, doing what I have done is absolutely different, that is to report "the summary of a concept" even expressed privately, this is permissible.
2022-10-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Another example between OA1 and OA3 . I did not mention which is which , i wonder if you can bet and find

Another shot example but i think it's really easy to find which is OA3 and other is OA1 .

2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-19 23:44
I understand your purpose but believe me, it doesn't work with me, you waste time...

As they would say in the UK poppycock…..complete bluster..
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

MarcoR Posted at 10-19 21:55
Sure, it is possible in post production to pump sharpness and more but it is a digital artifact.
It has been amply demonstrated that it is not in focus by inserting a +4.0 diopter lens in front of the lens of the cam, the result is that the images are then really in focus and the result is necessarily better.
If you start from an image that is already in focus you can do whatever you want with it in post production, but if it is not out of focus you will never be able to make it as good as the other.

Spot on, and the bad takes you really need to look better in post, must be really bad now. Glad i did not buy this. I ordered it, and cancel. So happy, not happy. we wait on oa4 now lol
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 10-19 23:44
I think if you look at the example below its pretty clear that A3 comes out very much on top. You can clearly see that true colour on the A3 is so much better and real. The colour profile on the go pro at best can just be called mushy orange. The complete over sharpening is almost comical and if you watch the first opening tests you can see in the clouds the go pro is clearly completely out of focus. Apart fro stabilizing footage the A3 comes out on top in most departments and if gyro comes to A3 this will make a big difference.

https://youtu.be/mVf1rYCDQaA

Don't pick up oa3.
I have oa1 and a mavic mini drone, and the colors in Normal looks naturel, and can be used in post without any lut or correction. I have some garmin cams, i offend need to correct them in post. oa3 is out of focus, and after update trying to fix it, there dij colorprofile got lost. Looks bad. useless. They may fix it. But there blurry they can't.
I never liked gopro, just been so ...ty up til gopro 10. Now they look like the only standing cam. Rest have fallen to Lego and nanny cam.
I never liked gopro colors, but the flat 10bit now, looks waw. a lut on and boom. Jackpot.
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

TNQ Posted at 10-20 01:07
Another example between OA1 and OA3 . I did not mention which is which , i wonder if you can bet and find

[view_image]

easy top is oa3
2022-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

SenNel Posted at 10-19 08:30
I'm confused about this video, is any of the footage from the OA3 in it or is he just showing examples of closer focus on other cameras?

He talk about that OA3 have focus issues and show that his Action 2, gopro etc. is sharp.

2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

You know, it is useless to show evidence that even an inept person could grasp, here there are enlightened ones who do not grasp them...
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 01:15
As they would say in the UK poppycock…..complete bluster..

See dear, looking at the array of products that you have registered on your profile there are three alternatives: either you are an official DJI beta tester, you are a reseller or someone who works right inside DJI.
So it makes sense that DJI is always the top for you, even if we prove otherwise!
The stones also understood that DJI is fine for you regardless.
So I don't blame you, I would do exactly the same.... or maybe not?
That's why I give your comments zero weight!
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

For the first comparison pictures ; top one is OA1

In second comparison pics ; top one is OA3
And here to see in video modes of comparison for both cams:

2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 02:30
See dear, looking at the array of products that you have registered on your profile there are three alternatives: either you are an official DJI beta tester, you are a reseller or someone who works right inside DJI.
So it makes sense that DJI is always the top for you, even if we prove otherwise!
The stones also understood that DJI is fine for you regardless.

Again hiding behind bluster, I think they call it all mouth no trousers
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 10-20 01:48
Don't pick up oa3.
I have oa1 and a mavic mini drone, and the colors in Normal looks naturel, and can be used in post without any lut or correction. I have some garmin cams, i offend need to correct them in post. oa3 is out of focus, and after update trying to fix it, there dij colorprofile got lost. Looks bad. useless. They may fix it. But there blurry they can't.
I never liked gopro, just been so ...ty up til gopro 10. Now they look like the only standing cam. Rest have fallen to Lego and nanny cam.

Again nobody is disputing anything about your cameras focus. And if you bothered to actually read the comments you would realize that. Unfortunately your friends out of focus test show that his camera is so out of focus that a blind man could see it go take a look at a real world video above and see which camera is actually out of focus . Just look at opening scenes and take note of the clouds.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 03:06
Again hiding behind bluster, I think they call it all mouth no trousers

Aahhh since prevarication I hit the mark, look how strange huh?
Let's go back to the topic, which is more interesting than your biased pearls.
Thanks TNQ for your latest tests.
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 03:11
Aahhh since prevarication I hit the mark, look how strange huh?
Let's go back to the topic, which is more interesting than your biased pearls.
Thanks TNQ for your latest tests.

I think my unit seem ok if i'm not mistaken.  Also i agree with your previous comment that when it comes to human face it's like applying a beauty filter which is good for us getting older

2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-20 03:19
I think my unit seem ok if i'm not mistaken.  Also i agree with your previous comment that when it comes to human face it's like applying a beauty filter which is good for us getting older

I believe that each of us has his own yardstick at this point.
I see a BIG difference, and it's not just about sharpness parameters.
Maybe putting them side by side can you see better?
At my home this is called "out of focus", if in your home it is called "seem ok" I take note.

2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 03:29
I believe that each of us has his own yardstick at this point.
I see a BIG difference, and it's not just about sharpness parameters.
Maybe putting them side by side can you see better?

What i saw is when it is in photo mode it's not that good and blurry comparing to OA1 i have atm.

When it shoots video (as in video i recently uploaded)  there is not much difference ... ?

I'm not claiming it's totally good and focused , i'm really asking your opinion that i find important as a pro more than me.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

TNQ Posted at 10-20 03:41
What i saw is when it is in photo mode it's not that good and blurry comparing to OA1 i have atm.

When it shoots video (as in video i recently uploaded)  there is not much difference ... ?

No, I'm not a professional, absolutely!
I am a poor incompetent who wears glasses, and when I go to the ophthalmologist and he tests me with the various lenses he puts one that gives me the result on the right believe me that I do not tell him that it is okay but that I do not see anything from far, that the writings are not in focus.
Then he changes them until I get a result like the one on the left.
Here, however, there are those who are willing to have a pair of glasses made that give the result on the right.
I would never wear them.
So at OA3 they got the glasses wrong, and if DJi says that it is the result they wanted, believe me, I change the eye doctor.
I hope the concept is clear.

27702_14_UnterschiedlicheMessergebnisse.jpg
2022-10-20
Use props
djiuser_rDICYpD1xPJ5
lvl.1

Greece

I don't see solution. It is clearly a matter of hardware. Tomorrow I will ask for refund…
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_rDICYpD1xPJ5 Posted at 10-20 03:56
I don't see solution. It is clearly a matter of hardware. Tomorrow I will ask for refund…

Attention! This blur effect can also be obtained via software from a perfectly focused image, but DJI with the new firmware has already pumped the sharpness to the maximum syndicable, the problem is that a blurred source cannot be sharpened, the result will still be bad!
So he showed us that the problem is absolutely hardware, it doesn't matter that he admits it, a minimum of reasonableness is enough to see it.
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules