I love the haters!

Yup like flour mixed with eggs very over rated
2022-10-20
Use props
Diceman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49528 ft
United States

I just got mine yesterday and printed up that test paper and took some photos, and mine is about the same as everyone elses.  My batch was september.  Not sure if I should return it and wait for dji to fix the issue, or return it and get the gopro hero 11.  What I like the most about the action 3 is I set it up recording at 4k 60fps in a 72 degree room with no air flow and it recorded over an hour until the battery went dead.  I heard the hero 11 overheats....

Here is a link to the photos I took at 12 and 16 inches (about 30 and 40cm).  I took some more outside and in raw format as well, but they look the same as these 2 jpgs from inside,
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 2GaN71k?usp=sharing
2022-10-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 07:46
Some people are simply way to particular and never satisfied.

Further Action cams  are not for close in stuff. You ponce about winging about the quality and completely miss the point of what a device like this is for. I doubt if you even know to be honest.

---Deleted---
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 09:31
Yup like flour mixed with eggs very over rated

You are great, professional haters.
Sentence denigrating the theses of others and the beauty is that you do it all without having the OA3, and without even putting your face in your profile, you are adore!
But that's fine, keep commenting useless things, in this way this remains the OA3 trend topic, go!
2022-10-20
Use props
SenNel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-20 09:55
Makes you wonder why there’s a front screen then. If it isn’t for close stuff, what a waste of a screen.

Ding ding ding!

If the specs said that the minimum focus distance was 5 ft, then fine, it is what it is. But the camera is being sold stating that you can get a focused image at 30cm and that is just not true.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Diceman Posted at 10-20 09:36
I just got mine yesterday and printed up that test paper and took some photos, and mine is about the same as everyone elses.  My batch was september.  Not sure if I should return it and wait for dji to fix the issue, or return it and get the gopro hero 11.  What I like the most about the action 3 is I set it up recording at 4k 60fps in a 72 degree room with no air flow and it recorded over an hour until the battery went dead.  I heard the hero 11 overheats....

Here is a link to the photos I took at 12 and 16 inches (about 30 and 40cm).  I took some more outside and in raw format as well, but they look the same as these 2 jpgs from inside,

It is a great action camera, never said the opposite, even if it lacks the gyro data in the recorded video, the 10-bit and this little bad focus thing.
2022-10-20
Use props
Diceman
lvl.2
United States

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 10:37
It is a great action camera, never said the opposite, even if it lacks the gyro data in the recorded video, the 10-bit and this little bad focus thing.

I love everything about it, except the dealbreaking focus issue.  If it was in focus I'd be an extremely satisfied customer
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Diceman Posted at 10-20 09:36

Test looks pretty good, zoomed in to 250% it just gets pixelated which is normal, I’m really liking mine , video is exceptional colours in normal mode are really great, go pro 11 is so over sharpened its like watching the lego movie ;+)
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SenNel Posted at 10-20 10:33
Ding ding ding!

If the specs said that the minimum focus distance was 5 ft, then fine, it is what it is. But the camera is being sold stating that you can get a focused image at 30cm and that is just not true.

Im sure there is a tolerance built in. I mean your car is probably advertised to get 65MPG but who ever gets that , and we have never seen a recall of cars because its difficult for them to measure up to advertising;+)
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 09:58
Sentence denigrating the theses of others and the beauty is that you do it all without having the OA3, and without even putting your face in your profile, you are adore!
But that's fine, keep commenting useless things, in this way this remains the OA3 trend topic, go!

He has an OA3 we know this and” Avatar”  well an icon or figure representing a particular person , I think he has that well covered also. Why the need to get personal all the time, are opinions not allowed on this forum.
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 09:58

So what do you think an action camera is for.

By the way I don’t get the whole hater thing I like mine it is you who is winging on
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-20 09:55
Makes you wonder why there’s a front screen then. If it isn’t for close stuff, what a waste of a screen.

Action cams are never for close stuff that is what they are never about they are about well Action not super quality. There are big heavy Impractical  very expensive cameras for that
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 12:34
Test looks pretty good, zoomed in to 250% it just gets pixelated which is normal, I’m really liking mine , video is exceptional colours in normal mode are really great, go pro 11 is so over sharpened its like watching the lego movie ;+)

Yup I am likening mine also. My poll is not with us at the moment though. Mind you it is generally wingers that frequent these forums.

2022-10-20
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's simply a matter of super close focus at 30cm being off.  At least not on mine.  For me, the focus seems a bit soft at all distances.  Even at 10-12 feet from the camera a +4 diopter makes a noticeable difference in clarity.  But I only just got the diopter filters this evening.  I'll do more testing outside at longer distances when I get a chance to actually go outside during daylight, lol.  Probably this weekend.
2022-10-20
Use props
Diceman
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 12:34

In comparing the test shots I linked with my phone camera and gopro 9,10,11 shots online done in the same manner, its obvious its out of focus.
2022-10-20
Use props
Diceman
lvl.2
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 13:12
Yup I am likening mine also. My poll is not with us at the moment though. Mind you it is generally wingers that frequent these forums.

Have you run the tests on yours and compared it to a regular phone camera and gopros?  Mine I linked above I did, and it just isnt in focus.  You may not care, but I do.  I like everything else about it though, I am returning mine tomorrow and hoping they fix the issue in the next batch.
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 13:05
So what do you think an action camera is for.

By the way I don’t get the whole hater thing I like mine it is you who is winging on

To many things, for example to shoot vloggers in focus?
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Diceman Posted at 10-20 17:22
In comparing the test shots I linked with my phone camera and gopro 9,10,11 shots online done in the same manner, its obvious its out of focus.

Imho we cannot compare the smartphone cameras with those of the action cameras, since one has an electronic focusing system, the other does not.
According to industry experts the lens group is usually outsourced, maybe in this case DJI produced them.
The lenses are almost always made of plastic, glass is hardly used.
During the prototyping phase constant tests are carried out to find the right compromise between the chosen lenses and the sensor, which according to lens manufacturers is always less performing than optics.
It is not an empirical process but tremendously sophisticated.
Once the objective has been achieved we go into final prototyping, if all goes well then it goes into production.
Given the dimensions involved, making a small mistake in the lens production process is absolutely plausible, and when no motorization has been designed in that group it is then impossible to have an optimal focus even in full sensor shooting.
When it comes to ultra-wide FOV the tolerances are even smaller.
From what DJI told me his action camera has no focus defects but it fits in with what they had chosen.
We are not here to discuss whether this is true or false, personally I believe that in a production process something has gone wrong, perhaps in outsourcing, because what my eyes see is not an acceptable result from a leading company like DJI.
I opened this post in this spirit, not to denigrate DJI but to publicly say that as far as I'm concerned that is not the result I would have expected, and to try to understand if it was just my paranoia.
After having had proof that so many others have highlighted this problem, I believe it is not group hysteria.
The Earth is not flat, but the OA3 is out of focus.
Everyone is free to think as they want, but that's the way it is for me.
Anyone who thinks otherwise I read it with great interest if you provide me with tangible proofs that I am taking a mistake.
At the moment I have only read words, I have not seen tests done by those who claim that I am wrong.
No one has provided tangible evidence that anyone who believes is out of focus is wrong.
I'm still waiting for this proof, without being words will remain in the wind.
I remember in the past when we reported a problem to the flight control "DJI Wookong-M", it would randomly flip and crash the copters.
Initially we looked like crazy, then DJI admitted the mistake: a GPS connector with a false contact, manufacturing defect.
We are human, everyone can make mistakes, me, you and even DJI.
The important thing is that all this leads to improvements.
Peace and love.

The lens group of a smartphone, sliced

The lens group of a smartphone, sliced
2022-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 21:27
Imho we cannot compare the smartphone cameras with those of the action cameras, since one has an electronic focusing system, the other does not.
According to industry experts the lens group is usually outsourced, maybe in this case DJI produced them.
The lenses are almost always made of plastic, glass is hardly used.

Iinitially we looked like crazy, then DJI admitted the mistake: a GPS connector with a false contact, manufacturing defect.

So dji have admitted a manufacturing defect. Please show us this admission.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 01:46
Iinitially we looked like crazy, then DJI admitted the mistake: a GPS connector with a false contact, manufacturing defect.

Hi funny guy, did you sleep well tonight?
Have a nice day!
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 02:05
Hi funny guy, did you sleep well tonight?
Have a nice day!

You just posted that dji admitted they have a manufacturing defect. So show us the proof of this. Or have you just made that up…
And how can anyone know if they slept "well tonight"
2022-10-21
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 03:14
You just posted that dji admitted they have a manufacturing defect. So show us the proof of this. Or have you just made that up…
And how can anyone know if they slept "well tonight"

I think he's referring to this response from DJI, which has been posted around the forum quite a bit:

Our engineers are aware of the issue, please be advised that it is found that this problem is caused by the large internal parameters of some cameras. In response to this problem, you can provide our technical support with your SN and DJI account, original photos, and videos through Chat, email, and other channels, and we will help you to solve this problem asap.
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BigTB Posted at 10-21 03:23
I think he's referring to this response from DJI, which has been posted around the forum quite a bit:

Our engineers are aware of the issue, please be advised that it is found that this problem is caused by the large internal parameters of some cameras. In response to this problem, you can provide our technical support with your SN and DJI account, original photos, and videos through Chat, email, and other channels, and we will help you to solve this problem asap.

Well then he’s making an ass out of himself. I have contacted support regarding this notice. And basically this is just a walk through exercise they are asking customers with problems to carry out.
1/ factory reset
2/ update to newest FW
3/ calibrate Horizon

They are not openly admitting they have a manufacturing defect. “If they were I would be shipping mine back” you cannot fix a manufacturing defect through FW/SW fix.

If 123 above does not work my belief is that they will offer a new device.
I’m just amazed that this guy who obviously has a problem is going out of his way to try create other problems simply out of thin air.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 03:39
Well then he’s making an ass out of himself. I have contacted support regarding this notice. And basically this is just a walk through exercise they are asking customers with problems to carry out.
1/ factory reset
2/ update to newest FW

Ahhh then yes, you slept well tonight, you are very productive today, nice!
I no longer speak seriously with those who only try to denigrate the other.
Post some videos made with your OA3, you would be more productive, constructive.
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 03:45
Ahhh then yes, you slept well tonight, you are very productive today, nice!
I no longer speak seriously with those who only try to denigrate the other.
Post some videos made with your OA3, you would be more productive, constructive.

Neither videos nor photos render correctly to this website, all videos renders at less than 720p and photos render at less than 10% of their actual file. So nothing posted on this website including the ridiculous photos and videos you posted are what they are.
But I think you have tried to create ridiculous conspiracies without any proof lied and tried to fool others. About a problem that is fixable.
You know you seem to put yourself out there as knowing the problem here is a manufacturing problem. Yet you kept a product for this length “knowing” it had a manufacturing defect when your consumer rights will tell you you are entitled to a refund. Its difficult to know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you. But one thing is clear , You have posted much that is completely not true made up BS and your happy to do it.

Posting videos and photos on this forum is no problem for me I have posted many https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277271. But not to be judged on quality on a very low quality access website. That just makes no sense .
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Sure, actually I work for GoPro, they assigned me the job of coming here and creating weeds.
DJI received my OA3 today and will replace it within 5 business days, great service.
I will update you on the replacement product when it arrives.
I remain confident.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 04:05
Neither videos nor photos render correctly to this website, all videos renders at less than 720p and photos render at less than 10% of their actual file. So nothing posted on this website including the ridiculous photos and videos you posted are what they are.
But I think you have tried to create ridiculous conspiracies without any proof lied and tried to fool others. About a problem that is fixable.
You know you seem to put yourself out there as knowing the problem here is a manufacturing problem. Yet you kept a product for this length “knowing” it had a manufacturing defect when your consumer rights will tell you you are entitled to a refund. Its difficult to know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you. But one thing is clear , You have posted much that is completely not true made up BS and your happy to do it.

On this I must agree with you.
In fact, in my opening post I inserted a link to download the sources of my photos, how both the cameras took them.
2022-10-21
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 04:13
Sure, actually I work for GoPro, they assigned me the job of coming here and creating weeds.
DJI received my OA3 today and will replace it within 5 business days, great service.
I will update you on the replacement product when it arrives.

Hey Marco! Please let us updated when you receive your camera from Dji Service!
i'm curios to know what they did, if they replaced the lense, if they replaced the all camera with a new one ( maybe with same problem ) or something else.

I'm still on the fence on what to do, luckily with amazon i still have 25days for give it back
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Astroita87 Posted at 10-21 06:54
i'm curios to know what they did, if they replaced the lense, if they replaced the all camera with a new one ( maybe with same problem ) or something else.

Sure mate, don't worry!
As soon as I get it I'll do exactly the same tests again.
The DJI center in the Netherlands received my cam today at lunchtime, and I am amazed: I have now received an email that they have already sent me the replaced cam, super fast as rockets!
They have already left me the tracking and they also left me the new serial, impeccable service.
They had announced 5 days of work to evaluate the problem, but it was 5 hours!
On this thumbs up for DJI.
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Astroita87 Posted at 10-21 06:54
i'm curios to know what they did, if they replaced the lense, if they replaced the all camera with a new one ( maybe with same problem ) or something else.

As was said earlier on this thread. Dji don’t repair returned cameras drones etc, they replace them with refurbished as new or new cameras. This is also stipulated in your warranty. All faulty camera units are then returned to china to be refurbished. A process also adopted by many tech companies including apple.
2022-10-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Excellent examples of how to test for minimum focus distance in video and also general wide focus for video and excellent facial features as well
2022-10-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 09:11
Yup same problem cos there is no problem  I suspect you are another person afflicted with OCD there are a lot of those one here no grasp of real life, searching for perfection and not realising it is them that are flawed

I have to ask, why do you come here on OA3 forum with all your hate and aggressive comments that you comment about all posts? I know you come from drone part of forum where this behaviour is normal, but among other people (normal people) this is just childish behaviour starting to make fun of other and even complain about how people write english for native and non native english speakers.
You even target dyslectic writings, you probably never heard about not all people write proper grammar etc. Maybe you should educate yourself?

I know you are an elder man that most of us here, but here on this forum we are all friendly with each others.

So please from now on, start acting your age and not like child!
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

johansenfoto Posted at 10-21 08:57
I have to ask, why do you come here on OA3 forum with all your hate and aggressive comments that you comment about all posts? I know you come from drone part of forum where this behaviour is normal, but among other people (normal people) this is just childish behaviour starting to make fun of other and even complain about how people write english for native and non native english speakers.
You even target dyslectic writings, you probably never heard about not all people write proper grammar etc. Maybe you should educate yourself?

Really, I like the critics very much, I'm very honest, without them the world would be terribly boring.
It is right that they attack you even without sense, thinking of finding someone on the other side who counterattacks to increase his ego.
But since you do not respond to the provocations then they open a poll to get revenge, only to discover that they are wrong there too.
They also look at the grammar and correct you on that too, they are professors.
You expose a problem that you think have detected by your new OA3 and they do not waste time and impose their will on you by denigrating your opinion, in this way they immediately mark the territory making you understand that they know everything and you know nothing.
I don't know what those people are called in your country, here in Italy it is better not to write it here.
Come back on topic: my new cam is traveling, I will update us on the tests when it arrives.
I am confident but also quite certain that it will work as well as the other, although I do not hope so.
DJI, please amaze me! I am honored that you have commented on one of my videos, you have taken my case to heart and I hope you will also do so with others.
What we want is to be satisfied with your product.
2022-10-21
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 07:08
Sure mate, don't worry!
As soon as I get it I'll do exactly the same tests again.
The DJI center in the Netherlands received my cam today at lunchtime, and I am amazed: I have now received an email that they have already sent me the replaced cam, super fast as rockets!

WOW! Amazing support team from Dji! Finger crossed for you and for all of us as well!
2022-10-21
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

This is my last record for my yt channel with my bike and only it was at 2.7k/30fps. All was set to Auto and Wide view. I would like to keep my unit though. What's your opinion in general ?

2022-10-21
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

TNQ Posted at 10-21 14:05
This is my last record for my yt channel with my bike and only it was at 2.7k/30fps. All was set to Auto and Wide view. I would like to keep my unit though. What's your opinion in general ?

It should be about your opinion, not what others think. Are you happy with the image/video that you get?

A focused (or better calibrated) lens can give you more detail/sharpness in the image, but I think you get plenty because of the settings you use. You already shoot in Wide without dewarping. Compared to 4k, 2.7k is closer to the actual amount of information/detail a 12MP sensor can capture. If you shoot in good light and keep the shutter speed fast, you won't get blur due to stabilization.

Edit: Maybe wait until MarcoR gets the replacement camera and see what difference does it make comared to his first one?
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Congratulations on the video, very nice!
I put my hands forward: maybe it will continue to be my paranoia, but my eyes and the photo editing software I use see you more blurry than the woman passing by on the electric scooter, and the car is the most in focus subject.
Then as they rightly said if it is a result that you like as you have rightly said it should be the one to tell you if this cam is ok for you.
It does a little de-age effect, in fact it could almost seem like a wanted thing.
The second image has been slightly improved in post production and the third shows the differences on the car.
Obviously it is an empirical operation since the image comes from your video already compressed on Youtube.
But this at least for my opinion shows that in the distance it is much more in focus.
As you can see the car in the background is more detailed, while your face has not changed.
If you ask an objective opinion from a professional photographer I think he will tell you "you are not in focus, the subjects in the background are more", they call it "front/back focus problem".
Ops: i just now noticed that an OA3 has reappeared  in my profile...

Edited.jpg
car.jpg
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

In all likelihood your OA3s have a serial starting with "5S4DK8", please could you give me only your first letter after "8", and even if the kit is standard or the combo?
I already have the serial of the replacement OA3 and would like to check if the next letter identifies it as actually a much newer production batch.
Yours should have an R or an S, thanks.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

And this is the best that I have always managed to get starting from that cutout, so with very few details.
As you can see, your beard hair starts to appear, but it is unthinkable to do this processing on an entire movie.
It is also noted that the result is almost unnatural, the trees on the left have been destroyed in detail.

2022-10-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 21:20
In all likelihood your OA3s have a serial starting with "5S4DK8", please could you give me only your first letter after "8", and even if the kit is standard or the combo?
I already have the serial of the replacement OA3 and would like to check if the next letter identifies it as actually a much newer production batch.
Yours should have an R or an S, thanks.

Hi. Do you think DJI already solves the "optics" repair process? So fast? I only return mine on Monday and I don't have big eyes. I guess I should have asked for a refund and waited for it to be fixed....(OA4?) I have H behind 8....
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules