Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI,
I was hoping DJI would consider some more "Pro" options for the DJI Mimo App.

When I had my OM4 I primarily used the Moment app due to it having additional features such as raw, shutter and aperture controls, and audio settings for Photography for Video.
The OM4 was natively supported with a zoom button able to be customised to control other functions.

I would love to see the following added to the DJI Mimo App:

- shutter speed and aperture value control
- enhanced sound levels info, especial since there is a Osmo Mobile 6 and DJI Mic bundle
- Raw photo and video support

Looking forward to enhancements to the MIMO app!

2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_wWmc5dPEsZWH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 982339 ft
United States

Second the raw photo support. Was really disappointed with no photo format control
2022-10-28
Use props
JAN R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841286 ft
Germany

Hi there, I have already asked for better video-codecs, but got more or less a disappointing answer. For me it's unclear for what a 33Mbit/s 4K should be for. and if you select Dolby-Vision, than you have 25Mbit/s.
blocking, blaring, artefacts everywhere. those pictures are directly from a mimo-recording, no additional transcode.
2022-10-31
Use props
JAN R
lvl.1
Germany

JAN R Posted at 10-31 23:25
Hi there, I have already asked for better video-codecs, but got more or less a disappointing answer. For me it's unclear for what a 33Mbit/s 4K should be for. and if you select Dolby-Vision, than you have 25Mbit/s.
blocking, blaring, artefacts everywhere. those pictures are directly from a mimo-recording, no additional transcode. [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

imagine it's a iPhone 14pro, so it has capabilities to do it way better!
2022-10-31
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

JAN R Posted at 10-31 23:25
imagine it's a iPhone 14pro, so it has capabilities to do it way better!

I have filmic pro, and it has basic support for the Osmo and that app gives you full control over every aspect of the camera.  I can't do active track and zoom, just record.  Hoping for an update that would bring full support.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

A1C Posted at 11-1 17:57
I have filmic pro, and it has basic support for the Osmo and that app gives you full control over every aspect of the camera.  I can't do active track and zoom, just record.  Hoping for an update that would bring full support.

Hi there A1C. Thank you for giving out these information. This information will also be forwarded to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-11-1
Use props
cbyrt
New
Flight distance : 81201 ft
Australia

I do like the easiness of the dji OM6. But yes would love to see the implementation of the aperture control in manual settings on the Mimo app
2022-11-3
Use props
JAN R
lvl.1
Germany

A1C Posted at 11-1 17:57

Hi A1C, thank you for your advice, I do have filmic for years now. But it do not have active-track, because DJI does not release an SDK for that. Sadly, because this I one of the features I bought the OM6 for.
But in the Memo-App you can't use the video due to the low data-rates. You can see in the forum that users bag for the active-track SDK for years (since the OM3) and nothing happened besides those kind words: "Thank you, I'll give this to our developers" or "Thank you for the reply and for your valued insights with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy filming always."
So I was thinking, that DJI must have at least a bit of interest in the fact, that the Mimo app is video-vise real trash.
Well, id do not expect Filmic-features. No, but even the original apple-cam does it way better. And I think this might be very easy to implement, because there must be SDK from Apple to do so.

But well, it's a toy, it maybe it will stay only that. I do have big pro gimbals (DJs and Freely) and don't want the OM to be the same. But we are currently shooting a long documentary with kids at different ages and the OM6+iphone should be an easy tool, which we can give them, to film themselves. And yes, mimo, would be an easy thing to operate, but the quality is not usable for bigger screens. That's the reason, why I'm interested in the better, usable video quality.
Thank you.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules