RC controller location is sometimes green and sometimes blue, why?
1966 6 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
I have the RC controller, once the RC has GPS (much slower than the drone), the location is shown as a dot, when I move the dot moves.

But why does it sometimes go from blue to green?

Thanks
Mart
2022-10-15
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

I had the same experience a few months ago. I wrote a blog post titled "Compass went berserk again" describing a problem I faced in one of the flights. The implications of that problem was the RC could not figure out where the drone is relating to its own location, and the comapss dial kept jumping all over the place (link). At the time, I thought the problem is a compass malfunction, but as Mobilehomer explained in his reply to my post: it was a problem of the RC not aqcuiting GPS lock. I had that problem again not too long ago, but having experienced this issue before I was ready this time (link).

Having experiencing this issue twice, and reading your post, it makes me think: Dji gives us a clear indication of how many GPS satellites the drone is locked on. I would be happy to see the same indication for how many GPS satellites the RC is locked on.

2022-10-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

Green dot+arrow = RC point towards the drone.

Just try to rotate the RC left or right from the drone and see the colour changes

cheers
JJB
2022-10-15
Use props
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-15 03:34
Hi

Green dot+arrow = RC point towards the drone.

Got it, thanks.
2022-10-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, when it turns green its means its alignment with the RC and AC are good, but it does not mean its perfect.

Stand in the garden or when your out next, move the drone about 40ft away, does not have to be in the air, turn on both, and whilst you're at that distance away from the drone but standing facing it 100%, see where the RC arrow is pointing?

Is it pointing 100% at the drone?

Whilst slightly turning one way or the other, does it stay green longer one way or the other?
If so then the compass in the RC is slightly out and needs calibrating.

2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the information below with regard to your concern. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Using the aircraft as the center

The remote controller icon turns green.
The remote controller orients at the aircraft, and the small dot turns green. At this point, the signal is the strongest.

The aircraft icon turns gray.
The aircraft has no GPS signals, or the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller.

The remote controller icon turns gray or disappears.
The mobile device has no GPS signals

Using the aircraft as the center

The remote controller icon turns green.
The remote controller orients at the aircraft, and the small dot turns green. At this point, the signal is the strongest.

The aircraft icon turns gray.
The aircraft has no GPS signals, or the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller.

The remote controller icon disappears, and the Home Point is at the center.
The mobile device has no GPS signals, but the Home Point is recorded.

The remote controller icon turns gray, and Home Point and aircraft icons disappear. The mobile device has no GPS signals, and the Home Point is not recorded.
2022-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found that going back to the Home Screen and then pressing go fly can make the controller realise it had a gps lock quicker.  
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules