5302 18 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Here is my DJI Avata battery hack which saved me tons of money.

For less than Fly More kit I have got myself a power station which gives me +10 DJI Avata charges! And it does 60W quick charge too.

It could even plug 2 Avata chargers at once but I did not find replacement Avata chargers for sale. Only fly more kit, which I had and did not like, since it does charge only one battery at a time.

2022-10-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your thread title is very deceiving, as this is not a battery "hack." Also, be very very careful using your power station as a passthrough charging system as it can be very hard on your stations batteries. I've been using Jackery solar power stations for a few years now and would NEVER charge anything while the stations are charging.
2022-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Exactly my thinking...   
2022-10-15
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-15 07:49
Your thread title is very deceiving, as this is not a battery "hack." Also, be very very careful using your power station as a passthrough charging system as it can be very hard on your stations batteries. I've been using Jackery solar power stations for a few years now and would NEVER charge anything while the stations are charging.

There is no 'passthrough' on batteries inside this power station. Input voltage actually reduces load on cells, as less energy is drawn from cells to meet higher output. Though you are correct that charging cells while those are being heated by the AC inverter would be a very bad idea. And this is why most Chinese power stations disable output while being charged.

Though this Yose Power station has German certification and it's very well designed with separate cooling for cells and output inverter. So it does not even get warm while doing 200 Watts output charging all batteries like in the video and getting 60W solar input. It actually even slightly outperforms it's stated specs according to my external power meter.
2022-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-10-15
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I thought he had modified the batteries...
2022-10-15
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

How is this a hack?
2022-10-15
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

LOL. What was the purpose of showing the CHNL battery in the Avata at the beginning? That would be a battery hack - what the video shows is a **charging solution** for the stock DJI Avata battery.
2022-10-15
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Sorry but the only hack I see is your title and title photo (CLICK BAIT)  there is no "hack" just a remote charging solution, but what bothers the most is that yellow after market battery placed on Avata, plain lying garbage. You want clicks? be honest about your content
2022-10-15
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

This is a youtube, what other thumbnail would you expect..?
Youtube promotes these type of thumbnails with double click through rate compared to if I would just put Power station with some batteries.

This is a hack, because DJI would like you to buy fly more combos, if you want to get several flights.. but for less than a fly more combo you can get a power station with 10x DJI batteries worth of charge. And this is huge for anyone who does not use a power station to save on extra DJI batteries.
2022-10-15
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Dude, it's not a hack. It's just a simple solution everyone can do. No expertise or technical skills needed.
Clickbait nonsense.
2022-10-16
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

Originalas Posted at 10-15 23:58
This is a youtube, what other thumbnail would you expect..?  
Youtube promotes these type of thumbnails with double click through rate compared to if I would just put Power station with some batteries.

I would expect a thumbnail that did NOT have a CHNL battery stuffed into an Avata. That was intentionally misleading. Odd you didn't have a thumbnail with a picture of the power station since that was your supposed "hack."

By putting in a thumbnail of a CHNL LIPO stuffed into an Avata you made a casual YouTuber assume that LIPOs other that the stock DJI battey could be used by the Avata. That is deceptive - and what is by definition referred to as CLICKBAIT.

2022-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice charging solution.    
2022-10-16
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Killerbee Posted at 10-16 00:56
Dude, it's not a hack. It's just a simple solution everyone can do. No expertise or technical skills needed.
Clickbait nonsense.

So it would be better, if the hack was extra complicated and not possible for most anyway?

I think, this is a feature, that it's so easy to get extra flight time and so affordable at the same time.
2022-10-16
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

Originalas Posted at 10-16 04:55
So it would be better, if the hack was extra complicated and not possible for most anyway?  

I think, this is a feature, that it's so easy to get extra flight time and so affordable at the same time.

If your video had a thumbnail of the charging station instead of the dishonest display of a non-DJI battery -  and you renamed to indicate this is a CHARGING solution - NOT a "battery hack" then you would discover that here and on your YouTube channel that people might appreciate your solution.

Instead, it appears you decided that your charging station wasn't good enough to get YouTube clicks, so you included a thumbnail of a non-DJI battery to deceive people into clicking.

That makes it CLICKBAIT.
2022-10-16
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

CappyA330 Posted at 10-16 05:21
If your video had a thumbnail of the charging station instead of the dishonest display of a non-DJI battery -  and you renamed to indicate this is a CHARGING solution - NOT a "battery hack" then you would discover that here and on your YouTube channel that people might appreciate your solution.

Instead, it appears you decided that your charging station wasn't good enough to get YouTube clicks, so you included a thumbnail of a non-DJI battery to deceive people into clicking.

This is what you wanted?

2022-11-2
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
United States

Originalas Posted at 11-2 04:12
This is what you wanted?  

Are you going to come out with kits to turn any off the self 3rd party 4s into an Avata battery?
2022-11-2
Use props
MIMAJ6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371207 ft
Sweden

shi**y content dude... i do not hate...but if u dont like dji fpv camera - attachet gopro - problem solved - and one more thing....dji fvp is for noobs entrylvl fpv pilots...sooooooo....
2022-11-2
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Not really interested in hacking batteries. I do not think, many people buy DJI to do DIY stuff later, especially with batteries which is unsafe and stupid.  

Using tricks to get more out of stock drone is usefull like the power station hack.. though I have refunded my second Avata due to spind of death and not going to buy it third time, at least for now.

2022-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules