Tip 1: Make Sure the Controller Is Connected To Wi-Fi
856 6 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CD- Drones
lvl.1

United States

As mentioned earlier, the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a smart controller with a built-in screen. While it comes at an extra cost, I’d recommend you get it so that you will have access to your smartphone throughout the flight.
Having the controller connected to Wi-Fi is a good idea because the Maps need an internet connection to function.
This doesn’t mean, however, that you need to be close to home. A hotspot from your smartphone will suffice in this case.

pexels-mudassir-ali-1809576.jpg
2022-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remember that as soon as you take off the Wifi is turned off on the remote.  
2022-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice tip.  Just remember that once your drone is airborne you will need to go in and turn wifi back on since the software automatically turns it off at take off.  As an alternative you can go in and cache the maps that you need for where you will be flying in advance and then not need a wifi connection.
2022-10-16
Use props
JC_N
lvl.2
Luxembourg

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-16 02:40
Nice tip.  Just remember that once your drone is airborne you will need to go in and turn wifi back on since the software automatically turns it off at take off.  As an alternative you can go in and cache the maps that you need for where you will be flying in advance and then not need a wifi connection.

How to cache these maps? What would be the exact procedure to have the maps from a remote location without any WiFI (nor any GSM services), using the available home internet connection. Where are these maps cached. Does the RC need an additional (MicroSD-) memory card? How much (cache-) space do these maps require?
Thanks for any info.
2022-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JC_N Posted at 11-9 11:03
How to cache these maps? What would be the exact procedure to have the maps from a remote location without any WiFI (nor any GSM services), using the available home internet connection. Where are these maps cached. Does the RC need an additional (MicroSD-) memory card? How much (cache-) space do these maps require?
Thanks for any info.

I had a spare 64GB card that I put in the Mini 3's RC.  That has always been plenty of space for caching maps.  Easiest way to cache the maps is to watch below video starting at :20 and ends at 1:56.  Hope this is helpful.  
2022-11-9
Use props
JC_N
lvl.2
Luxembourg

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 13:19
I had a spare 64GB card that I put in the Mini 3's RC.  That has always been plenty of space for caching maps.  Easiest way to cache the maps is to watch below video starting at :20 and ends at 1:56.  Hope this is helpful.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDyjDtOeWE

Yes very helpful. Watched the entire video. Will try all that out.
Thank You very much for fast response.
2022-11-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JC_N Posted at 11-10 12:19
Yes very helpful. Watched the entire video. Will try all that out.
Thank You very much for fast response.

My pleasure.  Have a nice day and a wonderful weekend.
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules