Pre first flight check list
751 9 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dcaccount
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,
I am a good RC pilot but totally new to drones. I have decided to buy a Mini 2.

I am not concerned not about flying (I flight basic 3d helicopters) but about what is new in the drones I might neglect, for instance calibrations, ..... I have already watched several YouTube videos but I would like to be fully covered.

Is there a good tutorial or a reliable pre first flight check list to help new pilots to properly prepare for the first flight and to properly set up the most important settings?

Thanks!
Daniele
2022-10-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't forget to fit a memory card and to STOP any video recording BEFORE you switch the drone off.
Read the manual, note anything you are not certain you do not understand and ask questions about it.
Don't forget to charge the phone before you fly.
Calibrations should not be needed on a new drone. If it is second hand check height ceilings and the selected failsafe behaviour, the best one for general flying is RTH.
Take note that the props are handed, if you ever need to change them they MUST go on the correct motors, change both blades on a motor not just one, though I have seen it said that if the embossed numbers and letters are identical they can be mixed. I don't do that.
2022-10-15
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-15 10:18
Don't forget to fit a memory card and to STOP any video recording BEFORE you switch the drone off.
Read the manual, note anything you are not certain you do not understand and ask questions about it.
Don't forget to charge the phone before you fly.

What manual?

Where is the offical DJI manual and Pre Flight list in a printable format?

Can you expand on stopping video recording before powering down the drone, shouldnt turning off video recording, saving all sim card files, securing the sd card all be part of the DJI shutdown sequence, same with the FLY APP?

Thanks

2022-10-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try a google for "dji mini 2 manual" you should find them easily enough on an official DJI site. You probably can print it, it's a PDF.
To stop a recording press the same button that you use to start a recording, there are two, one on the phone screen and the other on the controller either will do.

DJI do not include a "stop recording" function in the drone shut down process. Shutting the drone down before stopping the recording results in a corrupted file, this happens with every DJI drone that I have flown, Phantom 3, Mavic Mini, M2P/Z, Mini 2.
The solution is to switch the  drone on again, let it boot and then switch it off, the drone fixes the corrupted fie during that process. It may be that that process DOES NOT work if the recording has been played with in the mean time.
I normally remember that I have forgotten to stop a recording JUST AFTER the shut down has been triggered and then I switch the drone on ....and off ....all whilst it is still in my hand.
2022-10-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

for instance calibrations
There should be no need to recalibrate anything.
2022-10-16
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-16 06:46
Try a google for "dji mini 2 manual" you should find them easily enough on an official DJI site. You probably can print it, it's a PDF.
To stop a recording press the same button that you use to start a recording, there are two, one on the phone screen and the other on the controller either will do.

YES I did search the web for a manual the search took me to the DJI downloads page https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Where is the English version, DJI sells drones in the USA but offers no English version, WHY?

Rather than playing boot up games why dosent DJI create a shutdown procedure that closes all files and secures the sd card before powering off the comuter?

My experance with DJI so far has been nothing short of a nightmare.

NOTE: Notice the spell checker does not work here in the forums, this is the ponly websitee I have found that disables spelllchecking

DJI = ENDLESS annoyances, very amateur, does DJI hold its employees responsible for anythiig?

If DJI was smart they would plaster "DJI Suggestion Box" links on the top of every page of their website then have a team to address the issues!

I have noticed my obversations about DJi's shortcomings are all deleted Communist style! Not a single issue I have brought up has never been addressed.

Time to document everything then plaster all over social media so the world knows the facts about DJI.

2022-10-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Not very astute, are you? Second entry is the manual, in English. You really do need spell-check.
2022-10-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

srdyiop Posted at 10-16 14:43
YES I did search the web for a manual the search took me to the DJI downloads page https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Where is the English version, DJI sells drones in the USA but offers no English version, WHY?

Time to document everything then plaster all over social media so the world knows the facts about DJI.
Your postings shows a mix of ignorance and arrogance.
Maybe you should start by acquainting yourself with a few basic facts.
2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniele. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please prepare a preflight checklist before flying your DJI Mini 2 to avoid any unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI Drone and kindly please check your if your microSD card is installed in to the DJI drone as well for you not to miss all of the memorable videos and photos that you will be filming and capturing. Thank you and keep safe always.

2022-10-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As noted above the manual in English is the second entry in the list of manuals on the page for you cite.
"DJI Mini 2 - User Manual v1.4. 2021-06-30  pdf"

With regards to the drone not having a stop recording function built in to the shut down procedure, this has been requested quite a few times...to no avail... but in truth a google would probably have shown you that. It's not a big problem so not worth getting all hot and bothered about.
As I sort of suggested I quite often forget to stop the recording before I power the drone off and it's a matter of a few seconds to switch the drone on and off again. The process is often completed before I have got to the car etc. to pack the drone away.
I curse myself when I forget, not DJI. I know the quirk exists, if I forget then that is my fault not theirs.

With regards to posts that highlight shortcomings being deleted, to be honest I haven't followed the longevity of such threads but overall I am quite impressed with the way DJI tolerate such threads, in the short term at least, especilaly when some of the comments are not dispassionately phrased and come across as rants. In fact I have just googled something relavant to this thread and found more than 10 links to threads on this forum concerning the matter.
2022-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules