Month Old Se Falls From Sky, No Inputs From Pilot
476 4 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200928 ft
United States

This Se has flown flawlessly for a month until yesterday.

From the logs, got one high wind warning, from a single gust, and it stated 'unable to return to home.' At that point I was altitude 28' and distance 400'.

The risk was described as medium and then one second later, mode was automatically changed to 'Confirm Landing.' Then 3 seconds after that it states 'Payload detected' (prop guards which had been on the full 5 min trip) 'return aircraft home.' Risk Low.

Two seconds later it automatically switched to payload mode, and even though i was then out 277', it stated "max distance set to 164," and it started falling rapidly.... Not a usual slow landing descent. Risk was described as Low. But Dji software forced a hard landing. If all this was due to prop guards, why the forced landing?

Over water, which I had been for 4 of the 5 minutes, the aircraft would have been lost.

My confidence in this SE or maybe all SE's   is shaken badly
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200928 ft
United States

Battery was good. Crash/hard landing ocurred with 4.5 minutes of battery remaining.
2022-10-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue

Use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2022-10-16
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

This is the Air 2S forum - maybe you want to find the correct forum?
2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini SE and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules