359 13 2022-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avata in the Secret Wood. Many pass it while walking but not many fly round it. 2nd day of having it and 4th flight. Initially tried it in Normal and then Sport yesterday, but the system has far too much control over it and just like the DJI FPV - The auto banking is ridiculous and horrible. Switched it straight to manual mode and all I can say is effortless control. Using goggles V2 with duality antennas and controller 2. This was flow a little too early as had to bump up the iso, so it's a bit grainy but the overall result can be seen how nice it flies flying like this. Filmed in 2.7k/60 with horizon levelling. Sorry for the daft writing as it was all copied and pasted from FB. I also got a quick delivery from Amazon for the 65w charger seen as you visibly age when charging with the charger that comes with it in the box. It's useless. Yes it's dark, yes I should have waited an hour for the sun to rise properly. had to bump the ISO, so a bit of grain in the footage too. Still, handles better than my traditional cinewhoop in here and was able to go further and do different lines -
2022-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flying Corey,  that was quite a dense woodland.
2022-10-16
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-16 23:34
Nice flying Corey,  that was quite a dense woodland.

It's a perfect test / playground and hoping to get back today and do a daylight version. I compared my traditional FPV Cinewhoop to this and the control and stability is way better and I've been flying Cinewhoops for at least 5yrs now. For this type of flying, they've nailed it. Normal and sport mode to me are useless as the system has far too much control over the movement of the drone. Manual mode is really good with the controller 2 from the FPV, as are the goggle v2's. The video in here was amazing and clear. The part between the rocks and up through the trees was an issue for the Caddx Vista, but still flyable. When you fly it and see zero signal or visual glitches, that's good enough for me. It is in FCC mode though as the CE capping more or less makes it useless in Europe.
2022-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-16 23:46
It's a perfect test / playground and hoping to get back today and do a daylight version. I compared my traditional FPV Cinewhoop to this and the control and stability is way better and I've been flying Cinewhoops for at least 5yrs now. For this type of flying, they've nailed it. Normal and sport mode to me are useless as the system has far too much control over the movement of the drone. Manual mode is really good with the controller 2 from the FPV, as are the goggle v2's. The video in here was amazing and clear. The part between the rocks and up through the trees was an issue for the Caddx Vista, but still flyable. When you fly it and see zero signal or visual glitches, that's good enough for me. It is in FCC mode though as the CE capping more or less makes it useless in Europe.

I assume youre not planning to upgrade it to the Axis Flying C157 Motors yet then?
2022-10-16
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-16 23:54
I assume youre not planning to upgrade it to the Axis Flying C157 Motors yet then?

And void the warranty, ruin the whole smart aspect of what we see in the goggles like battery remaining and flight time etc.....NOPE. It's fine as it is to be honest. If people want to use it to freestyle it, modify it and generally use it for what it wasn't intended for then so be it. Same with the DJI FPV with different props and stuff. Sorry mate but with DJI drones, they stay as was intended and nothing else. They're all very expensive toys that do a good job and I love flying too much to ruin that.
2022-10-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-17 00:01
And void the warranty, ruin the whole smart aspect of what we see in the goggles like battery remaining and flight time etc.....NOPE. It's fine as it is to be honest. If people want to use it to freestyle it, modify it and generally use it for what it wasn't intended for then so be it. Same with the DJI FPV with different props and stuff. Sorry mate but with DJI drones, they stay as was intended and nothing else. They're all very expensive toys that do a good job and I love flying too much to ruin that.

I agree with you on that one.  
2022-10-17
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-17 00:03
I agree with you on that one.

Just been back out to the wood and flown it again with normal stabilisation in the daylight. Thought about horizon steady again but just flew it normally. A lot better in regards to image quality.
2022-10-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent flying Corey, especially in that forest.
2022-10-17
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-17 04:02
Excellent flying Corey, especially in that forest.

Love it in there. Peaceful too as off the main track and it's a path not trodden by the masses.
2022-10-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-17 04:57
Love it in there. Peaceful too as off the main track and it's a path not trodden by the masses.

Sounds like you found your little slice of paradise to fly.  
2022-10-17
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-17 15:29
Sounds like you found your little slice of paradise to fly.

One of many. Got a cracker processing from today to really show what it can do.
2022-10-18
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

nice flying and thanks for sharing...
2022-10-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 10-18 22:07
nice flying and thanks for sharing...

Re-flew it in daylight as wasn't 100% happy with how it turned out. If I had waited another 30mins.....In a would of what if's
2022-10-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-18 07:56
One of many. Got a cracker processing from today to really show what it can do.

Looking forward to seeing that.  
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules