Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC calibration : not reaching 100% on joystick
3543 17 2022-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atschoum
lvl.1

France

My equipment : DJI Mini 3 Pro + DJI RC.
The display requested a calibration of the RC (error code 60010).
As asked, I tried to calibrate the remote controller by moving the joysticks in all directions as well as the two control wheels underneath.
No problem with the left joystick and the right control wheel, all directions reaching 100%.
But the right joystick moved to the left reaches only 43%, and the left control wheel does not reach the maximum in both directions either.
It is not possible to use the drone until this calibration has been completed.
Does anyone have an idea how to proceed to reach the 100% on the joysticks and on the control wheels.
Is there an issue with the RC ?
Thanks in advance.

2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Atschoum. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. First, kindly please check whether the joystick of your DJI RC is in the center position. Second, may we know the way you pack and carry DJI RC Pro when you done the flight? Third, would you please enter joystick calibration page and see if there are any abnormal input even without pulling joysticks? Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
Atschoum
lvl.1

France

Hello Stephen,
I refer to a DJI RC - not a DJI RC Pro...
I use to protect the RC unit within a small homemade fabric bag.
All joysticks are in central position with no abnormal input, indicating 0%.
Then I move the joysticks in each direction to get a 100% signal (as asked for calibration).
This works well, except for one movement to the left with right joystick, where I reach only 43% at the maximum extend.
This is also the case for the control wheels : it works fine with one of them, reaching the maximum in both directions.
But again it doesn't work with the second control wheel, where it is not possible to reach the maximum extend (no indication of the percentage).
Thus it is not possible to resume the calibration of the RC - and thus not possible to fly the drone...
Thank you for your answer.
2022-10-17
Use props
Atschoum
lvl.1

France

Thus it is not possible to COMPLETE the calibration of the RC - and thus not possible to fly the drone...
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Atschoum Posted at 10-17 05:32
Thus it is not possible to COMPLETE the calibration of the RC - and thus not possible to fly the drone...

We are sorry for the misunderstanding, we've edited the post. Could you please provide us with a video showing the calibration process for further confirmation? You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here.
2022-10-17
Use props
Atschoum
lvl.1

France

Please find hereby the link for downloading the video :
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZq9v8ZcAUt7FBnXOLdz1LOl9LohpHmrE3V
I hope that despite the bad quality of the video you will understand the issue.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Atschoum Posted at 10-18 04:01
Please find hereby the link for downloading the video :
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZq9v8ZcAUt7FBnXOLdz1LOl9LohpHmrE3V
I hope that despite the bad quality of the video you will understand the issue.

Thanks for the video provided. Please try to connect the DJI RC to a computer and then upgrade/refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue still exists. https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads
If the issue still exists, you may need to submit a case through the link below and send it back for further testing. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-10-19
Use props
Nata
New

Spain

hello! I have a very similar issue

my DJI RC calibration : not reaching 100% on the right joystick. I have the dji mini pro 3

First it was going "up" to 40% without me touching the joystick. left and right would remain on 0% even when pushing the joystick to the max.
I then downloaded the app "DJI assistance 2" and did a frimware refresh. re tryed the calibration.

now the left and right go to 100% normally. but the up and down remain in 0%

it seems therefor more a frimware/calibration issue than a physical issue.

any advice?

thanks
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nata Posted at 4-10 10:12
hello! I have a very similar issue

my DJI RC calibration : not reaching 100% on the right joystick. I have the dji mini pro 3

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. In this case, we still recommend you submit a case and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-4-10
Use props
fans12672190
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369255 ft
Denmark

I have the same problem with the DJI RC controller. When I calibrate,  as I'm forced to,  the right joystick pulled to the left only reaches 95%.
But it happens only once in a while. Is there a log file in the controller, that can document, when I have gotten the error message "RC calibration needed " and the result of the failed attempts to calibrate.?
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans12672190 Posted at 4-11 09:44
I have the same problem with the DJI RC controller. When I calibrate,  as I'm forced to,  the right joystick pulled to the left only reaches 95%.
But it happens only once in a while. Is there a log file in the controller, that can document, when I have gotten the error message "RC calibration needed " and the result of the failed attempts to calibrate.?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm that your DJI RC works properly? Did you encounter any issue since the last time?
2023-4-11
Use props
fans12672190
lvl.1
Denmark

I testen the drone  and DJI RC right now and everything works fine. The problem is, that it is unreliable.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_V5fAe0Hxr4uG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41194 ft

Costa Rica

I have a brand new se2 mini and I am getting a calibration error persisting no matter how many times I calibrate. So insanely frustrating as I got this right before my trip to Costa Rica. Worked for 4-5 flights and now it’s useless

Calibration completes and immediately after beeping continues

Reloaded drone firmware ans did nothing.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans12672190 Posted at 4-11 23:07
I testen the drone  and DJI RC right now and everything works fine. The problem is, that it is unreliable.

If the issue disappears and the DJI RC works as it should, we will recommend you continue using it and pay attention to the issue. Once it reoccurs, please send it back for diagnosis.
If you are really concerned about that, you can send it back to our service center for further testing, too.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_V5fAe0Hxr4uG Posted at 4-12 19:25
I have a brand new se2 mini and I am getting a calibration error persisting no matter how many times I calibrate. So insanely frustrating as I got this right before my trip to Costa Rica. Worked for 4-5 flights and now it’s useless  

Calibration completes and immediately after beeping continues

Hello, there. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
May we confirm if the issue still persists even after the joystick calibration is completed?

2023-4-12
Use props
fans12672190
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-12 22:42
If the issue disappears and the DJI RC works as it should, we will recommend you continue using it and pay attention to the issue. Once it reoccurs, please send it back for diagnosis.
If you are really concerned about that, you can send it back to our service center for further testing, too.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage

Thanks for your concern on my problem. I will keep testing, and make photos next time to document the problem.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans12672190 Posted at 4-12 23:26
Thanks for your concern on my problem. I will keep testing, and make photos next time to document the problem.

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions later.
2023-4-13
Use props
fans1b0a929a
lvl.1
United States

I have this exact same issue with my Mavic 3 and it’s with the DJI RC. My solution is physically twisting the controller like you might ring out a towel (yes this sounds ridiculous). I gently twist until I the blue light goes away and no more calibration is needed.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules