o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI,

Had a flight with my MINI2.

Started (on purpose) with low GPS 'health', so iaw the manual height restrictions are in place.

With low GPS i started drone to climb, with the infra red system active height is limited to 5 meter, not active height limited to 30 meter.
Not my logic though, should be the other way around....

See my data, infra red active as it did measure up to 10.7 meter. No height limitation 5 meter !

So imo your manual is incorrect. (plus other type manual as well ....)

cheers
JJB
MINI2heightrestrictions.png
analysis1.png
2022-10-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anytime I have launched with insufficient GPS I have been limited to the, I think 5m, ceiling, I always assumed this was barometric height and, by my eyes,  the drone seems to be at a height of about 5m.
This has been over roughly level ground so IR and barometric heights would have been similar. If your 10.7m height is IR, is it possible you flew the drone over a down slope etc.?
I haven't tried that and where I would conveniently get a suitable down slope I would run into trees at that barometric height.

Yes, to me, DJI have those height limits the wrong way around. It seems sensible to me to have the lower limit when iR sensing is not available and a greater limit when it is available. I can't think of a reason why DJI do it their way, though I assume they do have a reason lol.
2022-10-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-16 07:01
Anytime I have launched with insufficient GPS I have been limited to the, I think 5m, ceiling, I always assumed this was barometric height and, by my eyes,  the drone seems to be at a height of about 5m.
This has been over roughly level ground so IR and barometric heights would have been similar. If your 10.7m height is IR, is it possible you flew the drone over a down slope etc.?
I haven't tried that and where I would conveniently get a suitable down slope I would run into trees at that barometric height.

Hi,

Nope, take-off and climb above level ground.

Baro height and VPS height the same, as you see in the 2 columns next to the FlightMode.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah...I will try to remember to have a look at the logs next time I fly. Cheers.
2022-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules