Remote connecting as phone charger
1106 5 2022-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rileytrade
lvl.1

United States

When I connect the usb to type C from the controller to my phone and it acts as if wants to charge my phone and never connects to the app DJIGO4. I'm using a new Samsung s22 ultra but I tried it on an older Android phone and the same thing. Everything is up to date. Any ideas as to what I need to do? Thanks
2022-10-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Nothing. The Android spec calls for the USB to carry the 5 volts. No way to disable it.
2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rileytrade. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. For additional reference, the reason why your Android mobile device is discharging on your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

For big jobs I carry a portable 12000mAH powerbank battery in a small backpack, I use the USB connector on the back of the controller to connect to the tablet, and plug the powerbank into the top left side of the controller to supply power. This allows me to operate continuously all day with no worries about a flat controller battery.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rileytrade
lvl.1

United States

Gordon G Posted at 10-23 20:10
For big jobs I carry a portable 12000mAH powerbank battery in a small backpack, I use the USB connector on the back of the controller to connect to the tablet, and plug the powerbank into the top left side of the controller to supply power. This allows me to operate continuously all day with no worries about a flat controller battery.

That is what I don't understand. I was at one time able to use the usb on the remote to connect to the phone but now it wants to charge it instead of connecting to the app.
2022-10-24
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe the previous times was before an update and after the update its now charging. Just a thought.
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules