Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
did you have/do you have any problem with the new update (V 1.3.20)?
4331 38 2015-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sermole
lvl.2

United States

Single SelectVote, Total 245 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-8-11
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

I had to try twice. I think the first download was corrupt. Everything started fine, but ran for 45 minutes and never stopped. So I re-downloaded the update, and and all went well. Have only had one test flight, but so far, so good.
2015-8-11
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got "NO SIGNAL" on two customers P3's. One Pro and One Advance. Have had one work just fine. Shit update.
2015-8-11
Use props
michel.vdweteri
New

Netherlands

I see a lot of lag in de video on IOS that I didn't have before. (app version 1.20)  On android I do not have the lag. Also the quality is better.
2015-8-11
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

Have had no issues.  The only slight issue was paying attention to other posts that when the upgrade was complete all lights would turn off, including the arms.  As I found out, not the case, only the LED on the camera shut off.  I waited for almost 50 minutes thinking the arm lights would go off.  Noticed the camera LED was off.  Powered down, check the status file, and all was fine.  Upgraded my additional two batteries and controller with no issue.
So mine was user error and seeing the upgrade file states only the camera LED would turn off!
2015-8-11
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All should go smoothly with the firmware update if you do it like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065/

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-11
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-12 00:32
All should go smoothly with the firmware update if you do it like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com ...

My update went smoothly enough and the result file for both aircraft and controller said "success".  But no FPV after update - app says "Disconnected".  It's on its way back to DJI for repair.
2015-8-11
Use props
ricky.mcnally
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35791 ft
United Kingdom

Upgrade successful it said on the sd card but the app is still saying upgrade required, anyone?
2015-8-11
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worked on my P3P did NOT work on my Adv. HOWEVER I did a firmware update from my iPad mini 2 retina for the P3A and it "seems" to have worked now on the ADV. I will check later.
2015-8-11
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-8-12 03:14
My update went smoothly enough and the result file for both aircraft and controller said "success" ...

Mine said the same but after doing an update via the iPad it "seems" to have worked
2015-8-11
Use props
hserro1221
lvl.1

United States

My P3 worked fine until I updated it and now it is saying that the 8 prong connector isn't connected the the damping plate (which it is connected.) It won't let me work my gimbal and is just making an agrivating loud beep noise. Is this happening to anyone else??
2015-8-11
Use props
photosbygregory
New

United States

I've tried for many hours downloaded and re-downloaded formatted the card and started over many times - the camera lights starts to blink red -green then after a couple minutes goes all red and nothing, fie says reboot aircraft and try again, I've tried at least 40 times.  Worked fine before I tried the new firmware in fact I flew earlier this evening now my rc is updated but the camera isn't. I have android so the go app isn't available but in the pilot app I have no camera the motors work but no camera - a flying camera isn't much good with out a camera
2015-8-11
Use props
SuperRC
lvl.1

Australia

I updated to firmware v1.3.20 yesterday. The update on both the aircraft and RC indicated successful. Used a USB stick to update the RC.
When I turned both RC then aircraft on, I started the DJI Pilot app on my Android. The app indicated 'No Signal' initially, restarted the app but same result. Then I noticed there was a USB symbol on the notification bar on my phone, I opened it and it asked 'would you like to install USB software' (or something along those lines), I selected yes. Then the app recognised the RC and connected to the aircraft no problem. Mind you, this USB installation was nothing to do with DJI app, it was just so the phone can recognise the USB port it is plugged into. All working well, I carried out an IMU calibration and gimbal auto calibration.
Now status is all normal and aircraft is ready to fly. Updated to DJI Go today.  I have not flown my Phantom 3 yet, waiting for the weekend to conduct the maiden flight.
2015-8-11
Use props
robertodell
lvl.1

United States

michel.vdweteri Posted at 2015-8-11 23:57
I see a lot of lag in de video on IOS that I didn't have before. (app version 1.20)  On android I do ...

I have the same thing.  Playback is "jumpy" now, and the video is grainy.  The old app created crystal clear video clips.  Not real happy.
2015-8-12
Use props
warrenkevin18
lvl.2

Ireland

I experienced my first ever issue today with the new Go app, my video feed repetedly lost connection and I noticed a green bar appearing across my video for a couple of seconds. Anyone else have this issue? I have quite an important project coming up and would like to hopefully have this solved before then if there's anything I can do
2015-8-13
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

ricky.mcnally Posted at 2015-8-12 03:53
Upgrade successful it said on the sd card but the app is still saying upgrade required, anyone?

First flight after  1.3.20 update, DJI GO app say "upgrade required", after 2-3 second, note was gone.
2015-8-13
Use props
maybz
lvl.2

United States

I just spent 5 hours of my day today trying to upgrade my P3 Professional with zero luck.  Tried updating to 1.3.20 but stopped after 50 minutes had passed.  Camera was still blinking green/red and beeping.  txt file read 'unsuccessful'.  Formatted the card and tried again with same result.  Formatted a different card and tried again with different battery - same result.  Tried to downgrade to 1.2.6 with same result after 50 minutes.  Tried to go back further to 1.1.9 and again, same result after 50 minutes. So...  I'm out of ideas.
Tried calling DJI support but of course got the message "we're too busy, try back later maybe"
Anyone have any ideas?  I really don't want to send it in to DJI and wait another 3-4 months to get it back.  

Was working fine before I started this but I got tired of being hounded by the app to update everything so reluctantly I decided to do it.  Wish I hadn't now.  I've been an avid DJI user for years but lately I find the joy of flying isn't enough to offset the headache of dealing with their poor firmware and non-existent customer service.  My new Solo is working like a dream BTW and the latest firmware update took all of 30 seconds.... you reading this DJI?
2015-8-13
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

maybz@earthlink Posted at 2015-8-14 09:02
I just spent 5 hours of my day today trying to upgrade my P3 Professional with zero luck.  Tried upd ...

My guess is that your SD card is defective.
2015-8-14
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

Perfect!
Not a hitch.
2015-8-14
Use props
denis.whidbeypa
New

United States

hserro1221 Posted at 2015-8-12 12:18
My P3 worked fine until I updated it and now it is saying that the 8 prong connector isn't connected ...

Same here.
2015-8-14
Use props
windowsvista64b
New
Puerto Rico

I WANT MY MONEY BACK. My Phantom fly like 38 hour and stay 2 weaks on the floor with this issue. Is embarrassing to know that a product so expensive, less effective than a cheaper.
I want my money back. $1,300 Phantom vs. Helimax 230Si...... Helimax stay flying all the time.
2015-8-14
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Evertything working as expected after the latest upgrade. One battery discharged in the air without any issues! Updated aircraft, RC and both batteries with 1.3.20 - P3P
2015-8-14
Use props
noxon1080
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3835003 ft
Spain

VPS error. landing as soon as possible, but  I don´t take off
2015-8-15
Use props
sermole
lvl.2

Mexico

I just update the firmware and all seems to be right
2015-8-16
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Why does it say "Update required", everything including batteries are updated to 1.3.20 and App 2.0.0  anyone have the right answers?
2015-8-17
Use props
geo33
lvl.1

Russia

Updated yesterday. On "turn-on" requested update, 5 sec later disappeared. Seems like everything is OK, yet no flight done.
2015-8-18
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

Frequent errors: 'Disconnect', "Compass Error', and several times 'No Signal' (appears to be remedied by the 32 channel hack, manual setting).
2015-8-18
Use props
ricky.mcnally
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35791 ft
United Kingdom

TomWolves Posted at 2015-8-17 23:54
Why does it say "Update required", everything including batteries are updated to 1.3.20 and App 2.0. ...

Same with mine but i've flown it with no problems sttill
2015-8-18
Use props
matt.mangan
New

United Kingdom

heyandy Posted at 2015-8-12 00:25
Have had no issues.  The only slight issue was paying attention to other posts that when the upgrade ...

Hi, I'm new to the Phantom 3 pro.  I bought a spare battery. To upgrade the battery do I need to do the firmware update again on the craft with the new  battery inserted?  I'm assuming so.  Given the crafts firmware is upgraded I'd assume the battery upgrade would be quicker?

Matt  
2015-8-19
Use props
roy
New

South Africa

My upgrade went according to the instruction and did both my batteries. Now I find that the controller does not connect every time. Have to switch on and off a few times. Did not happen out the box and last upgrade.
2015-8-19
Use props
stevegreentechy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558031 ft
United Kingdom

hserro1221 Posted at 2015-8-12 12:18
My P3 worked fine until I updated it and now it is saying that the 8 prong connector isn't connected ...

Do an IMU re-calibration. I had similar with the error message saying the 8-pin cable wasn't connected. It was due to needing a fresh IMU calibration.
2015-8-19
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of lag in videos using a Samsung TabA, Google App crashes on every flight, DJI Pilot crashes on every flight. Other than that... it's perfect!
2015-8-19
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

matt.mangan Posted at 2015-8-19 20:36
Hi, I'm new to the Phantom 3 pro.  I bought a spare battery. To upgrade the battery do I need to d ...

Yes, after doing the firmware upgrade on the Phantom 3, it will also upgrade the battery that is already installed.  Once complete, insert the other battery (after powering off, of course) and it will upgrade that battery (does not take that long).  

In fact, this is one of the reasons you should always just leave the firmware "bin" file on the SD card you have installed so that if you do plug in another battery, it will upgrade the first time it is powered up.
2015-8-19
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

Working fine. Battery seems to last no as long as before...
2015-8-19
Use props
geo33
lvl.1

Russia

After auto-take-off craft is not steady both in height and position - is slowly drifting in both.
That was never noticed with the previous FW version.
Any ideas?
2015-8-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

geo33 Posted at 2015-8-22 05:54
After auto-take-off craft is not steady both in height and position - is slowly drifting in both.
Th ...

Did you do a IMU calibration after the update? and gimbal calibration?
2015-9-6
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

Can't even update - Phantom won't take it - being returned...

2015-9-7
Use props
geo33
lvl.1

Russia

TomWolves Posted at 2015-9-7 11:48
Did you do a IMU calibration after the update? and gimbal calibration?

I believe upgrade 1.3 "problems" were due to not good IMU calibration.
Thanks a lot for your support! It works beutifully!
2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I've not noticed a problem yet - but I don't thrash the 'bird' about. As long as it functions as expected then I'm happy.
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules