Regions - Affected Batches Osmo Action 3
8057 37 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Guys, I am reading now for days in this forum and have watched all the YouTube Videos concerning the focus issues. Some cameras seem to be ok, some not. Maybe it's also a regional issue. You guys are mostly from the US, aren't you? I am living in Germany.

So, how would I know, which batch maybe affected? The serial number is an indicator, right? How to decode the serial number, does it contain Date, Region and so on, in order to compare the batches? Or do you think, ALL cameras are affected? I really can't believe, that DJI messed up a whole production.  

Best!

2022-10-17
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-17
Use props
tpetran
lvl.2
Croatia

My opinion is that all cameras are the same, that's what it is with this sensor and lens combo. But, in some scenarios camera exhibits these shortcomings more and in some less. It depends on the use case. My camera is the same as every here on the forum but I can guarantee you that I could make you believe that it has problems with focus and also that it doesn't have focus issues, depending on scenario I "cherry pick".

Am I mad that it has a flaw? Yes.
Am I sad that it doesn't have GoPro image quality? Yes.
But, there is a reason why something costs as much as it costs. It is far cheaper than GoPro and excels in some areas over the GoPro, how could it cost so little if it would be the perfect camera? There is always a catch.

All in all, I'm pretty certain that these cameras aren't flawed in a sense that there was a manufacturing error, It's more of a bad design/cost saving thing. If we put all those meaningless tests with test sheets aside, when you look at the picture that this camera produces for me it falls exactly into the category "not a GoPro level of quality but close enough for the price".
2022-10-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Bottom of each box has a YIM that is the date. the serial we will never know, priopriority  information.

Is my camera perfect, no more  sorry not waterproof and not out of focus, but wit ha lens that is way too wide for the Budget camera
2022-10-17
Use props
fansecdc113d
lvl.1

Switzerland

Mine was produced in 09/2022. I believe all cameras have the same issue.
2022-10-17
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

Mine in 08/2022. Doubt it, that there are some from 10/2022?!
2022-10-17
Use props
G1tgudscrub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434603 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where do you see the mfg date?
2022-10-17
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

It’s on the bottom of Box/Packaging. There is a label with serial number and also the Date.
2022-10-17
Use props
G1tgudscrub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434603 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ah, got a 2022/9
2022-10-17
Use props
Fr4nk_C45tl3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine 9/2022, I think I am about to send it back, unfortunately.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Our engineers are aware of the issue, please be advised that it is found that this problem is caused by the large internal parameters of some cameras. In response to this problem, you can provide our technical support with your SN and DJI account, original photos, and videos through Chat, email, and other channels, and we will help you to solve this problem asap.

Here is the link to contact us: https://www.dji.com/support
2022-10-18
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-18 00:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Our engineers are aware of the issue, please be advised that it is found that this problem is caused by the large internal parameters of some cameras. In response to this problem, you can provide our technical support with your SN and DJI account, original photos, and videos through Chat, email, and other channels, and we will help you to solve this problem asap.

Here is the link to contact us: https://www.dji.com/support

Just another copy/paste...
2022-10-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am using mine on holiday at the moment and was very pleased with it. Now I am reading various post I am looking for problems that I did not know were there. Strange what one’s mind can do.

Perhaps I should just enjoy the content and not worry too much about the slight flaws it might have. I will see what time will bring

Here is a holiday video in Lanzarote I took 2 days ago that Fir my use I am happy with

2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_1MhzUFSGZVMD
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi. Sadly I think you have the same issue of action 3 soft focusing problem. Would you please tell me about the date of your device under the box?
My best regards
S.Naghshpoor
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think tpetran above has described the problem really well. No one on here is going to agree about the focus so really, it is useless trying to discuss it here.

As tpetran says, it’s not a GoPro and costs nothing like a GoPro. For what it costs, it’s a great camera. If you want a better picture, spend more .......
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-9 11:12
I think tpetran above has described the problem really well. No one on here is going to agree about the focus so really, it is useless trying to discuss it here.

As tpetran says, it’s not a GoPro and costs nothing like a GoPro. For what it costs, it’s a great camera. If you want a better picture, spend more .......

Just want to mention, that Insta360 ONE RS with 4K Boost Lens is the sharpest out there and costs even less than Osmo Action 3 and any GoPro.

2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ooh stop…… I’m tempted. Have been for a while……
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

here Young tests both ONE R and ONE RS with 1 inch module and with 4K lens.

I had ONE R before but sold it since I didn't like it that much, but ONE RS looks way better.

2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1MhzUFSGZVMD Posted at 1-9 11:02
Hi. Sadly I think you have the same issue of action 3 soft focusing problem. Would you please tell me about the date of your device under the box?
My best regards
S.Naghshpoor

Well I am perfectly happy with mine. Some people are war too fussy
2023-1-9
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 23:26

Yes, but others think that perhaps you aren’t very critical of photo/video  quality when you keep repeating that. I think my view is that it's ok, for what it costs. And I think I probably am quite fussy when it comes to recording and keeping my family memories. .
2023-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 23:26

You have 2 units but never show a comparison between those two. I wonder why?

Also it could be that your monitor and tv is soft compared to others, so keep that in mind.

2023-1-10
Use props
dirtharry
New
Belgium

The same here. Bought in Belgium, 28/02/2023 . No sharpness, no focus, worse image than my mobile phone of 250 euros from 2019. One would expect that 8 months after the release, and hundreds of complaints, the manufacturing defect was rectified, not so ! Production date on the packaging, 09/2022. No dates were known in the store. Dissatisfied !
2023-3-2
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dirtharry Posted at 3-2 10:48
The same here. Bought in Belgium, 28/02/2023 . No sharpness, no focus, worse image than my mobile phone of 250 euros from 2019. One would expect that 8 months after the release, and hundreds of complaints, the manufacturing defect was rectified, not so ! Production date on the packaging, 09/2022. No dates were known in the store. Dissatisfied !

Open a ticket with DJI and send it in. 9/2022 is/can be from bad units that went out.

But if you could show us some 4K videos in good light, then we can take a closer look.
2023-3-2
Use props
dirtharry
New
Belgium

4 pics

johansenfoto Posted at 3-2 12:10
Open a ticket with DJI and send it in. 9/2022 is/can be from bad units that went out.

But if you could show us some 4K videos in good light, then we can take a closer look.

2023-3-3
Use props
dirtharry
New
Belgium

Hi Johansen, Belgium here : I took 4 different settings, all of -/+ 40 cm, or 1.2 ft. I am already negotiating with my local camera shop, the updates did not work. Maybe a gopro or insta360...
2023-3-3
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

dirtharry Posted at 3-3 16:03
Hi Johansen, Belgium here : I took 4 different settings, all of -/+ 40 cm, or 1.2 ft. I am already negotiating with my local camera shop, the updates did not work. Maybe a gopro or insta360...

I also bought Insta360 ONE RS and I can highly recommend it.
You should hear with DJI about your camera.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

dirtharry Posted at 3-3 16:03

The last is the one that matters, as it seems to be the only one in ultrawide. Is it 4k and stabilization off? Your camera definitely seems misadjusted. Mine looks like that at 30cm - and your distance is even longer than 40cm taken into account that the battery has some depth ;)
In addition, your lens seems to be off center a little bit form what I see at the downscaled picture. That does not matter that much in real life as you typically move the camera around.
The falloff to the edge is obvious in your picture but seems typical for that lens. It just gets exaggerated by the paving structure.
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The same here. Bought in Belgium, 28/02/2023 . No sharpness, no focus, worse image than my mobile phone of 250 euros from 2019. One would expect that 8 months after the release, and hundreds of complaints, the manufacturing defect was rectified, not so ! Production date on the packaging, 09/2022. No dates were known in the store. Dissatisfied !

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask if the firmware is the latest version? If the issue still exists, you can contact our support team through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-4
Use props
dirtharry
New
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 00:40
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask if the firmware is the latest version? If the issue still exists, you can contact our support team through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support

I am testing all settings first. After that I first bought a new PC with heavy drivers, processors and video processing. So that I can be sure that my screen really shows what the camera sees. Better images have already appeared in some circumstances, I am still busy with research in the little free time that is available next to the daily job... My local shop in Belgium, Kamera Express in Turnhout, had ordered new cameras to possibly replace mine. They would even come from nearby, namely Rotterdam in the Netherlands, which is only 1 hour from here. The terrible news is, and I'm really! angry about that, they have received 3 new cameras, with the EXACT same product date as mine, which is 09/2022 ! That's not a service from DJI, that's fooling the customer !!!
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dirtharry Posted at 3-22 12:25
I am testing all settings first. After that I first bought a new PC with heavy drivers, processors and video processing. So that I can be sure that my screen really shows what the camera sees. Better images have already appeared in some circumstances, I am still busy with research in the little free time that is available next to the daily job... My local shop in Belgium, Kamera Express in Turnhout, had ordered new cameras to possibly replace mine. They would even come from nearby, namely Rotterdam in the Netherlands, which is only 1 hour from here. The terrible news is, and I'm really! angry about that, they have received 3 new cameras, with the EXACT same product date as mine, which is 09/2022 ! That's not a service from DJI, that's fooling the customer !!!

We are sorry for any unpleasant experience. Hope you can understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. Each user has a different usage scenario. Hope you receive your new camera soon. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.
2023-3-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

We appreciate keeping things on a one to one bases, but yt its a World wide concern, not being addressed as a whole
2023-3-24
Use props
Legs
New
Australia

My Dji action 3 ...manufacture date 8/2022. Not too worried about focus issues that seem to worry so many pixel peepers. At my age ...my eyes are out of focus all the time. Very happy with the camera.
2023-3-30
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Legs Posted at 3-30 17:51
My Dji action 3 ...manufacture date 8/2022. Not too worried about focus issues that seem to worry so many pixel peepers. At my age ...my eyes are out of focus all the time. Very happy with the camera.

That’s a great recommendation, coming from someone who claims to be half blind!
Looks like the blind is leading the blind ......
2023-3-31
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Legs Posted at 3-30 17:51

Pixel peepers are exactly and only that, they believe they get much more value out of their products if the can constantly complain and whine , instead of just using them being creative . Pixel peepers make very bad photographers/videographers etc, they just don’t ever have the time to actually use and create with their wonderful products.
2023-3-31
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

Ohh.. that's terrible to read. Just bought mine yesterday
2023-4-4
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

Reading all these comments I'm confused . Is the issue still there and is it as bad as people say or you really need to "look" for the blur to see it.
Just bought mine yesterday and now I'm doubting myself
2023-4-4
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Italo Grossi Posted at 4-4 03:00
Reading all these comments I'm confused . Is the issue still there and is it as bad as people say or you really need to "look" for the blur to see it.
Just bought mine yesterday and now I'm doubting myself

Some have issues, most doesn't and some here have just bad vision (elderly)  

Post 4K video from outdoors here for us to judge if you have doubt.
2023-4-4
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Don't forget about the monitor! Sometimes people think just because they have a monitor with a "4K" sticker on it, it's perfect. Well, it is not. There are many sites (do a search) on how to calculate the approximate PPI density of your monitor (just one out of the many: https://www.addictivetips.com/wi ... ity-of-your-screen/), but sometimes manufacturers also state it on the specs.

This site lets you calculate the PPI density of your monitor and also shows various devices and their PPI: https://www.sven.de/dpi/

Note, for example, the Eizo FDH3601, which claims to be a 4K monitor, yet it's PPI is only about 127. Compare that to a 2019 16" MacBook Pro display of 226 PPI (which is nearly DOUBLE that of the Eizo 4K).

Or look at the LG 34WK95U, which is a 5K monitor with a PPI of only 163.

So just because you have a monitor with a 4K sticker on it, it doesn't mean you will see your video "sharper" than on a monitor without the 4K sticker.

And that is why some people argue that 1080p sucks on a 4K TV or monitor. Well, no, it actually doesn't. In the examples above, a MacBook Pro's display outperforms a 4K monitor in terms of pixel density, hence, your 1080p video will look sharper on the MacBook than on your 4K display.

2023-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules