AVATA aircraft tilted in one direction - no straight horizon image
8469 61 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kvHlfFo8Ep6y
lvl.1
Germany

BigDaddyReeves Posted at 1-13 10:21
I had this problem for awhile. Couldn't figure it out. Recently switched to HQ 4 blade props and I'm level again

My avata is not even a week old, only had about 10 flights, replacing props to get rid of a tilt seems a bit unfair. Especially if there had been no damage or crash.
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_kvHlfFo8Ep6y
lvl.1
Germany

My dji Avata, is about 4 days old, had about 10 flights. I noticed the tilt on the second day and always in brake mode when it hovers. The first time was with 12 km/h wind. Ok thought it was the wind. The second time was with 5 km/h wind same degree of tilt? That is not normal. Tilt footage at 5 km/h

2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_kvHlfFo8Ep6y
lvl.1
Germany

Doesn't make it right
2023-3-2
Use props
fansfee29ece
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35305 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi I now have the same issue after a few days flying. Did anyone resolve this issue? I’ve calibrated the gimbal and rc.
2023-3-30
Use props
fansba482110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1484856 ft
Hong Kong

fansfee29ece Posted at 3-30 00:38
Hi I now have the same issue after a few days flying. Did anyone resolve this issue? I’ve calibrated the gimbal and rc.

Did you try IMU calibration? I had this issue and resolved by IMU re-calibrated the second time (at other place).
2023-4-19
Use props
Gordon Macrae
New

New Zealand

I just purchased the new motion 2 controller and did the update. Nearly list my drone due to significant drift issue. Recalibrated the IMU but still has the drift issue. Now I’m scared to take it out in case I loose my beloved Avata
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_yqPyGYZI2Fze
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915961 ft
United States

I have been working with DJI support for weeks on this and another issue, which I posted about yesterday. I'll check the camera mount, and perform the IMU calibration, although I think I've done the calibration before. I'll report back. With so many people having this problem, you'd think DJI would know how to fix it. I've already burned a care refresh replacement on it, and sent the replacement and controller in for inspection. They said the Avata was fine, but charged me for a controller repair that did not fix either problem.

Mine changes tilt direction depending on heading. I've always thought it was tilting into the wind, but in my testing yesterday, it was level when the heading was not in the direction I thought the wind was coming from. I'll do the two things mentioned, do some more testing, and report back.
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_yqPyGYZI2Fze
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915961 ft
United States

djiuser_yqPyGYZI2Fze Posted at 6-26 07:54
I have been working with DJI support for weeks on this and another issue, which I posted about yesterday. I'll check the camera mount, and perform the IMU calibration, although I think I've done the calibration before. I'll report back. With so many people having this problem, you'd think DJI would know how to fix it. I've already burned a care refresh replacement on it, and sent the replacement and controller in for inspection. They said the Avata was fine, but charged me for a controller repair that did not fix either problem.

Mine changes tilt direction depending on heading. I've always thought it was tilting into the wind, but in my testing yesterday, it was level when the heading was not in the direction I thought the wind was coming from. I'll do the two things mentioned, do some more testing, and report back.

The camera mount looks fine, and I realized that it's highly unlikely that this is the issue, as I've had it replaced once, and I sent the replacement into DJI for inspection.

I calibrated the Avata IMU. It might have helped, as the tilt is less, but it could just be that there's less wind now. I turned on the horizontal gridlines so it's even better for determining the tilt than the center crosshairs that I've been using. Not that you need anything to notice the tilt when it's bad enough--it just looks horrible.

I'm going to give DJI the benefit of the doubt re: calibration, and calibrate everything on the Avata and goggles 2 that I haven't recently calibrated. The goggles IMU calibration is a pain, as it fails if you don't hold it exactly right in each position. The power cord and USB cable get in the way of one position, so I put it on a box or something so I can leave the cables hanging off the side, and hold it level on the box.
2023-6-26
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'd like to add another variant to the topic. After getting the Avata back from repair I flew it and the horizon is tilted to the left as well. I am a bit speechless at the moment and will try different things to resolve.

But the facts are:
- When on the ground the horizon is correct
- When flying in no wind, it is tilted approx 5°
- The Avata itself is level in the air, unlike in the original post's image, and that makes sense as there is no wind and the drone hovers in position perfectly
- All the rubber dampers are correctly mounted

It cannot be the camera as it is horizontal at start. It cannot be the drone itself as it is horizontal in flight. Yet the camera is tilted to one direction.

I ran the drone IMU calibration process but had no flight since then. Keep you posted.
2023-7-11
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I had just calibrated the aircraft compass ,imu ,googles ,mc2 and controller 2 stick calibration. Any thing on aircraft ,googles, and controllers that could be calibrated was done and had no tilt in any flight mode. But there was zero wind  and went through 5 batteries.
2023-7-11
Use props
djiuser_Pcd3gERWuSXP
New
Flight distance : 82356 ft
Singapore

I faced similar tilting issues on my Avata. Ive done latest updates, calibrate the IMU, Compass whatever but nothing works. The drone still tilt to one side under high wind velocity or even indoors. So, I finally did the FPV Controller 2 recalibration and yeah, the drone is finally stabilized!
1-26 20:34
Use props
fans0e5a6dc3
New

Mauritius

Hi, any updates on this issue?
I have a huge visible tilt of the avata and the video right after 1 month of usage. Calibration is not helping.
Did DJI confirmed this as a manufacturing defect? Or still no one cares?
2-14 10:55
Use props
fansdba05b67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 881237 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an Avata that has this same issue.
I have calibrated
Compass
IMU
IMU in the Assistant App
gimbal
goggles compass

I have done everything that I can think of and I am still tilting at about a 15-20 degree angle

THIS IS NOT FLYING IN THE WIND!!  
SO PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE WIND, THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE!!

This seems to have started since the last firmware update when remote ID was enabled

*also I am updated to the most recent firmware on everything*

I have built and flown drones for about 15 years now, so I know what I am doing

2-16 08:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Pcd3gERWuSXP Posted at 1-26 20:34
I faced similar tilting issues on my Avata. Ive done latest updates, calibrate the IMU, Compass whatever but nothing works. The drone still tilt to one side under high wind velocity or even indoors. So, I finally did the FPV Controller 2 recalibration and yeah, the drone is finally stabilized!

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue and we appreciate you for sharing the steps that you take to fix it. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2-16 23:20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans0e5a6dc3 Posted at 2-14 10:55
Hi, any updates on this issue?
I have a huge visible tilt of the avata and the video right after 1 month of usage. Calibration is not helping.
Did DJI confirmed this as a manufacturing defect? Or still no one cares?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the aircraft experienced a hard landing before? Please take a short video showing the behavior of the unit while hovering so we can check it further. We will wait for your response.
2-16 23:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansdba05b67 Posted at 2-16 08:28
I have calibrated
Compass

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for this inconvenience. Could you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please REFRESH the firmware of the aircraft then check if the issue persists? In addition, does the unit experience a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2-16 23:26
Use props
Plasticjoe
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I refreshed the firmware on mine and then tried flying it inside the office at work and it still has a tilt to it when flying.  It makes it irritating to have to deal with the tilt while navigating tight spaces
2-18 17:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Plasticjoe Posted at 2-18 17:16
I refreshed the firmware on mine and then tried flying it inside the office at work and it still has a tilt to it when flying.  It makes it irritating to have to deal with the tilt while navigating tight spaces

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you encounter this in Normal mode? If so, please try the procedures below:
1. Make sure that there is no strong wind in the flight environment.
2. Make sure that the GPS signal is strong in the flight environment.
3. Calibrate the aircraft IMU.
4. Calibrate the aircraft compass.
5. Calibrate the remote controller.
Please keep us posted. Have a nice day
2-18 20:55
Use props
Plasticjoe
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This is my post
I updated to a username that I typically use

I have calibrated
Compass
IMU
IMU in the Assistant App
gimbal
goggles compass

I have done everything that I can think of and I am still tilting at about a 15-20 degree angle

THIS IS NOT FLYING IN THE WIND!!  
SO PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE WIND, THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE!!

This seems to have started since the last firmware update when remote ID was enabled

*also I am updated to the most recent firmware on everything*

I have built and flown drones for about 15 years now, so I know what I am doing
2-19 18:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Plasticjoe Posted at 2-19 18:56
This is my post
I updated to a username that I typically use

I understand, If the issue persists after the above operations have been tried, please send the product back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2-20 00:11
Use props
djiuser_DTnWtdB9p9bw
New

Vietnam

djiuser_yqPyGYZI2Fze Posted at 2023-6-26 07:54
I have been working with DJI support for weeks on this and another issue, which I posted about yesterday. I'll check the camera mount, and perform the IMU calibration, although I think I've done the calibration before. I'll report back. With so many people having this problem, you'd think DJI would know how to fix it. I've already burned a care refresh replacement on it, and sent the replacement and controller in for inspection. They said the Avata was fine, but charged me for a controller repair that did not fix either problem.

Mine changes tilt direction depending on heading. I've always thought it was tilting into the wind, but in my testing yesterday, it was level when the heading was not in the direction I thought the wind was coming from. I'll do the two things mentioned, do some more testing, and report back.

Hey there!  Any resolution on this tilt issue?  I just bought my Avata a week ago.  5 flights in and I’m having the same problem.   
3-4 22:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DTnWtdB9p9bw Posted at 3-4 22:43
Hey there!  Any resolution on this tilt issue?  I just bought my Avata a week ago.  5 flights in and I’m having the same problem.

Hello there. We are more than glad to help. Please try the procedures above on reply 58# and keep us posted if you require further assistance. We appreciate your patience.
3-5 01:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules