1139 10 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All,
Here's some footage after the update, What do you guys think,

I think the trees seen at 0:58 and 2:45 are clearly over sharpened. Do you guys agree.
What do you guys think about the footage in general?

Thanks
2022-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hard to judge with the youtube compression all over the place.
2022-10-17
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-17 11:52
Hard to judge with the youtube compression all over the place.

I don't see an issue with the compression when comparing to my raw file on my pc. And irrespective of that, every video I make is for YouTube so that's what actually counts for me.
2022-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EpicTree Posted at 10-17 12:01
I don't see an issue with the compression when comparing to my raw file on my pc. And irrespective of that, every video I make is for YouTube so that's what actually counts for me.

My point is, that it is impossible to judge sharpness when the footage is presented via youtube.
There are so many factors that come AFTER the raw file that affect your footage.
The only way you can show what is going on, is by sharing a raw file via dropbox etc.
Otherwise you get something like this with heavy youtube compression. Especially in areas with lots of details this compression kicks in.
That is not the fault of any camera.

PS I'm not saying the footage is NOT over sharpened.
You might want to try the  D-Cinelike color profile, from what I have seen, that has less sharpening!
2022-10-17
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-17 12:07
My point is, that it is impossible to judge sharpness when the footage is presented via youtube.
There are so many factors that come AFTER the raw file that affect your footage.
The only way you can show what is going on, is by sharing a raw file via dropbox etc.

Ok thanks for explaining, I'll upload something to Dropbox or where I can tomorrow , also in general on YouTube, do you think the footage is good? In a more general sense as opposed to specifically sharpness
2022-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EpicTree Posted at 10-17 12:11
Ok thanks for explaining, I'll upload something to Dropbox or where I can tomorrow , also in general on YouTube, do you think the footage is good? In a more general sense as opposed to specifically sharpness

If I were you, I would also give the Cinelike color profile a go.
I personally like that one a lot on my DJI products.
It might need some color grading afterwards, as it has less contrast and saturation (that is the whole point of this profile, so it allows you to make those adjustments)

But other than that, it looks pretty ok to me. Just heavily compressed by youtube.

2022-10-17
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-17 12:15
If I were you, I would also give the Cinelike color profile a go.
I personally like that one a lot on my DJI products.
It might need some color grading afterwards, as it has less contrast and saturation (that is the whole point of this profile, so it allows you to make those adjustments)

I managed to upload my file to mega upload
heres the link
https://mega.nz/file/j7520TCC#Do ... YtL-QD2V1Auya9w3QzE

and i will try cinelike next time i go for drive to compare
2022-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EpicTree Posted at 10-18 01:29
heres the link
https://mega.nz/file/j7520TCC#DofQbZPt_LRZdQF6QHU3jQv6YtL-QD2V1Auya9w3QzE

Downloading as we speak!
2022-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EpicTree Posted at 10-18 01:29
heres the link
https://mega.nz/file/j7520TCC#DofQbZPt_LRZdQF6QHU3jQv6YtL-QD2V1Auya9w3QzE

I would say this looks pretty good around the trees considering this is a very small camera.

2022-10-18
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-18 01:53
I would say this looks pretty good around the trees considering this is a very small camera.

[view_image]

Thanks for the response, this makes me happy, ive been finding it difficult to manage my expectations since all these issues talked about on the forum, me being a newbie to these cams i dont have anything to directly compare so I felt like what if this result is not the best it could be, but theres been a few people now who said my camera looks like a good one not effected by the issue so i think im happy! will continue posting future adventures to the forum just for fun!

Thanks!
2022-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

EpicTree Posted at 10-18 02:07
Thanks for the response, this makes me happy, ive been finding it difficult to manage my expectations since all these issues talked about on the forum, me being a newbie to these cams i dont have anything to directly compare so I felt like what if this result is not the best it could be, but theres been a few people now who said my camera looks like a good one not effected by the issue so i think im happy! will continue posting future adventures to the forum just for fun!

Thanks!

No problem.
The biggest complaint I have heard is a close focus issue (the camera does not seem to focus well in close distance).
For most applications (action camera) this won't be a big problem.
And a general remark about forums like this : you will 'always' find more people complaining than people sharing their happy experiences.
That is just how this works on a forum.
People will come here because they have something to complain (usually) and try to find an answer (or just start screaming around that they are unhappy)
If you are happy with your work, that is all that matters
And with this type of footage, I would be happy!

2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules