Unusual Camera Hue
1076 10 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi folks, this has just started to happen and I hope it's something I can correct, tather than a faulty item.
For the last few days my DJI Mini SE has been recording video with a strongly blue cast. It's as though the reds and greens have been toned down.
I've had a look at all the handbook settings but can't find any way to change the colour balance, sensitivity etc of the (usually excellent) camera.
Please can anyone help?
Brian
2022-10-17
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

You should post an example of the colours.
It sounds as if you have chosen a wrong colour temperature in the settings. Usually you can choose between cloudy, daylight, auto and a few others. Try auto and see if it gets better.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brian. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video filmed using your DJI Mini SE for us to be able to see and can give out the best resolution for this issue? Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Stephen. Here (I hope) you'll see an uploaded .jpg showing an example. All the reds, greens and yellows should be
much brighter (more saturated?) than they are. ArcticPhoto's suggestion looks promising.

2022-10-18
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-17 08:50
You should post an example of the colours.
It sounds as if you have chosen a wrong colour temperature in the settings. Usually you can choose between cloudy, daylight, auto and a few others. Try auto and see if it gets better.

Thanks for that. I'll have another look at the handbook to see where the colour temperature settings are.
Brian
2022-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianLittlewood Posted at 10-18 02:34
Thanks for that. I'll have another look at the handbook to see where the colour temperature settings are.
Brian

If your colours appear too yellow or too blue, look at your white balance setting.
That's the same thing as colour temperature, but DJI don't use the term colour temperature in the app settings.

2022-10-18
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello everyone and thanks for all your help.
The problem is solved. I've found, with help from your comments, how to get into the right area on the DJI Fly screen to
change the settings to what's needed. I know I don't need to report to you what I''ve done,
but the following might be useful for others with the same difficulties.
My settings are now Res 2.7k, Frame Rate 30, ISO 100, Sutter Speed 1/60th sec and White Balance 5600k.
I made all the changes in Pro mode; but when I did a test the image was still too bright. Changing from Pro to Auto mode
brought the image back to what I had before. Fingers crossed for the future.
Haven't got a clue how the problem started, must have been an inadvertent settings change.
I'm still delighted with the DJI Mini SE.
Cheers, Brian
2022-10-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianLittlewood Posted at 10-21 09:12
Hello everyone and thanks for all your help.
The problem is solved. I've found, with help from your comments, how to get into the right area on the DJI Fly screen to
change the settings to what's needed. I know I don't need to report to you what I''ve done,

Changing  White Balance to 5600k will only help if the colour temp of the light when you are shooting is 5600°K.
The colour of light varies considerably from overcast conditions to blue sky and bright sun.
There is no one-size-fits-all colour temp solution.
Having a white balance setting inappropriate for your lighting conditions will always give you wrong colours in your images.
That's why you can adjust the white balance or use an auto white balance setting.
CT-1.jpg
2022-10-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-21 13:37
Changing  White Balance to 5600k will only help if the colour temp of the light when you are shooting is 5600°K.
The colour of light varies considerably from overcast conditions to blue sky and bright sun.
There is no one-size-fits-all colour temp solution.

When getting colors accurate is critical, I opt to use a color checker card such as Calibrite ColorChecker and associated image analyzer to generate color profile for conditions (lighting and lens).

Especially helpful when there is a mixture of light involved and objects reflecting abundance of one color.
2022-10-21
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 10-21 13:37
Changing  White Balance to 5600k will only help if the colour temp of the light when you are shooting is 5600°K.
There is no one-size-fits-all colour temp solution.

Thanks Labroides, your CT-1.jpg says it all. Rather than mess about for each flight, I'll see hoe the Auto White Balance goes.
2022-10-22
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 10-21 18:43
When getting colors accurate is critical, I opt to use a color checker card such as Calibrite ColorChecker and associated image analyzer to generate color profile for conditions (lighting and lens).

Especially helpful when there is a mixture of light involved and objects reflecting abundance of one color.

That looks reliable and simple. Thanks very much for the tip.
2022-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules