DJI Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Wiring
290 2 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larson_Rupp
lvl.1

United States

Hello! I am starting to get into drones, and recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard. It has the gimbal broken off, and I am trying to repair it. I am fairly knowleged in things like this, but I just want to make sure I am doing things correctly (as I am planning on selling it). The plastic bracket (the one mounted directly to the drone) broke and I have already ordered a new one, but I need help knowing what cables I need to purchase. There is a grey ribbon cable, a black wire, and a grey wire. I see where they all need to be connected on the gimal itself, but I guess I just don't know what to purchase when it comes to the single grey and black wires. I also saw that it is crucial to purchase DJI OEM parts for the grey ribbon cable. I can't seem to find one online though. Does anyone have a link to a cable that will work well? Also, the drone flew just fine a couple of times, but now it won't pair the controller to the drone. The rear lights stay solid red and the front lights flash yellow pretty rapidly. Will this problem be fixed by repairing and attaching the gimbal? I have tried many pairing strategies but none of them seem to work. The drone won't connect to the app either, but I haven't tried much to solve that. I'm hoping that fixing the wires will sort everything out. If anyone has any links to the parts or just any advise for this project, I would really appreciate it. I can also send a picture later if that would help at all. Thanks so much!
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Larson_Rupp. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Since we are having issues with the gimbal of your DJI Phantom 3 Standard.  It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the issue to avoid damaging the unit. Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

very frustrating.
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules