1784 8 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a theory on why there is no availability of the FPV Controller 2 anywhere. My theory is that DJI want to get a fix out for the Avata crashes we’ve been seeing before they let lots more people buy the controller which could cause more people to have the problem and claim for crashed drones…

Thoughts?
2022-10-17
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nope I was able to buy one in the middle of all the issues. My guess is there is a chip or materials shortage.
2022-10-17
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 10-17 10:04
Nope I was able to buy one in the middle of all the issues. My guess is there is a chip or materials shortage.

Would still have been availability in the supply channels at that point though.
2022-10-17
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

Interesting theory, wouldn't surprise me as you think they would have been able to get some controllers out in the market at this point. but who knows. I know there are lots of shortages on components in the world right now and they could be focusing on building Avatas and not not worrying about the controllers till the see some slowing sales on the drones...  
2022-10-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

why build a million rc2 when they [could be] almost finished with rc3?
i don't understand why anyone thinks dji is in the business of selling and promoting and profiting on accessories.

they have barely begun to sell drones alone starting with the avata and mini 3 pro.
2022-10-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

willstones, that may be the one of the reasons why the bundle is not forthcoming.

but i doubt a sw update for the avata is linked to rc2 supplies unless you are referring to as soon as they decide to bundle rc2 with avata then they are going to need a bunch of rc2; but until then.....
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there willstones. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 will be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... &from=store-nav . In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-17 13:20
why build a million rc2 when they are almost finished with rc3?
i don't understand why anyone thinks dji is in the business of selling and promoting and profiting on accessories.

have you heard anything about them releasing a RC3?
2022-10-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Josh Cheater Posted at 10-20 08:49
have you heard anything about them releasing a RC3?

i have not heard anything.

amending my statement above so there is no confusion...

"why build a million rc2 when they [could be] almost finished with rc3?"
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules