Phantom 4 v2 compatible with an iPhone 12pro?
764 5 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
177RG
lvl.1
United States

Ive been flying a Mavic Mini with the iPhone 12pro without issue but need a little more power so I bought the Phantom4. I am having serious connectivity issues.  I have tried updating and down down grading the firmware with the same issue. Is it even possible to operate a Phantom4 pro v2 with an iPhone 12?
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 177RG. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information with us. After checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that you are using on your new DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

2022-10-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is it even possible to operate a Phantom4 pro v2 with an iPhone 12?
The firmware version is irrelevant since there is no link between the drone and your phone.
What has to be compatible is the version of the app that you run.
Download the latest app version from DJI and you should be flying happily.
2022-10-18
Use props
177RG
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-18 22:51
Is it even possible to operate a Phantom4 pro v2 with an iPhone 12?
The firmware version is irrelevant since there is no link between the drone and your phone.
What has to be compatible is the version of the app that you run.

Thank you. I will check to make sure there is not a newer version of the app. I have since heard from many who operate a P4PV2 with an iPhone 12 without issue.
2022-10-19
Use props
177RG
lvl.1
United States

To be clear the link between the controller and the aircraft is intermittent.  Even from six feet away it cycles in and out.
2022-10-19
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Stored in app as long as they are not deleted.
2022-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules