DJI FPV doesn't Unlock in GeoZones
585 4 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Sire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292415 ft
United States

I've slowly been getting back into drone flying after a bit of a haitus, my new drone is actually a replacement after my first crashed a couple months back and I've only flown it once since. I have it connected and everything works.
However, a couple days ago I took it out to my usual spot after updating the Goggles, Drone, Controller and App and I got an unlock request from DJI FlySafe's site ahead of time like I usually have. Once I got there, set everything up and connected I tried to transfer over the unlock requests from my phone which was connected to the Goggles and it seemed to work, the app recognized the unlock requests and said that they were active. In the Goggles it kept giving me the "Unable to Take Off, in a GeoZone" message as it does. I tried restarting everything, reuploading the unlocks and to no avail.

The DJI app also states that I'll get an auto unlock request when I try to fly within the app, but you only get a POV shot in the app with no HUD that pops up asking you to request and Unlock like it used to do with my Mini 2. So right now I'm at a loss as to what I can actually try in order to get the drone off flying in my usual spot.

Why is this system so awful and cumbersome?
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We strongly recommend contacting our team at flysafe@dji.com for them to provide you with further information to isolate this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-17
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

drone-hacks . com will set you free from all this ... man, $50 bucks best money you ever spent, fly at any altitude at any location no phone needed
2022-10-17
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

My car doesn't care about no-go zones or speed limits. When you drive a vehicle, you are supposed to know and respect the law. In the EU, to fly that drone you need a license, everyone who passes the mandatory exams knows the altitude limits and flight zones, why is DJI, a Chinese company, putting all sorts of restrictions on their drones? No sense! Meanwhile, Mavic 2/3 and Agra are widely used for war on both sides, it doesn't seem to be a problem, but we recreational pilots are restricted and forced to crack the drone to have a device that can fly freely.
2022-10-18
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

FlyLow Posted at 10-18 01:07
My car doesn't care about no-go zones or speed limits. When you drive a vehicle, you are supposed to know and respect the law. In the EU, to fly that drone you need a license, everyone who passes the mandatory exams knows the altitude limits and flight zones, why is DJI, a Chinese company, putting all sorts of restrictions on their drones? No sense! Meanwhile, Mavic 2/3 and Agra are widely used for war on both sides, it doesn't seem to be a problem, but we recreational pilots are restricted and forced to crack the drone to have a device that can fly freely.

While I am sure you and many others are very responsible pilots, unfortunately, there are many idiots out there who don't respect regulations and restrictions.

It took just one idiot (who crashed a drone next to a ship in the port) to cause Carnival Cruise line (one of the two remaining which allowed drones) to permanently ban all drones to be brought on board a few months ago.

Even for cars, there are talks about drunk driving prevention technology being made mandatory in the future.

This is the necessary evil for the Chinese company to continue to sell recreational drones in many markets.   And they can also avoid many liabilities caused by hacked drones in restricted zones.
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules