Is there a longer lightning connector available?
767 3 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbf62966
New

United States

I just received my new DJI Mini 2. I was very excited to start using it, but not quite as excited with the reality of connecting everything. At first, my remote/iPhone would not pickup my Mini 2 and I was worried there may be something wrong. After some experimentation, I noticed that the lightning cable that connects the remote to my iPhone was going in at an angle and was barely in the lightning port at all. It was definitely not making good connection. So, I took my iPhone out of it's protective case and then it was easy to make a good connection and everything worked perfectly. Perfectly, assuming I want to go to the hassle of removing my iPhone from it's Otterbox every single time that I want to fly which, since I just got this new toy, is going to be almost daily. But having to continually take my phone out of it's case every time is ridiculous and completely un-user-friendly, to say the least. Is anyone aware of any aftermarket lightning cable that I can use that has a longer connecter, or doesn't have the bulky housing the original DJI cable has, that is preventing me from plugging in with the case?

Thanks.

2022-10-17
Use props
mbf62966
New

United States

I went looking around on Amazon and I guess this must be a common issue with all sorts of iPhone accessories not working with Otterbox cases. There were plenty of Lightning port extenders available. I ordered a 2-pack with reasonable reviews and looked to be of decent quality. I guess we'll see in a couple of days. Hopefully, this this just something that I can add to my Fly More kit and take it with me on the go.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots here with regard to a specific 3rd party lightning cable for your unit. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-17
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules