1548 6 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2JFCXczH3ek8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111230 ft
Singapore

Hi,
I got the DJI Avata in China but the manual mode is actually geo locked... It was confirmed by DJI service center.
I did all the activation in the goggle settings but when I switch to M mode, a little red error msg appear and the drone switches to N mode.
Any idea how to force/unlock the manual mode via some parameter tweak?
And, of course, DJI does not mention this restriction anywhere on the Website or Online shop. So frustrating...

Error msg in Chinese

Error msg in Chinese

DJI confirmation

DJI confirmation

2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above the DJI Avata CN version ( except for Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan ) does not support Manual Mode ( M Mode ) currently. Kindly please keep an eye out for subsequent compatibility plan. Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Grego
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 21:05
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above the DJI Avata CN version ( except for Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan ) does not support Manual Mode ( M Mode ) currently. Kindly please keep an eye out for subsequent compatibility plan. Thank you.

This is never shared and communicated that the Manual mode can be restricted depending on the Geo localization. DJI does not provide any sort of explanation about the reason...
It would be better to have a "limited M" with some sort of assistance or limitation in the angles because it is so so frustrating to have a FPV drone that stays "flat" all the time, especially the downward direction, in N or S Mode, the Avata is less reactive than a frisbee... Reaching max speed would be recommended too.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DJI Grego Posted at 10-17 22:43
This is never shared and communicated that the Manual mode can be restricted depending on the Geo localization. DJI does not provide any sort of explanation about the reason...
It would be better to have a "limited M" with some sort of assistance or limitation in the angles because it is so so frustrating to have a FPV drone that stays "flat" all the time, especially the downward direction, in N or S Mode, the Avata is less reactive than a frisbee... Reaching max speed would be recommended too.

Hi there DJI Grego. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. I will forward these infomrtaion to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Grego
lvl.1
France

Just to give you an update, the latest firmware update has removed the geo-restriction of M mode in China... Wow, full accro in the tea terrasse plantations...
2023-2-1
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Why there was this restriction? Due to some law over there? Of just, a DJI choice?
2023-2-4
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

DJI Grego Posted at 2-1 18:40
Just to give you an update, the latest firmware update has removed the geo-restriction of M mode in China... Wow, full accro in the tea terrasse plantations...

Anyone else can confir that?
2023-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules