You're welcome!
2022-10-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Interesting list of accessories that Rob came up with.  I guess his replacement Avata is flying much better than his first one.
2022-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-18 02:06
Nice find DA.    Interesting list of accessories that Rob came up with.  I guess his replacement Avata is flying much better than his first one.

Ive seeing more and more complaints about the avata,   some just falling from the sky for no apparent reason.
2022-10-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-18 05:33
Ive seeing more and more complaints about the avata,   some just falling from the sky for no apparent reason.

Seeing the same here.  Seems there needs to be a major firmware update done.  I've seen also where there is a motor replacement that seems to be working quite well.  Shame to have to swap out the motors on a brand quad though.
2022-10-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-19 03:16
Seeing the same here.  Seems there needs to be a major firmware update done.  I've seen also where there is a motor replacement that seems to be working quite well.  Shame to have to swap out the motors on a brand quad though.

I really wouldn't want to void the warranty doing the motor swap, and I guess the estimates for flight time are messed up.
2022-10-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-19 06:32
I really wouldn't want to void the warranty doing the motor swap, and I guess the estimates for flight time are messed up.

I just saw a video this morning where the motor swap doesn't fix the issue either.  
2022-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-20 04:07
I just saw a video this morning where the motor swap doesn't fix the issue either.

Really.  thats going to disappoint some of the people that have done it,  although they do say it flys better for it
2022-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-20 04:24
Really.  thats going to disappoint some of the people that have done it,  although they do say it flys better for it

More speed for sure.  
2022-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wasnt it fast enough already.  
2022-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-20 04:40
Wasnt it fast enough already.

Appears it wasn't fast enough for some die hard Avata pilots.  
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-21 03:10
Appears it wasn't fast enough for some die hard Avata pilots.

Mind you,  Im beginning to feel like the Mini3 is a bit slow (it isn't its me)
2022-10-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 03:16
Mind you,  Im beginning to feel like the Mini3 is a bit slow (it isn't its me)

Probably because you've flow it so much you are now accustomed to the speed and feel it has slowed down.  I had my Skydio 2+ out the other day and since I haven't flown it in a while it felt super fast since I last flew it but I know it hasn't got any faster.  
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-21 03:59
Probably because you've flow it so much you are now accustomed to the speed and feel it has slowed down.  I had my Skydio 2+ out the other day and since I haven't flown it in a while it felt super fast since I last flew it but I know it hasn't got any faster.

Yes I think your right.   It has been flown a lot,   Might be time to fly M2P for a bit.  
2022-10-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 04:01
Yes I think your right.   It has been flown a lot,   Might be time to fly M2P for a bit.

Getting out the M2P sounds like a good plan.  The M2 really was a winner for DJI.  
2022-10-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-22 04:31
Getting out the M2P sounds like a good plan.  The M2 really was a winner for DJI.

Sadly it won’t be today,   heavey rain and a lot of lightning.
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 00:35
Sadly it won’t be today,   heavey rain and a lot of lightning.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of indoor work to keep you busy.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 05:13
I'm sure you'll find plenty of indoor work to keep you busy.

Having a quiet day.  Bit of shopping, then new shoes for SHMBO’d and then a film this afternoon.   Then a nice roast beef to cook tonight.  How British is that.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 05:37
Having a quiet day.  Bit of shopping, then new shoes for SHMBO’d and then a film this afternoon.   Then a nice roast beef to cook tonight.  How British is that.

That sounds like a great way to spend the day.  I haven't been to a movie theater since way before the Covid pandemic.  In fact I still pretty much avoid restaurants.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 05:45
That sounds like a great way to spend the day.  I haven't been to a movie theater since way before the Covid pandemic.  In fact I still pretty much avoid restaurants.

Oh no.  We’re not going to a theatre.  We watched Vesper on streaming.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 06:20
Oh no.  We’re not going to a theatre.  We watched Vesper on streaming.

That's a much safer way to watch.  Here I thought you were headed to a movie theater.  

Recent data reveals that over 47% of all movie theaters didn't survive Covid and closed for good.  Over 36% of all mom and pop restaurants closed and will not reopen.  Really sad that this happened.
2022-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 06:51
That's a much safer way to watch.  Here I thought you were headed to a movie theater.  

Recent data reveals that over 47% of all movie theaters didn't survive Covid and closed for good.  Over 36% of all mom and pop restaurants closed and will not reopen.  Really sad that this happened.

I couldn't say what happened with our movie theaters but I have noticed several new restraints opening recently. Most of our survived as the government covered the salaries for people on furlough.
2022-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-23 22:05
I couldn't say what happened with our movie theaters but I have noticed several new restraints opening recently. Most of our survived as the government covered the salaries for people on furlough.

That was a great gesture on the part of the government.  

Ever since the pandemic hit the hospitality industries (hotels, restaurants) have all had troubles meeting hiring requirements.  I think many of the previous employees went into a different career field where they had a better chance of not losing their jobs or getting laid off for months at a time.  Can't say as I blame them.  
2022-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-24 03:19
That was a great gesture on the part of the government.  

Ever since the pandemic hit the hospitality industries (hotels, restaurants) have all had troubles meeting hiring requirements.  I think many of the previous employees went into a different career field where they had a better chance of not losing their jobs or getting laid off for months at a time.  Can't say as I blame them.

Same here,  I quite often walk past places that have staff wanted signs up.  I think a lot people like me choose to get out of the rat race.
2022-10-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 04:59
Same here,  I quite often walk past places that have staff wanted signs up.  I think a lot people like me choose to get out of the rat race.

It's nice that you were able to get out.  
2022-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-25 02:55
It's nice that you were able to get out.

Yes,   staying out is another matter.  
2022-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 03:40
Yes,   staying out is another matter.

Yeah, I didn't want to bring that up but seems you've been successful at staying out so far.  
2022-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-26 03:39
Yeah, I didn't want to bring that up but seems you've been successful at staying out so far.

So far so good,  I have had to change my life style a little,  but then covid helped with that anyway.  
2022-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 22:31
So far so good,  I have had to change my life style a little,  but then covid helped with that anyway.

I'm sure it was a bit of a life style change but then that is not always a bad thing.  Just need to re-prioritize some things and make the best of it.  Sounds like you've been successful at doing it.  
2022-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-27 03:45
I'm sure it was a bit of a life style change but then that is not always a bad thing.  Just need to re-prioritize some things and make the best of it.  Sounds like you've been successful at doing it.

So far so good.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Stay at it as long as SHMBO doesn't pitch a fit.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 03:33
Stay at it as long as SHMBO doesn't pitch a fit.

I thought a couple of times she would have. But so far I’ve been lucky on that front.  Probably because I run over to the MIL when needed.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 03:38
I thought a couple of times she would have. But so far I’ve been lucky on that front.  Probably because I run over to the MIL when needed.

Whatever works, keep it up.     Happy wife, happy life.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 04:16
Whatever works, keep it up.     Happy wife, happy life.

I’m sure she’d like that title.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 04:27
I’m sure she’d like that title.

I bet she would.

I haven't had to worry about the "wife" issue for over 20 years.  She was not a fan of the Navy or me being gone on cruises so often.  She used to mutter something about me being married to the Navy.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 11:38
I bet she would.

I haven't had to worry about the "wife" issue for over 20 years.  She was not a fan of the Navy or me being gone on cruises so often.  She used to mutter something about me being married to the Navy.

Lol.  I’ve been with her 20 years.   She’s well looked after in my will (she doesn’t have a will) but as far as I’m concerned it’s just an expensive piece of paper.  Maybe if there was a good financial reason I would do it on the quiet.
2022-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 11:47
Lol.  I’ve been with her 20 years.   She’s well looked after in my will (she doesn’t have a will) but as far as I’m concerned it’s just an expensive piece of paper.  Maybe if there was a good financial reason I would do it on the quiet.

As a seasoned lawyer I'd have to advise you to have both a living will (also known as a Advanced Directive) and a last will and testament.  Of course, laws in the UK differ from the US.  Here, without a will, things could go into probate for years and years.  

I'm sure you know this but I'll throw it out in case you don't know.

A living will (also known as an Advanced Directive) details your wishes with regards to your medical care in the event you should become put in a coma or persistent vegetative state, or are incapacitated in some other way that prevents you from communicating your wishes.  While the last will and testament details a person’s wishes for their property and assets after their death, a living will details that person’s wishes to doctors while they are still alive.  
2022-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 12:11
As a seasoned lawyer I'd have to advise you to have both a living will (also known as a Advanced Directive) and a last will and testament.  Of course, laws in the UK differ from the US.  Here, without a will, things could go into probate for years and years.  

I'm sure you know this but I'll throw it out in case you don't know.

I think our equivalent is called “power of attorney” (very American name). At the moment she wouldn’t have any benefit to that, at least that I can think of.  
2022-10-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules