rather wait and see Action 3
1105 13 2022-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As I rather not be  left withthe Action 3 sitting on the shelf, its  returned and noted to DJI via Bestbuy and most likely will be a open box item on their site.  I hope DJI gets the message that each return product will tell them to get their   hardware corrected, as many are purchasing and people think its an Amazon  and DJI pulling while they can not clearly see its people buying out the camera

Just how rumors get started

Be A Ware that he camera is a good purchase not for me when I already have actions ameras that sit and collect dust, back to the Hero 10! not what I like to do but OSmo Action I love and have and good enough for me!
2022-10-18
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

I was criticizing a lot because it's focus problem lately. But I must admit that I was really amazed by it's build quality when I got it.
It feels verry solid and durable. And the moving parts seemed well designed.

Really tried to love it so far. And even took it for a ride today again to make some new testfootage. But it's going back...

What I actually didn't liked today, is that it fills up a small SD-card pretty fast. Video files are pretty big, and that for 1080p. And besides that it's also storing aditional files, which can also grow pretty hard in size. Don't like that aspect either. But not sure if it had to do annything with my settings.
2022-10-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI can hide the additional file, will they  imagine all ask will they guess you have to ask here.
2022-10-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I am very pleased with mine
2022-10-20
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Well, I would like not only hide the files, the files itself are not the problem. But I would like not to have them stored. I already had a few GB's of files I don't use nor makes sense to me. File size of those files were growing quite quickly.

I noticed Akaso does something similar. But didn't paid attention to the file size of those extra files.
2022-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well bit rate is larger, and file size is always hidden its not going to be what we want, but what DJI  did
2022-10-20
Use props
Diceman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49528 ft
United States

I liked everything about it except the focus issue.  Its great that it can record in room temperature until the battery dies.  But I'll be returning it to Amazon and either wait for it to be fixed or get a hero 11.  Haven't decided yet.
2022-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally agree I am on theside lines, DJI wants my funds they will have to    win me back!!!!
2022-10-20
Use props
Fr4nk_C45tl3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Diceman Posted at 10-20 09:41
I liked everything about it except the focus issue.  Its great that it can record in room temperature until the battery dies.  But I'll be returning it to Amazon and either wait for it to be fixed or get a hero 11.  Haven't decided yet.

I'm in the same position...returning to Amazon tomorrow...and not sure whether to wait or get a GoPro although I really love the OA3 if not the issues. I might just wait and see.
2022-10-20
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Fishycomics Posted at 10-19 16:10
DJI can hide the additional file, will they  imagine all ask will they guess you have to ask here.

Well it;s not about the bitrate. I know that files will be bigger when bitrate goes up.

But it's about the extra *.LRF files it's creating.
On my camera it creates 1 *.LRF file for every *.MP4 file.

As an example, I now have an SD-card with 12GB of recordings (*.MP4) and the also an 1,5GB of extra created *.LRF files.
I'm pretty sure they're some database files of the *.MP4 files they belong to. But probably only used by the Action 3 itself. At least I see no use of using them because I can just play and edit the recordings as I wish.
And I think it's a waste of space if more then 10% will be used by files no ones is probably going to use.
2022-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rockel83 Posted at 10-20 13:14
Well it;s not about the bitrate. I know that files will be bigger when bitrate goes up.

But it's about the extra *.LRF files it's creating.

.LRF files are low resolution files used for playback in camera, and can also be used as proxy in some editors. If you rename them to .mp4 you can watch them
2022-10-20
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 15:13
.LRF files are low resolution files used for playback in camera, and can also be used as proxy in some editors. If you rename them to .mp4 you can watch them

Oh thanks for explaining. Didn't knew that. Thought that it were some files for the camera itself yes. But not that they were even used for playback.

Too bad, because it uses extra space you could use for actual footage. At least on my SD-card it was about 10%, and I think 10% is quite a bit.

It just can't handle the actual files itself? My old Sjcam only creates the *.MP4 files, which it's also capable of for playing back.
2022-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

because the App uses for editing that is one reason its on there, they again can  hide it. they chose not to .  I agree but its just how these companies run the show not us
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rockel83 Posted at 10-20 15:51
Oh thanks for explaining. Didn't knew that. Thought that it were some files for the camera itself yes. But not that they were even used for playback.

Too bad, because it uses extra space you could use for actual footage. At least on my SD-card it was about 10%, and I think 10% is quite a bit.

the lrf files are for playback so that camera will not do trancode for app or itself playback.

hidding the file also takes storage space.  it is shown so that you know it is there...

nice advise though.
we are thinking of an option to  lower the playback image quality so that those not care playback resolution can have smaller lrf files.

-------
For the product issue customer they meet,DJI support will get it solved.
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules