737 8 2022-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CodeWriter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16194 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought an Avata Pro View combo, it arrived today and I have done 4 flights in total. On the 3rd flight I had some unexpected behaviour.

I am using the Goggles 2 (not V2) with the motion controller. Using the goggles I selected the ‘audience’ setting as I wanted my partner to wear the goggles while I flew using the screen on my iPad attached to the goggles via a USB-C cable. The location was in my kitchen, where I performed the other 3 flights without issue. I used the lock button (pressing twice) to start the props spinning, then held the lock button to get the drone to takeoff and hover. Approx 15cm from the ground, the drone accelerated hard forwards and left until it reached a wall where it then proceeded to ‘flip’ itself against the wall. As I was not familiar with the controls and the drone was behaving erratically I pinned it to the floor with my hand so I could attempt to switch off, which I successfully did by holding the lock button again. The noise from the drone was like a very angry wasp. It is worth noting that except for using the lock button to start/stop the drone I provided no other button input, so from what I can tell there was no reason for this behaviour to happen.

I am now somewhat scared to fly in case this happens again. Is there any explanation for this behaviour?
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, CodeWriter. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the incident. Please be advised that since a crash/collision occurred, we have the option to send in the unit for proper assessment and data analysis can be applied to determine its cause. Rest assured that we'll send you the results once the assessment is complete. Please find this link https://dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav helpful in contacting our Product Support team for further assistance on the request. Thank you.
2022-10-18
Use props
lucianopacheco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2346 ft
Brazil

Im having exactly the same problem. After using the drone for a month without problem, it has crashed the last 4 flights due to this behavior. The thing is that I bought the avata while I was in vacation in the US and now Im back to Brazil and local DJI store says I have warranty only in the US?  After spending more than 2000 US$  on this drone !?!?!?!
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lucianopacheco Posted at 11-18 06:17
Im having exactly the same problem. After using the drone for a month without problem, it has crashed the last 4 flights due to this behavior. The thing is that I bought the avata while I was in vacation in the US and now Im back to Brazil and local DJI store says I have warranty only in the US?  After spending more than 2000 US$  on this drone !?!?!?!

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you understand that DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, you can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. For more details, you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-11-18
Use props
lucianopacheco
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-18 06:41
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you understand that DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability,  you can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. For more details, you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

How can I understand that I bought a defective product during my vacations and now I don´t have any support where I live, even though DJi have offices here in Brazil. Thats beyond logic.  Doing this, I can only post my videos e problems Im having with this drone so people dont fall in the same trap.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lucianopacheco Posted at 11-18 10:48
How can I understand that I bought a defective product during my vacations and now I don´t have any support where I live, even though DJi have offices here in Brazil. Thats beyond logic.  Doing this, I can only post my videos e problems Im having with this drone so people dont fall in the same trap.

We understand your concerns very well. We've forwarded them to the corresponding team and our team will contact you regarding this issue within working hours. Please wait for the update patiently.
2022-11-19
Use props
lucianopacheco
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 03:08
We understand your concerns very well. We've forwarded them to the corresponding team and our team will contact you regarding this issue within working hours. Please wait for the update patiently.

Ok. Thank you.
2022-11-21
Use props
lucianopacheco
lvl.1
Brazil

My email is  lucianopacheco@gmail.com
2022-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks. We will forward it to the corresponding team. Please wait for the email update patiently.
2022-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules