Video Range VS Flying Range
761 4 2022-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snook911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425180 ft
United States

I have to say being new to Drones but having done quite a bit of research I am still a little confused when it comes to this.  The included non smart controller that comes with the Air 2S has 4 antennas and the (lets hope) soon to be compatible DJI RC smart remote has (from what I understand) 2 antennas.  Does this have anything to do with flying range or Video Transmission range?  Just a newbie looking in 4 sounds better then 2, no?
2022-10-18
Use props
Snook911
lvl.3
United States

OK Duhh??  After relooking at the Air 2S features it looks the drone itself has 4 antennas to pick up the signal not the RC.  Any expectation on if using the DJI RC controller you will get better flying range then the standard RC.  Thanks!
2022-10-18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Do you want to fly very, very far? Do you have enough battery power to fly there, shoot and return?
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Snook911. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder to please fly your DJI Air 2S to a location with less interference and please make sure that the antennas or your DJI RC ( https://www.dji.com/rc?site=brandsite&from=nav ) are pointed toward the DJI Drone for optimal transmission as well. Thank you.

2022-10-18
Use props
Snook911
lvl.3
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-18 17:02
Do you want to fly very, very far? Do you have enough battery power to fly there, shoot and return?

Hello, I don't think I need to fly very very far but in some locations with my Air 2S I only get about 1300 ft. before the signal starts to get lost and that's with a range extender.  Just wanted to get some thoughts on whether or not range could be increased with DJI RC smart controller VS the standard RC.  
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules