Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

When Do you think it's coming out?
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 8 entry optional ), Total 14 people participate in voting
57.14% (8)
14.29% (2)
14.29% (2)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
14.29% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drey. I. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not any information with DJI's future product releases and with regards to this inquiry. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-10-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really hope to see it next month.
2022-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really hope that it comes out in November.  Looking forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it will be over the Pocket 2.
2022-10-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-20 03:28
Really hope that it comes out in November.  Looking forward to seeing how much of an upgrade it will be over the Pocket 2.

I also wanna see what is there to upgrade
2022-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I wonder whether either the covid situation in China, or the possible problems with the Action 3, might delay it beyond the November release which was widely pronounced some months ago.
2022-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If it does come out, I might be tempted.
2022-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 10-20 08:31

Exactly.  
2022-10-21
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 21:55
If it does come out, I might be tempted.

Don't think I will... I literally don't know what there is to upgrade from the Pocket 2... The Pocket 2 does/has everything u might and don't need.
2022-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drey. I Posted at 10-21 04:58
Don't think I will... I literally don't know what there is to upgrade from the Pocket 2... The Pocket 2 does/has everything u might and don't need.

I have some wishes.
But I agree the Pocket 2 is already quite good.
The problem is that my wishes will also make the device bigger and the size is one of the things I like about the P2.
2022-10-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

There are things that have room for improvement in Pocket 2, but maybe not so much that I would get the Pocket 3 just to get the "latest and greatest". As of now, I am mostly concentrating on getting accessories for the Pocket 2. Recently got the Controller Wheel and an Ulanzi stand with a tripod thread and side-mounted USB-C ports, and now awaiting for my Water-Proof Case and inserts to arrive. (Got those mostly with the forum points :-) )
2022-10-22
Use props
GoranBonn
lvl.2
Germany

Drey. I Posted at 10-20 08:31

For one, it could have real 4K60, and not upscaled 2.7K.
2022-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GoranBonn Posted at 10-22 06:40
For one, it could have real 4K60, and not upscaled 2.7K.

I thought DJI had put that one to rest in another thread - but which one?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/osmopoc ... t_2_4k_60p_is_fake/

2022-10-23
Use props
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 07:32
I have some wishes.
But I agree the Pocket 2 is already quite good.
The problem is that my wishes will also make the device bigger and the size is one of the things I like about the P2.

Agreed. They should make it a little bit bigger, use the sensor and gimbal in the DJI Miki 3 pro for vertical and better low light. Add a standard 3.5 mm mic input and add a screen at 2” or at least as big as the action 2 screen so it is usable.
2022-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RobCass Posted at 10-23 08:50
Agreed. They should make it a little bit bigger, use the sensor and gimbal in the DJI Miki 3 pro for vertical and better low light. Add a standard 3.5 mm mic input and add a screen at 2” or at least as big as the action 2 screen so it is usable.

Yeah, variable aperture, 1"sensor, bigger screen, dial for changing exposure values.
I will jump on that train asap.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pound for pound djis best value camera hope its remains a good price.
2022-10-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have to say that in a way, I hope it is significantly more expensive to reflect the value of a significantly better camera.  Bigger screen, bigger sensor, bigger swappable battery, all this will up the cost to make significantly.  If it is dumbed down to hit a price point, it may be a disappointment.
2022-10-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

The product needs a much larger screen, bigger sensor and the maybe optical zoom. The thing is i understand that the product got a wide angle lens for vlogging but that isnt cinematic anymore, it creates to much of an action camera look. The products needs some background blur / Bokeh and much better night performance. Actually why not put the 1 inch sensors of one of the drones on a gimbal. I guess DJI had such a product in the past, simply the normal version, like DJI Osmo standard size, not pocket
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-24 04:08
I have to say that in a way, I hope it is significantly more expensive to reflect the value of a significantly better camera.  Bigger screen, bigger sensor, bigger swappable battery, all this will up the cost to make significantly.  If it is dumbed down to hit a price point, it may be a disappointment.

I think and hope we see a 1” version slightly larger but as small as it can be. I also thing it may cost in the region of $600 and if its as pocketable and much improved cine camera I for one will buy it. Love pockets because people are not afraid of them.
2022-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I can see that keeping it pocketable addresses one requirement, but that might well be at the cost of other requirements.   I suspect people will want to see a larger screen, a larger sensor (and thus a larger lens), a larger removable battery (and DJI have said that a removable battery would have increased the physical size of the Pocket 2 somewhat), and so on, and that would mean a device which will need deeper pockets both in the clothing sense and the financial sense.  In fact, if the Pocket 3 is everything we would all like it to be, I earnestly hope that they won't call it the Pocket 3.  They made that mistake with the Action 2, which really had almost nothing to do with the Action 1 (unlike the Action 3, which did).  Hmmm.  "The DJI GimbalCam 1" maybe?
2022-10-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Putting two and two together and making four thirds... have a micro think about it...
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_JZK04KXPw7Un
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

When pocket 3 is expected? I am waiting for this moment since months. I hope this will have option for an external microphone.
2022-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_JZK04KXPw7Un Posted at 11-1 06:57
When pocket 3 is expected? I am waiting for this moment since months. I hope this will have option for an external microphone.

It's generally rumoured to be later this month.  The Pocket 2 can accept external mics via the handle, but not without.
2022-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-1 15:04
It's generally rumoured to be later this month.  The Pocket 2 can accept external mics via the handle, but not without.

One small clarification on that.

While it is true that you need external components to connect external microphones to the Pocket 2, at least AFAIK you could use the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C adapter besides the DIA Handle -  though the Handle is absolutely more convenient, as it allows you to use both the microphone and the tripod thread.

But this is probably some nitpicking, really.
2022-11-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I would imagine that the Pocket 3 will have the same USB-C audio input/output system that the Action 2 & 3 uses.
2022-11-3
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-3 13:17
I would imagine that the Pocket 3 will have the same USB-C audio input/output system that the Action 2 & 3 uses.

I think that's the best way
2022-11-3
Use props
Game Start
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Its been quite a long time I was expecting some news by now... lets hope they dont abandon it like they did with the pocket 2.
2022-11-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

We have to bear in mind that plans may have been disrupted by the current difficulties in China - covid restrictions and other matters have been having a significant effect on production generally - there's talk of a shortage of 20 million iPhones in the coming weeks!  I'm making no comment on these difficulties - this is not the place to do so - but merely pointing out that DJI managers may be even more frustrated than we are over Pocket 3 delays!  But who can tell...
2022-12-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

That could explain why we didn't see it on November. We'll see when it will come up. The component shortage and other delays in production is a commonspread problem as of now.
2022-12-1
Use props
d-j-s
New

United Kingdom

I dont think it will be out Pocket3 in 2022 and might no be either in 2023 -- why bother the Version 2 is selling so it could all be rumours that a version 3 even exist. On this basis just purched a Sony for vloging as dont wont to wait any longer
2022-12-3
Use props
JPW1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, what a bummer if the 3 isn't going to come out until 2023.  Just my two cents, but I've not been happy with the 2.  The 1 blew me away.  The 1 opened me up to 4K and the detail was incredible.  My only gripe was the narrow FOV, which was a major issue.  The 2 came out and somewhat fixed that, but with the wide angle lens it really gave you some flexibility so I was excited for that.  The only problem is with the 2 I found my image quality reduced.  The black levels weren't nearly as good as the 1 and so many of my shots just looked hazy compared to the razor sharp detail of the 1.  Yes, I could film in LOG and color code and do plenty of other things to improve the image, but I don't want to spend time on that.  I'm fine with the AUTO settings and I feel if they got the quality on the 1, it should have at least translated to the 2, but I don't see it.  This is why I'm hoping the 3 will be the one to really get it right.  Then I'll have all 3.  It's almost like DJI wants all my money.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_REWlIC0e4p0X
New

United States

With the focus issues the action 3 has had, they need to come out with the pocket 3 or I could see a lot of folks going with the GoPro 11 instead. People won’t wait forever.
2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_REWlIC0e4p0X
New

United States

Better do something soon. People won’t wait forever. And Christmas is closing in.
2022-12-6
Use props
GoranBonn
lvl.2
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-23 04:33
I thought DJI had put that one to rest in another thread - but which one?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/osmopocket/comments/wr1l6m/pocket_2_4k_60p_is_fake/

The 4k60 video is definitely upscaled and not native. There was a post somewhere here describing it as a limitation of the chipset, but I can't find it.

Here's my own test of a video shot at 4k30 (left) and 4k60 (right) - zoomed in to the middle of the shot. Notice that the image on the right is much more jagged and definitely looks upscaled to 4k resolution. Video is shot in battery saver mode, so noise reduction / motion bluring is disabled at both frame rates.

Screenshots were extracted from straight-from-camera MP4 using ffmpeg, taking first frame of video (using command ffmpeg-neon -i DJI_0239.MP4 -vf "select=eq(n\,0)" 4k30_screen.png)

Original 4k screenshots obtained that way:

2022-12-7
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A new Pocket 3 with the cam and gimbal from a Mavic 3 would be really amazing!
2022-12-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JustName Posted at 12-11 14:35

HAHA Good luck bro!!!!
2022-12-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

JustName Posted at 12-11 14:35

Then it is not Pocket 3 it is Backpack 3.

I also hope it won't be bigger sensor so suck even more battery power. We have also already too much that nonsense out of focus blur crap everywhere. Pointless to watch 4k HDR Ultra Sharp BLUR where only 10% of the image is in focus. That bokeh hype already ruined too much things. That bokeh is not even these days thing at all. I still have Fuji SLR camera from 80's with Tamron lens and many of the pictures shows a lot of DOF. It is just lens and light science. Then after 2010 we finally get 4k HDR TV and what people are doing? Making 90% of the image total blur. Just waiting to see square wheels for cars..

But anyways. Changeable IR lens would be useful and thermal sensor from mavic enterprise And some 1/1.7 VERY LOW like 12Mpx camera with huge pixels to see better in low light. That 16/64 is too much. 12 would be a lot better. Sad people always talking false about sensor size / low light. It is pixel size that matters not sensor size. Just like A7S3 has 12mpx with huge pixels to gain light.
2022-12-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Nov 29, 2018 - Osmo Pocket
Oct 20, 2020 - DJI Pocket 2

So maybe Pocket 3 now in December?
2022-12-21
Use props
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_rXyCnPdbQL6C
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Was about to get a Pocket 2 but hanging on as I heard the 3 is due any moment, still nothing? Should I hang on. Is the Pocket 3 imminent?
2022-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules