Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Files are cropped at 4GB - can I prevent?
1877 2 2022-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hello!

Are your video files also saved into multiple 4GB chunks? My SD card is formatted as exFAT which doesn't have this old limitation, and now I have to merge the videos back together and I just wanted to upload some of them onto YouTube.

(Now, YouTube doesn't have the merge functionality either).

I wish to know why is this limitation and also if there is a way, how can I have larger files or can I somehow adjust the bitrate limit of the current profile? I.e. I wish to keep 4K resolution, but I can drop the bitrate to save some space.

Thank you
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Danergo. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2022-10-19
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Thank you.

Is reducing the FOV reducing also the bitrate of the video? (Causing smaller files for the same length?)
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules