Enhancement suggestion/question about the Osmo Controller Wheel
1403 9 2022-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Some time ago, I ordered myself the Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel for my Pocket 2. It arrived on mail today, and after a small test I'll have to say the responsiveness and the tactile feel of the control wheel are splendid, it will be a great tool for controlling pan and tilt :-)

One question/suggestion did occur to me though when using it with the Pocket 2. I do know that the wheel was originally designed for the original Osmo Pocket, but I see no reason why my suggestion wouldn't work with the Pocket 2.

I would have loved the wheel even more if there was a chance to control the Pocket 2's digital zoom using the wheel itself. It was a slight disappointment to notice I didn't have that option, especially after I noticed a couple of things in the controller button/Pocket 2 menu layout.

First of all, I am slightly confused about why there is a separate button for switch the direction of the camera in the wheel, as the function is already available in the function button of the Pocket 2 itself (press three times to flip the camera over). It feels like a needless extra that could have well been remapped to switch between the tilt/zoom modes.

Also, the touch screen menu that opens by swiping the screen down from the top of the screen has a switch for this that actually doesn't work. When opening the top menu and navigating to the left-hand side of the menu, there is a tilt/zoom switch, but the only thing it does is making the touch screen zoom slider appear or disappear on the right-hand side of the camera preview. I would understand if the tilt slider appeared alternatively on the zoom slider's place, but it just doesn't. Also, it would be even more useful if the function switched between the wheel-control of zoom and tilt, but alas, it doesn't.

Even if these weren't used, there would have been a third option. When using the mini joystick controller, the joystick button allows both for switching between the stabilization modes and switching between the tilt and zoom, depending on how many times you press the button. I think this could have been implemented similarly to the controller wheel's stabilization switch button, but nope.

I would like to ask if this could possibly be applied through a update to the Pocket 2, Controller Wheel or both.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insights on this matter. These information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was tempted to get one myself too.
Especially if you could assign it to set camera settings (aperture, shutterspeed, iso)
That would make it a 'no brainer' for me.
Because it is a pain to set these now in standalone mode.
2022-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 23:06
Hello there HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insights on this matter. These information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Could you add 'control camera settings' to the list too?
(aperture, shutterspeed, iso)?
That would make the wheel much more powerful. Especially in standalone mode!
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 21:58
Could you add 'control camera settings' to the list too?
(aperture, shutterspeed, iso)?
That would make the wheel much more powerful. Especially in standalone mode!

Hi there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights on this matter. These information will be noted as well for further attention. Thank you.
2022-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 22:02
Hi there Montfrooij. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights on this matter. These information will be noted as well for further attention. Thank you.

Many thanks!
I hope they will be implemented
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 22:04
Many thanks!
I hope they will be implemented

Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 23:45
Hi there Montfrooij. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

I will for sure, thanks!
2022-10-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 21:58
I was tempted to get one myself too.
Especially if you could assign it to set camera settings (aperture, shutterspeed, iso)
That would make it a 'no brainer' for me.

That could be handy too, at least if they could implement it in a way that doesn't involve too many extra button presses.
2022-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-21 00:35
That could be handy too, at least if they could implement it in a way that doesn't involve too many extra button presses.

Yeah, I would imagine that the button cycles to the options (aperture, shutterspeed, iso, whitebalance etc.) and the wheel makes it change.
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules