HDR Support
2516 4 2022-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Does the DJI Avata have HDR video recording or HDR picture taking?  If so, where is it activated?  I don't find it in the camera menu.  If it does not, is there a way to have the camera settings so that it kind of emulates HDR?  Thanks.
2022-10-19
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I would love to help you here, but I'm really not sure what exactly you are asking. I say that because it does record in the goggles 2 and on the Avata. You can set it to record automatically as soon as you power the props or you can do it manually with the record button on the controller. Your record button may be in picture taking mode, to get to video mode, press and hold the record button for a second or 2 and you will see it change in the goggles and you will hear a beep to let you know it's in recording mode.

I hope that's what you are asking, but again, I'm not sure.
2022-10-20
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Most smartphone cameras have a camera feature called HDR (HIgh Dynamic Range) which produces images with enhanced coloring and lighting.  It is a simulated form of HDR trying to emulate an actual HDR camera which does HDR mechanically by taking several pictures.  Several of the DJI drones also have this feature, which can be enabled/disabled.  It is not clear through web searching if the Avata has this feature.  I find no toggle switch for it in the menus.  I'm just trying to confirm whether the Avata has this built into it's camera, and if so how to activate it.
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

rgp1942 Posted at 10-20 11:19
Most smartphone cameras have a camera feature called HDR (HIgh Dynamic Range) which produces images with enhanced coloring and lighting.  It is a simulated form of HDR trying to emulate an actual HDR camera which does HDR mechanically by taking several pictures.  Several of the DJI drones also have this feature, which can be enabled/disabled.  It is not clear through web searching if the Avata has this feature.  I find no toggle switch for it in the menus.  I'm just trying to confirm whether the Avata has this built into it's camera, and if so how to activate it.

HDR is always used in bright conditions, (most of the time), phones these days dont emulate it, they do it realtime with several images at different exposures. This creates a little but of lag but you dont notice that when shooting on a phone.
You would notice this processing if you would fly and it would take pictures.

Settings for images is waaay to limited for now anyway. Lowest shutter is 1/50. Way to high for low iso low light images.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules