Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

RiChaDo Posted at 10-20 04:40
How? on the dji fpv their is a option to select it

All of my video is h.264 as well.  I use Wide / Normal / RockSteady. My biggest complaint is that it splits the files into 3.77GB chunks for FAT32 even though the aircraft formats the card to ExFAT. Would like the files to not be split. Should set according to file system type.
2022-10-20
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

RiChaDo Posted at 10-20 04:40
How? on the dji fpv their is a option to select it

2022-10-20
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

The videos are recorded in H.264. But it would be nice to have a way to change it to H.265 but I'm not sure they can do that as it would require more processing.
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-20 06:30
The videos are recorded in H.264. But it would be nice to have a way to change it to H.265 but I'm not sure they can do that as it would require more processing.

According to his screenshot, its H265 (HEVC = H265) I havent checked my own files, I assumed he checked before posting...
2022-10-20
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Goggles 2 produces H.264 Avata onboard files, while Goggles V2 does H.265.
I first thought that was a hint about processing capabilities on "old powerful" GV2 compared to "new & light" G2, but recording is actually onboard, not in Goggles.  So I do not know
And yes, an option to choose wold be interesting!
2022-10-20
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

fredbotton75 Posted at 10-20 23:19
Goggles 2 produces H.264 Avata onboard files, while Goggles V2 does H.265.
I first thought that was a hint about processing capabilities on "old powerful" GV2 compared to "new & light" G2, but recording is actually onboard, not in Goggles.  So I do not know
And yes, an option to choose wold be interesting!

Can confirm I have Goggles 2 and have h.264 aircraft and goggle recordings.  The above comment proves the aircraft has the capability to record h.265, but the newer goggles do not have the option to tell the flight controller to do so?  Looks promising for a future firmware update.
Do the Goggles V2 record h.265 onboard the goggles?

FAQ states that the Goggles 2 can playback h.264 / h.265

faq2

faq2

FAQ only mentions h.264 for aircraft
Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 03.10.14.png

https://www.dji.com/avata/faq

2022-10-21
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

aoe2paladin Posted at 10-21 00:04
Can confirm I have Goggles 2 and have h.264 aircraft and goggle recordings.  The above comment proves the aircraft has the capability to record h.265, but the newer goggles do not have the option to tell the flight controller to do so?  Looks promising for a future firmware update.
Do the Goggles V2 record h.265 onboard the goggles?

thnx for the info hopefully they give this drone the needed update with H265 Option
2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

aoe2paladin Posted at 10-20 05:25
All of my video is h.264 as well.  I use Wide / Normal / RockSteady. My biggest complaint is that it splits the files into 3.77GB chunks for FAT32 even though the aircraft formats the card to ExFAT. Would like the files to not be split. Should set according to file system type.

Hi, Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4GB size. This is a normal phenomenon, please rest assured to use the product. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-23
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 00:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

fingers crossed it will create smaller files so I hope it will just be a firmware update away
2022-10-23
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Looks like those buildings didnt effect the signal then.  
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RiChaDo Posted at 10-23 00:43
fingers crossed it will create smaller files so I hope it will just be a firmware update away

We will surely keep you posted once we have some information with regards to the request. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 00:21
Hi, Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4GB size. This is a normal phenomenon, please rest assured to use the product. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This is incorrect information. The filesystem is ExFat, this means filesize can be a max of 16EiB (Exbibyte).
Just recording in larger files shoudnt be a problem.
What isnt bad, is that the files are cut into parts so if the drone crashes, you have still good files if the battery pops out or something else goes wrong that the last file-chunk get corrupted (which can still be recovered most of the time with some tools if the videofile wasnt "closed" correctly)

So yeah, it's not a bad choice, but since 4GB is about 4Mins of video, I would rather see an 8GB limit perhaps, or atleast a choice.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nees Posted at 10-24 21:03
This is incorrect information. The filesystem is ExFat, this means filesize can be a max of 16EiB (Exbibyte).
Just recording in larger files shoudnt be a problem.
What isnt bad, is that the files are cut into parts so if the drone crashes, you have still good files if the battery pops out or something else goes wrong that the last file-chunk get corrupted (which can still be recovered most of the time with some tools if the videofile wasnt "closed" correctly)

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules