Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Permanently in Underslung Mode?
4483 7 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I tried searching in this forum but have found no answer.
I have my RS3 Pro permamanently mounted in underslung so I can mount on my easyrig but I can't find a way to switch the gimbal so it faces the right way every time I boot up. Is there a way to permamanently have the RS3 Pro start up in underslung mode and facing the right way?
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
Please try to install it and place it in the corresponding position before turning it on.
And if there are any problems, please send us a related video, we will check the details and reply to you asap.
Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
djiuser_yAW4JKOgmgMX
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have precisely the same problem. I have hung the gimbal permanently in the Smallrig handheld ring (in combination with the power supply base plate), which comes with problems I thought are so basic that there should be a solution for it.

1. As said by OSMOPETE, the 'natural position' of the gimbal it that it points in the direction of the operator. When you flip it, the screen is at the other side when operating and that is just not an option. The only solution brought up by DJI is always shooting in 'selfie mode', which is quite annoying to do because the gimbal always turns back around.
2. The screen of the gimbal cannot be inverted. So if you're shooting in underslung mode as we do, you're looking constantly at a screen that is upside down, which also is very annoying.

These things seem so basic, I hope that there is a solution for it?
2022-11-2
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I gave up waiting for a solution and settled on having my Ronin mounted the right way up on the bottom of the SmallRig ring. It's annoying because the the gimbal position is too low when using with an Easyrig - great if all you're doing is torso shots

The biggest problem however is that the bottom of the power grip does not have two holes in it and regardless of how much you tighten it, it always ends up going loose on the mount - so stupid!!
2022-11-2
Use props
Waves
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yeah, using the gimbal the right way up is no option for us unfortunately. It's very inconvenient, and it would be a easy firmware update to invert the screen I guess? @DJI Natalia?
2022-11-11
Use props
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

Colleagues! I'm so glad I found all of you! I thought I was alone with this problem!
2022-11-16
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

*UPDATE*
I now also gave up on the SmallRig ring as well because it was too big and bulky. I ended up buying the smaller & lighter Tilta carbon fiber pro ring with remote handles (should have done this at the very start). This setup is so much better!!! Also the record button on the Tilta remote works every time versus the original and super expensive $750AUD DJI remote handle that often would not work causing me to miss 50% of takes and having to redo shots.
2022-12-26
Use props
SMB_OPS
lvl.1

Canada

In the settings menu, look for Rotation. This flips the screen so you can view it normally in underslung mode.
3-7 11:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules