Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mapping with DJI mini 3 pro
304 8 10-20 02:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aalestrup
lvl.1

Denmark

As I understand, the DJI mini 3 pro is not supported to various external software because the DJI mini 3 pro has not opened for that function?
When will we be able to use software like Map Pilot pro or dronedeploy etc. with the DJI mini 3 pro.

10-20 02:42
Use props
aalestrup
lvl.1

Denmark

mapping with DJI mini 3 pro when will this drone be made possible?
10-20 02:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 51421716 ft
United Kingdom

There's no ETA for the SDK to be released,   in fact its not clear if they will release it at all,   they have already dropped SDK support for IOS and from their SDK site it says -

"Currently, MSDK V5 only supports the M30 series, M300RTK and Mavic 3 enterprise series. It will support future products later but no old products."

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... er-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-

10-21 01:04
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.  Because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you has professional mapping requirements, We recommend purchase a DJI Enterprise product. Thanks for your understanding.
10-21 01:08
Use props
aalestrup
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 01:08
Hello, there.  Because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you has professional mapping requirements, We recommend purchase a DJI Enterprise product. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the answer

But It was a very disappointing message. After all, I have already bought a DJI Mini 3 pro and it is certainly not cheap, so you might think that all functions will be unlocked.
It is now certain that my next drone purchase will be much more considered. And of course other models than DJI are also included in the considerations.
But don't worry it will be years before I can afford to buy the next one. Therefore, it is also very disappointing that this drone does not have the functions needed for it to be used for anything other than flying up and down.
But again, thanks for the answer, even if it wasn't what I had hoped for.
10-21 04:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 51421716 ft
United Kingdom

aalestrup Posted at 10-21 04:29
Thanks for the answer

But It was a very disappointing message. After all, I have already bought a DJI Mini 3 pro and it is certainly not cheap, so you might think that all functions will be unlocked.

If you fly manually and take the shots with plenty of overlaps dronedeploy can still process them.  Here’s an example of drone deploy with mini 3 making 3d model.  

10-21 04:59
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

aalestrup Posted at 10-21 04:29
Thanks for the answer

We understand your feelings. We will record your requirements and forward them to our related department. Thanks for your understanding and support.
10-21 05:32
Use props
Chris225
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 05:32
We understand your feelings. We will record your requirements and forward them to our related department. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hello Wanda, please add my name to the list requesting this mapping ability. I could see not supporting it if the drone was a cheap drone, but it’s not. So please add me for consideration to that feature being developed. Surely a good design to keep loyal customers.
11-23 21:49
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Chris225 Posted at 11-23 21:49
Hello Wanda, please add my name to the list requesting this mapping ability. I could see not supporting it if the drone was a cheap drone, but it’s not. So please add me for consideration to that feature being developed. Surely a good design to keep loyal customers.

Hi, there. Thanks for your advice. We will forward it to our related department for evaluation.
11-23 22:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules