Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mapping with DJI mini 3 pro
12Next >
24227 41 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aalestrup
New

Denmark

As I understand, the DJI mini 3 pro is not supported to various external software because the DJI mini 3 pro has not opened for that function?
When will we be able to use software like Map Pilot pro or dronedeploy etc. with the DJI mini 3 pro.

2022-10-20
Use props
aalestrup
New

Denmark

mapping with DJI mini 3 pro when will this drone be made possible?
2022-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no ETA for the SDK to be released,   in fact its not clear if they will release it at all,   they have already dropped SDK support for IOS and from their SDK site it says -

"Currently, MSDK V5 only supports the M30 series, M300RTK and Mavic 3 enterprise series. It will support future products later but no old products."

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... er-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-

2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.  Because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you has professional mapping requirements, We recommend purchase a DJI Enterprise product. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-10-21
Use props
aalestrup
New

Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 01:08
Hello, there.  Because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you has professional mapping requirements, We recommend purchase a DJI Enterprise product. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the answer

But It was a very disappointing message. After all, I have already bought a DJI Mini 3 pro and it is certainly not cheap, so you might think that all functions will be unlocked.
It is now certain that my next drone purchase will be much more considered. And of course other models than DJI are also included in the considerations.
But don't worry it will be years before I can afford to buy the next one. Therefore, it is also very disappointing that this drone does not have the functions needed for it to be used for anything other than flying up and down.
But again, thanks for the answer, even if it wasn't what I had hoped for.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aalestrup Posted at 10-21 04:29
Thanks for the answer

But It was a very disappointing message. After all, I have already bought a DJI Mini 3 pro and it is certainly not cheap, so you might think that all functions will be unlocked.

If you fly manually and take the shots with plenty of overlaps dronedeploy can still process them.  Here’s an example of drone deploy with mini 3 making 3d model.  

2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

aalestrup Posted at 10-21 04:29
Thanks for the answer

We understand your feelings. We will record your requirements and forward them to our related department. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-10-21
Use props
Chris225
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 05:32
We understand your feelings. We will record your requirements and forward them to our related department. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hello Wanda, please add my name to the list requesting this mapping ability. I could see not supporting it if the drone was a cheap drone, but it’s not. So please add me for consideration to that feature being developed. Surely a good design to keep loyal customers.
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Chris225 Posted at 11-23 21:49
Hello Wanda, please add my name to the list requesting this mapping ability. I could see not supporting it if the drone was a cheap drone, but it’s not. So please add me for consideration to that feature being developed. Surely a good design to keep loyal customers.

Hi, there. Thanks for your advice. We will forward it to our related department for evaluation.
2022-11-23
Use props
Lmsegurado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446506 ft
Spain

please add my name to the list requesting this mapping ability. I could see not supporting it if the drone was a cheap drone, but it’s not. So please add me for consideration to that feature being developed. Surely a good design to keep loyal customers.
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_P81O280gN8xY
New

Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-10-21 05:32

Please also add me to the list. Mini 2 support but no mini 3 Pro, would love to have it for the 3 Pro also
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_P81O280gN8xY Posted at 1-14 14:26
Please also add me to the list. Mini 2 support but no mini 3 Pro, would love to have it for the 3 Pro also

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which function you are referring to?
2023-1-15
Use props
Lmsegurado
lvl.1
Spain

It refers to mapping like all those in this post. THANK YOU
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_k9URb4owVHHt
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-10-21 01:08

Considering the law it is convinient to use the mini for mapping in cities so i want to express my intrest in opening the sdk aswell!
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_k9URb4owVHHt Posted at 1-18 10:21
Considering the law it is convinient to use the mini for mapping in cities so i want to express my intrest in opening the sdk aswell!

We are sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Mavic series does not support the surveying and mapping function. DJI does not intend to add this function later.
The reason for this is that the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you have professional mapping requirements, recommend that they purchase a DJI Enterprise product.
2023-1-18
Use props
UsedJoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334131 ft
South Africa

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-18 23:06
We are sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Mavic series does not support the surveying and mapping function. DJI does not intend to add this function later.
The reason for this is that the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. If you have professional mapping requirements, recommend that they purchase a DJI Enterprise product.

Here is a list of drones supported by Map Pilot Pro:
Mini 2
Air 2
Air 2S
Air
Mavic 3 Enterprise (on M3E remote)
Mavic 2 (Pro, Zoom, and Enterprise - No SMART CONTROLLER support)
Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced
Mavic Pro
Phantom 4
Phantom 4 Pro * (v2 included)
Phantom 4 Advanced
Phantom 4 RTK
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Advanced
Phantom 3 Standard
Inspire 1
Inspire 1 Pro
Inspire 2
Matrice 100 (M100)
Matrice 200 (M200, including V2)
Matrice 210 (M210, including V2)
Matrice 210 RTK (M210RTK)
Matrice 600 (M600)
Matrice 600P (M600P)
Autel EVOII ( no "V2" support)

In the list, you'll find multiple Mavic series drones.
These Mavic series drones support the surveying and mapping function, otherwise they would not be compatible with Map pilot pro.
Why would these drones support the surveying an mapping function, but not the Mini 3 Pro?
2023-1-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

UsedJoe Posted at 1-19 09:45
Mini 2
Air 2

We are sorry for that. This is a third-party application. DJI Mavic series does not support the Mapping function. We have mentioned the reason above.
The official DJI Apps can be found here:  
https://www.dji.com/downloads
Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-1-20
Use props
Lmsegurado
lvl.1
Spain

at least release the sdk, so we can use other programs.
2023-1-20
Use props
fans8b9a1476
New
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

UsedJoe Posted at 1-19 09:45
Mini 2
Air 2

Thank you for this, I have a spark and wad very disappointed to find I couldnt find any EXIF data on my photos. I was looking to buy the Mavic 3 to do so. Now Im not sure if I will.

2023-1-22
Use props
fans8b9a1476
New
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-20 00:57
We are sorry for that. This is a third-party application. DJI Mavic series does not support the Mapping function. We have mentioned the reason above.
The official DJI Apps can be found here:  
https://www.dji.com/downloads

Ive been mapping with the Mavic series for years now. I hope you all release the ability to use other softwares with the Mavic mini 3 so we can continue to do so. I am needing a new unit to map but I dont know what to do now. I might have to go elsewhere to find what I need if DJI doesnt allow mapping with mavics anymore. Which is very disappointing because I love DJI products
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans8b9a1476 Posted at 1-22 05:47
Ive been mapping with the Mavic series for years now. I hope you all release the ability to use other softwares with the Mavic mini 3 so we can continue to do so. I am needing a new unit to map but I dont know what to do now. I might have to go elsewhere to find what I need if DJI doesnt allow mapping with mavics anymore. Which is very disappointing because I love DJI products

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed with our designated departments.
DJI Mini 3 Pro does not offer SDK currently. Please stay tuned to our official channels for further updates.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
2023-1-23
Use props
djiuser_qDU5QyI8jJqd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

But this can be done with the mini 2, so why can I not do this with the mini 3 pro?

It is meant to be a superior drone but it has limitations exceeded by it's predecessor...it's a backward step
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_qDU5QyI8jJqd Posted at 1-30 10:35
But this can be done with the mini 2, so why can I not do this with the mini 3 pro?

It is meant to be a superior drone but it has limitations exceeded by it's predecessor...it's a backward step

Kindly know that the DJI Mavic series drone can not support the mapping function, nor does DJI Mini2.
We are sorry that we are unable to offer technical consultancy for third-party software or applications.
Currently, DJI Mini 3 Pro does not offer SDK. Please stay tuned to our official channels.
2023-1-31
Use props
Dronedreas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-31 00:19
Currently, DJI Mini 3 Pro does not offer SDK. Please stay tuned to our official channels.

Does this mean that the SDK is coming or not? We have seen conflicting responses in these forums. The SDK would be incredibly helpful, and certainly expected on a "Pro" product.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dronedreas Posted at 2-9 01:58
Does this mean that the SDK is coming or not? We have seen conflicting responses in these forums. The SDK would be incredibly helpful, and certainly expected on a "Pro" product.

Currently, we do not have the information on when to roll out SDK for DJI Mini 3 pro. Please stay tuned to our website for further updates.  
2023-2-11
Use props
trigauts
lvl.1

France

While you could hide behind this argument for the Mavic Mini 3 Pro, (and apologies to go slightly off topic) it is a fact that the Mavic 3 Pro does not offer native mapping support while the Mavic 3 Enterprise does.

This is purely a software limitation as the hardware of these two drones is virtually the same. It is a shame that DJI is closing off consumer drones to mapping features and stopped releasing SDKs to third parties. DJI has even gone so far as to remove consumer features from the Enterprise drone in case of the Mavic 3 (4K 60 fps video, hyper lapse, ...). So if you buy the more expensive drone, you don't have all consumer features. If you want both feature sets, you need to buy two <1K drones which are exactly the same!

Also, I do appreciate your time and effort to respond on these forums but I am very curious to hear which requirements the Mini 3 Pro lacks that the Mavic 3 Pro/Enterprise have and would be necessary to offer mapping support.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

trigauts Posted at 3-30 11:26
While you could hide behind this argument for the Mavic Mini 3 Pro, (and apologies to go slightly off topic) it is a fact that the Mavic 3 Pro does not offer native mapping support while the Mavic 3 Enterprise does.

This is purely a software limitation as the hardware of these two drones is virtually the same. It is a shame that DJI is closing off consumer drones to mapping features and stopped releasing SDKs to third parties. DJI has even gone so far as to remove consumer features from the Enterprise drone in case of the Mavic 3 (4K 60 fps video, hyper lapse, ...). So if you buy the more expensive drone, you don't have all consumer features. If you want both feature sets, you need to buy two

As we explained, the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 series, and DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise have different hardware and design. Currently, DJI  Mavic series drones cannot support such a professional function. DJI does not intend to add this function later.
2023-4-2
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

The DJI Mini 3 Pro is a small drone with a high-quality camera that can capture stunning aerial footage. Mapping with the DJI Mini 3 Pro is possible, but it requires additional software and tools to turn the images captured by the drone into accurate maps and models.

Here are the steps to follow to map with the DJI Mini 3 Pro:

Plan your flight: Determine the area you want to map and plan your flight accordingly. Choose a flight path that covers the entire area and ensures that the drone captures images with adequate overlap.

Set up your drone: Before flying, ensure that the drone's firmware is updated and that the camera is set to capture images in the correct format and resolution.

Fly the drone: Fly the drone along the predetermined flight path, making sure to capture enough images to cover the entire area. Take care to fly the drone at a consistent altitude and speed to ensure accurate results.

Process the images: Once you have captured the images, you need to process them using mapping software. There are several mapping software options available, such as Pix4D, DroneDeploy, and Agisoft Metashape. These software packages use photogrammetry techniques to turn the drone images into 3D models and maps.

Analyze and interpret the results: After processing the images, you can analyze the maps and models generated by the software to gain insights into the area you mapped. You can use the maps to identify land features, measure distances and volumes, and even detect changes over time.

In summary, mapping with the DJI Mini 3 Pro is possible, but it requires additional software and tools. Follow the above steps to map with your DJI Mini 3 Pro and gain valuable insights into the area you mapped.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_tbttXrLaFapG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275942 ft

United States

DJI has released their MSDK 5.3.0 which adds support for the Mini 3 Pro. How long do we think it would take to add in support?  https://developer.dji.com/doc/mobile-sdk-tutorial/en/
2023-4-11
Use props
Lmsegurado
lvl.1
Spain

thanks for releasing the mini 3 pro sdk.
When can we install app on dji rc controller?
2023-4-11
Use props
Visible Aspect
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So I bought the Mini 3 Pro advertised as an advanced drone, the Mini 2 is advertised as an entry level drone, yet the mini 2 is available to use on other apps but still even though the SDK has been released this is not possible on the Mini pro 3 yet?

Any ideas on how long this will be?

from a commercial point of view this seems nuts as everything in the advert for the drone on DJI points towards it being advanced just like the enterprise range which is over 5x higher in price.

dont get me wrong if the business makes enough money that will be my next purchase and probably the same for many other people but for simple 3D mapping and imaging should have been in already.
2023-5-12
Use props
fans2c556dcf
lvl.1

United States

Dronedreas Posted at 2-9 01:58
Does this mean that the SDK is coming or not? We have seen conflicting responses in these forums. The SDK would be incredibly helpful, and certainly expected on a "Pro" product.

Agree the SDK release is needed. It is the only thing that has kept me from upgrading my mini 2 to a mini 3 pro, since the LICHTI app is a must have companion app from my perspective. I am not sure how you market a "new and improved" version of something with decreased functionality and higher price. Maybe DJI has a reason not to release the SDK and if they made that known, the customer base would find this decision to be a bit more rational. Until then, my credit card stays in my (e-) wallet.
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lmsegurado Posted at 4-11 22:48
thanks for releasing the mini 3 pro sdk.
When can we install app on dji rc controller?

Hi, Lmsegurado. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, installing 3rd Party app on DJi RC is still not supported but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential.Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Visible Aspect Posted at 5-12 11:54
So I bought the Mini 3 Pro advertised as an advanced drone, the Mini 2 is advertised as an entry level drone, yet the mini 2 is available to use on other apps but still even though the SDK has been released this is not possible on the Mini pro 3 yet?

Any ideas on how long this will be?

Hi, Visible Aspect. Both Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro supports Mobile SDK. For more information, please go to this link: (https://developer.dji.com).
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans2c556dcf Posted at 7-10 23:49
Agree the SDK release is needed. It is the only thing that has kept me from upgrading my mini 2 to a mini 3 pro, since the LICHTI app is a must have companion app from my perspective. I am not sure how you market a "new and improved" version of something with decreased functionality and higher price. Maybe DJI has a reason not to release the SDK and if they made that known, the customer base would find this decision to be a bit more rational. Until then, my credit card stays in my (e-) wallet.

Hi, fans2c556dcf. Mini 3 Pro now supports Mobile SDK. For more information, please go to this link: (https://developer.dji.com).
2023-7-11
Use props
JFFIDELIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10296850 ft
  • >>>
Guadeloupe

hello, what if I use the Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC PRO? Wil I then have the possibility of programming a waypoint mission for basic grid mapping?
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JFFIDELIN@HOTMA Posted at 7-17 12:28
hello, what if I use the Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC PRO? Wil I then have the possibility of programming a waypoint mission for basic grid mapping?

Hello, there. The Waypoint function does not associate with which remote controller you are using but with the drone itself. DJI Mini 3 Pro does not support this function.
2023-7-18
Use props
djiuser_lS9yDjgFxsSp
New

United States

Why is th mini 2 supported for mapping but not the mini3 pro? Wasted money again
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_lS9yDjgFxsSp Posted at 11-4 10:02
Why is th mini 2 supported for mapping but not the mini3 pro? Wasted money again

Sorry about the inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your patience and great support.
2023-11-14
Use props
Rambo232
lvl.1

Russia

Once again, can we expect waypoints  and mapping capabilities on mini 3 pro?
3-20 23:51
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules