Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice Technical Support
2207 15 2015-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

To begin with I would like to say Im no stranger to DJI. My fleet contains 2-Phantom 2 vision plus, 3-Phantom 3, F550 with A2 and Lightbridge and the newest addition to the fleet is the Brand New Matrice 100.

I suggest you all do more research before spending base 3400.00 USD for an item which you will not receive support for once it breaks or becomes defective.

To begin, right out of the box the RC for the Matrice 100 required a firmware update. It would not accept the firmware update leaving me in a situation unable to fly my new bird. Because if I fly the unit without the proper firmware, I am responsible if anything goes wrong. Ok, so i contact support (which by the way, is located in China) Matrice support is handled strictly by the dev.support team located in China. You only receive support VIA email, and it is in a horrible broken English and its clear they have a hard time understanding me as well.
after 2 weeks of emailing them about this issue I have gotten no help. Litterally, NO HELP. This is a brand new unit, never flown. And it looks like it may never fly.

Second, as i was installing the X3 camera and preparing for when I could fly, the battery went from 98% charged to 3% in seconds and the dji GO app reported "Critical Power Warning" WTF?
So i plug it up to the wall charger included with the Matrice 100..........and nothing. It will not charge. It is however reporting VIA the LED's on battery that it is overcharged.

Do i dare try and contact support? Of course I do. Ive spent close to 4500 USD on a piece of carbon fiber i can fit in the dishwasher.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT PURCHASING THE MATRICE 100. WHETHER ITS A GOOD PRODUCT OR NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET SUPPORT WHEN ITS NEEDED.

OH AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH DJI, SUPPORT TAKES AT MINIMUM 6-8 WEEKS. THIS IS NO JOKE, THIS IS REAL, YOU WILL WAIT 6-8 WEEKS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE LITTLE TO NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROCESS. AND MANY PEOPLE REPORT OF RECEIVING THERE PRODUCT BACK WITH NO REPAIR TAKEN PLACE.......JUST A BROKEN UNIT, NO EXPLANATION.

I know it may seem like Im down on DJI, Im not, but before you spend 3400 USD you should know what you are getting!                                               

2015-8-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Foodtosoil.  I can assist you as I have a Matrice that is fully functional and I can understand your frustration.  You can contact me at edward.windham@dji.com.  The update for your Tx is the current Inspire 1 bin.  We can also discuss your battery.  I have two and other than one that was not encrypted, I have had no issues.  Let me know and I can assist.
2015-8-11
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

I got the firmware updated. Check this post out, at the end Aviator Smashes it with a slam dunk and fixes the problem. Still working on battery issue
Aviators Slam Dunk Resolve of Firmware Issue
2015-8-12
Use props
ldeco58148
New

United States

I hear you. I have my matrice 100 and the top plate and gimbal mount in nothing like what is on line.
2015-8-12
Use props
ldeco58148
New

United States

No help from anyone.
2015-8-12
Use props
ldeco58148
New

United States

I did get a rma from California. Holding my breath.also used  PayPal as backup
2015-8-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

foodtosoil@gmai Posted at 2015-8-13 01:36
I got the firmware updated. Check this post out, at the end Aviator Smashes it with a slam dunk and  ...

I am glad it worked for you, however, it was not specifically meant for the Matrice and could have bricked the Tx worse than before.  Did you upgrade the M100 firmware by the App?  
2015-8-12
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

sorry about you bad experience...Did you solve the problem yet?
2015-8-16
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

ldeco58148@aol. Posted at 2015-8-13 08:30
I hear you. I have my matrice 100 and the top plate and gimbal mount in nothing like what is on line ...

Yes. The Matrice top plate is much different than the  One shown in the manual. The X.3 camera and gimbal connector will still work with it however. Best of luck on any of your repair issues. i'm still working on somebody to take my battery back after almost 3 weeks. Unfortunately you will not get quick service.
2015-8-17
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-13 12:21
I am glad it worked for you, however, it was not specifically meant for the Matrice and could have ...

I'm am not sure if I have. It has not worked since the old app. So I would guess not. There were no FW updates available for the Matrice before then, right. There are no packages online under downloads.
2015-8-17
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-17 12:25
sorry about you bad experience...Did you solve the problem yet?

RC is fixed. Thanks to Aviator and the battery, well........going on three weeks and I just got an email this morning.

-—
Dear customer,

This is Tim from DJI after sales. I will follow your case.
If you want to get a new battery and the remote controller, you should ship the old one to DJI China first. When we get the old one, we will ship you the new one ASAP.
According to our policy, you should pay for delivery fee. And DJI will pay for delivery fee to you. If you agree with this, please tell me. I will give you the shipping address. Thank you for your patience, have a nice day.
2015-8-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

foodtosoil@gmai Posted at 2015-8-17 22:02
RC is fixed. Thanks to Aviator and the battery, well........going on three weeks and I just got an ...

Have you call DJI LA.  I am not sure why you would want to send it to China if you could send it to LA instead.  However, your choice.
2015-8-17
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-18 13:57
Have you call DJI LA.  I am not sure why you would want to send it to China if you could send it t ...

I called LA first. They said they could not exchange or fix. Said I must contact Dev support in China. Going on 4 weeks now and no battery. Its really disappointing.
2015-8-22
Use props
foodtosoil
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-18 13:57
Have you call DJI LA.  I am not sure why you would want to send it to China if you could send it t ...

I called LA first. They said they could not exchange or fix. Said I must contact Dev support in China. Going on 4 weeks now and no battery. Its really disappointing.
2015-8-22
Use props
Uaviation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1632106 ft
Australia

ldeco58148@aol. Posted at 2015-8-13 08:30
I hear you. I have my matrice 100 and the top plate and gimbal mount in nothing like what is on line ...

Hi Ideco58148,

I have the same issue with the top plate and gimbal plate.

Unlike the illustrations in the manual and the video, there is no cut-out on the top plate to mount the gimbal through. Simply four vibration mount cut-outs. This means that you need to either make the cut-out yourself (voiding all warranties no doubt), or mount the gimbal plate upside down (unsafe and less effective as the vibration mounts should be compressed not stretched).

Any help would be appreciated.

DJI - how about publishing a guide to installing the new gimbal tray on the new Matrice 100 top tray?
2015-8-24
Use props
georgemann
New

United States

Uaviation Posted at 2015-8-24 23:20
Hi Ideco58148,

I have the same issue with the top plate and gimbal plate.

I also have the new version of the Matrice top plate. Here is a link to the new manual showing the new hardware:
Version 1.4 Manual
I ended up mounting the gimbal to the bottom of the top plate and wasn't able to use the fancy metal cover that came with the gimbal mount plate.  The cables were also upside down for me, so they have a twist in them that makes the rubber dampers ineffective.  It seems like this new hardware revision was not well thought out.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules