Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC231 Controller Dead
1596 8 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drama
lvl.1

Nicaragua

Hi,

I have a new Air 2s I got as a gift. I've had the drone for months but never got the chance to fly it. About one month ago I recharged the controller at night and by the next morning it was dead. It doesn't respond at all. I followed every single instruction out there as to what I should do but nothing worked. I charged the controller with the original charger.

The reason why I didn't send it for repair is that I'm in Costa Rica. I called technical suport and they told me they have no repair service in Costa Rica. Only in Canada and USA. Is it true that there is no service in Costa Rica? If so, how do people who purchase drones here claim their warranty if they have any issue?

The other question I have is about warranty. They told me it's one year "from the date of activation". Is this true? Because in my case the activation date was months after the purchase date on the invoice. And one year from the purchase date is coming soon. If anyone could confirm that, I would appreciate it.

Also, are issues with RC231 controllers normal? I never flew the drone, I only used the controller to activate it (basically turn it on on a table).

Thanks!
2022-10-20
Use props
Drama
lvl.1

Nicaragua

The last question is, where do I buy another controller? Because I didn't find it in the DJI website, and I need to buy one (delivered to Canada) ASAP while I send mine for warranty service.
2022-10-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought spare controllers on ebay, I have had one RC231 die but it was bought as suspect and not charging and my messing with it may have completed the kill.
To be honest, unless it is going to be handled as a warranty issue, I would ask for a quote for the repair cost to be given before you say yes to the repair.  
When I got mine on ebay they weren't that expensive but I haven't looked at recent prices.
2022-10-20
Use props
Drama
lvl.1

Nicaragua

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-20 11:26
I bought spare controllers on ebay, I have had one RC231 die but it was bought as suspect and not charging and my messing with it may have completed the kill.
To be honest, unless it is going to be handled as a warranty issue, I would ask for a quote for the repair cost to be given before you say yes to the repair.  
When I got mine on ebay they weren't that expensive but I haven't looked at recent prices.

Yeah, I thought that DJI would sell replacements for those controllers. I didn't find my model on their website and the agent I spoke to didn't know if they have those for sale either. Apparently they are more interested in selling the pricier models.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the controller died without having any real use. I didn't even fly the thing. Unbelievable.
2022-10-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Amazon U.S. has them. Canada also, but $100 more for some reason. Same seller.
https://www.amazon.com/RotorLogi ... 5-8bc7-93deae8f9840
2022-10-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RCN1 is the same thing I believe, try a search for that.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if there is a light on the battery indicator when you press the power button on the controller or when you charge it? In addition, yes we only have an authorized repair center in US and Canada and the warranty can only be applied within the same region or country where you purchase the product. Lastly, you may access the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller for your DJI Air 2s. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2022-10-21
Use props
Drama
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-21 21:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if there is a light on the battery indicator when you press the power button on the controller or when you charge it? In addition, yes we only have an authorized repair center in US and Canada and the warranty can only be applied within the same region or country where you purchase the product. Lastly, you may access the link below for you to possibly purchase a remote controller for your DJI Air 2s. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores

Hi, yes, actually it's very inconvenient not to be able to claim the warranty while I'm travelling abroad. I inquired with a shipping company to ship the controller to Canada but it's so expensive that it doesn't make sense.

The lights don't turn on at all... even if hold the power button or charge it overnight.

Thank you for the link. I will keep calling other shops to see if they have stock.
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Drama Posted at 10-22 16:01
Hi, yes, actually it's very inconvenient not to be able to claim the warranty while I'm travelling abroad. I inquired with a shipping company to ship the controller to Canada but it's so expensive that it doesn't make sense.

The lights don't turn on at all... even if hold the power button or charge it overnight.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. You may process the warranty claim once you come home, you may directly contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules