11532 213 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So a simple poll let's see what people think. The question is the question if you don't like it start your own over complicated poll
Single SelectVote, Total 71 people participate in voting
22.54% (16)
61.97% (44)
15.49% (11)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-10-20
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

I only just got mine, so I voted "On the fence."  I'm hoping to do some testing and comparisons this weekend.  I have a couple different external mic adapters and even some various strength diopter lenses coming that I'll be playing with.
2022-10-20
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

I might be one of the first buyers after release .

OA3 has very good features , very good UI , very good production quality, battery life and so on. I am impressed with it. In time it will be better performing beast with new upcoming fw updates BUT when the focus issue(s) are fixed for us as buyers.
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Interesting results so far and not what I was expecting
2022-10-20
Use props
Bazzafox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20551 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had mine just over a week and so far am very impressed with it. As far as the close focus issue goes, I’m not a pixel peeper and like what it produces so that’s all that counts for me.
2022-10-20
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

If I had to guess, I'd say that even putting the focus issue aside, people were probably hoping for an image quality bump.  It got a battery life boost, better image stabilization and a few new features.  And in terms of image quality, it arguably has better colors than the Action 1.  Certainly all good things.  But compared to the Action 1, it also lost some features, like HDR, face exposure mode and the option for MOV file format.  It also gained a much wider angle lens, which is probably a big plus for some.  On the other hand, the detail and dynamic range seems to be very similar to the four year old Action 1, if not a step behind in detail.  And for those who like and prefer the de-warp mode, it now has to deal with far more distortion, so there are more compromises than before, albeit at the gain of a wider viewing angle.  So while I think it could be a good camera, or even a great one for some people/uses, I can also see why some people may be disappointed.

Another small reason I'm "on the fence" is that my mount rattles.  Yes, it is definitely latched all the way in.  The camera can wiggle just enough on the mount that it makes a little clicking that you can feel and hear.  It may not be subjected to enough vibration for that to make noise in use for me, but we'll see.
2022-10-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not a matured camera maybe two years it will get resolved sorry
2022-10-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

osmonauta Posted at 10-20 15:45
"Another small reason I'm "on the fence" is that my mount rattles."

See this (including the reference links in my 1st post):

hi osmonauto , I shall reply the rattle thing in your thread
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

If he didn't have a focus problem, didn't have a quick-release adapter mount issue, if he had 10-bit profile and the gyro data in the recorded videos my vote on a scale of 1 to 10 would be 11.
But at the moment I give it a 3.
So the current survey result is what I would have expected, even if too few have voted at the moment, maybe there will be an upheaval.
2022-10-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

What is gyro data and why do you want it
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Also you can correct errors in post production, I have shown that for example "Horizon Balance" of the OA3 is not so accurate.
In post production with gyro data it can be corrected easily, without it being difficult.
In the final part of my video we see that the horizon of OA3 is busted, many diagonally.

2022-10-20
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Are the moderators now censoring opinions?
Great, thanks, a sign of transparency.
2022-10-20
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Fishycomics Posted at 10-20 16:01
not a matured camera maybe two years it will get resolved sorry

I'm guessing, that oa3 will get some nye glasses +3 maybe
2022-10-21
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

My vote is - NO
I just returned mine adventure combo and get my money back...
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

For me it is all about the memories and story that you record. It is not about perfection, pixel peeping or post production. Nothing is perfect. The trick is to learn that your glass is half full and never half empty. Be happy with what you have and generally you will be happier. Her is a video I took all on the action 3 and am quite happy with it. I am sure those with a half empty glass will seek to make me less happy with it than I am now

2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Kamen666 Posted at 10-21 01:03
My vote is - NO
I just returned mine adventure combo and get my money back...

How much did you use it and for what.

Please tell me you did not buy just to try
2022-10-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-20 22:36
What is gyro data and why do you want it

Gyro data is information from how the camera have moved during recording and with some software you can make the footage more smooth than any stabilization in camera can do.

Here I made a short video with gopro shooting without any stabilization and after stabilization using gyro data information

2022-10-21
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 01:38
How much did you use it and for what.

Please tell me you did not buy just to try

NO, its not only for test, I sold my great Action 1 to buy this faulty camera... when I saw the quality and lack of focus... I  was very upset, start looking on the web and realize that almost everybody has same problem..
2022-10-21
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 01:37
For me it is all about the memories and story that you record. It is not about perfection, pixel peeping or post production. Nothing is perfect. The trick is to learn that your glass is half full and never half empty. Be happy with what you have and generally you will be happier. Her is a video I took all on the action 3 and am quite happy with it. I am sure those with a half empty glass will seek to make me less happy with it than I am now

https://youtu.be/l7_jH3Ba0qw

I would never want to take away someone's satisfaction with a product.  If you are happy with yours, that's great.  Don't give that up.

However, if a product is limited by an unintended flaw, I'm all for that flaw being found and fixed, so the product can be better for everyone.  Also, everyone has different tastes and preferences.  Just as nobody should be able to take away your satisfaction with the Action 3, nobody should be able to insist that others ignore a focus issue if it bothers them.
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 22:15
If he didn't have a focus problem, didn't have a quick-release adapter mount issue, if he had 10-bit profile and the gyro data in the recorded videos my vote on a scale of 1 to 10 would be 11.
But at the moment I give it a 3.
So the current survey result is what I would have expected, even if too few have voted at the moment, maybe there will be an upheaval.

Only an” idiot “would have bought the A3 if he wanted gyro data and 10 bit. None of these features have been openly advertised and a small amount of research would have found this out. Considering the price was so much lower than Go Pro 11 it was obvious that it would not have the spec. So only idiots would be voting for something that is very obviously not there.
2022-10-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Mke up your own decision and that is why a 14-day return i offered, pass it up the rest is history.  

I wait and see if a real sale hits soon on this at Retail $329.99 and issues, time will tell?  Lowest price the OA went down was $283.99, and on Sale a few months later of release was $299.99

good luck in your choice?

FISH
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 03:28
Only an” idiot “would have bought the A3 if he wanted gyro data and 10 bit. None of these features have been openly advertised and a small amount of research would have found this out. Considering the price was so much lower than Go Pro 11 it was obvious that it would not have the spec. So only idiots would be voting for something that is very obviously not there.

Ahhh but I see that you are proactive here too, top!
And give it to me is virtual friend, don't get begged!
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

johansenfoto Posted at 10-21 01:40
Gyro data is information from how the camera have moved during recording and with some software you can make the footage more smooth than any stabilization in camera can do.

Here I made a short video with gopro shooting without any stabilization and after stabilization using gyro data information

Beware that someone here has called an idiot to those who would like gyro data, which I had intended as a future feature like 10-bit.
PS: nice result!
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 04:02
Beware that someone here has called an idiot to those who would like gyro data.
PS: nice result!

Again more ignorant lies. I can only refer to you now as a Liar. I said only an Idiot would have bought a OA3 if he “WANTED” Gyro data and 10 bit. Simply because none of these were advertised, and most folk looking for these would simply have checked this out before buying. That makes perfectly good sense.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 04:10
Again more ignorant lies. I can only refer to you now as a Liar. I said only an Idiot would have bought a OA3 if he “WANTED” Gyro data and 10 bit. Simply because none of these were advertised, and most folk looking for these would simply have checked this out before buying. That makes perfectly good sense.

So who buys a product hoping they implement two things that if you read the forum posts asked are idiots hoping for it?
My negative rating is absolutely for everything I have written, also for the absence of gyro data and 10-bit, since they are software implementations that, at least the first, do not require computational skills and can be implemented easily.
The absence of a feature is also voted negatively, whether one buys the cam or not.
But if you don't understand it it doesn't surprise me at all.
2022-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 04:24
So who buys a product hoping they implement two things that if you read the forum posts asked are idiots hoping for it?
My negative rating is absolutely for everything I have written, also for the absence of gyro data and 10-bit, since they are software implementations that, at least the first, do not require computational skills and can be implemented easily.
The absence of a feature is also voted negatively, whether one buys the cam or not.

You need to read what people are writing, and quote accordingly. You seem to be extremely loose with the “TRUTH” and this goes for almost all your posts.

Its simple if anyone wanted Gyro data or 10 bit OA3 should not have been their choice and if they needed them then yes buying OA3 is idiotic.
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 04:48
You need to read what people are writing, and quote accordingly. You seem to be extremely loose with the “TRUTH” and this goes for almost all your posts.

Its simple if anyone wanted Gyro data or 10 bit OA3 should not have been their choice and if they needed them then yes buying OA3 is idiotic.

You should reread yourself, you are tremendously nice and absolutely convincing.
Long life...
2022-10-21
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Not happy with it...
Got it last monday, made some tests. And even my €60 SJcam out of 2016 showed more detail in synchronized recordings. Going to send it back tomorrow.
I've noticed that the overal ratings on Amazon are also dropping verry rapidly, all mentioning the same sharpness/ focus problem. I think DJI missed the ship clearly here...

And I really hoped for a good camera or a proper solution. But for now (to me) it seems that so far all the 08/2022 09/2022 batches are the same. They made the wrong choise making people believe it can be solved by firmware updates (which I believe can not). They've started to wlk this path, and because of this I don't have much trust that this problem will be solved with newer batches. Because you simply can't roll out the same firmware (containing compensations for the "bad" camera's) forr all of the camera's.

Build quality is amazing btw, it feels extremely solid and well designed. Because of this I would have liked it much, if there was not this focus/ sharpness issue.
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Kamen666 Posted at 10-21 02:40
NO, its not only for test, I sold my great Action 1 to buy this faulty camera... when I saw the quality and lack of focus... I  was very upset, start looking on the web and realize that almost everybody has same problem..

I am very very pleased with mine
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

BigTB Posted at 10-21 03:03
I would never want to take away someone's satisfaction with a product.  If you are happy with yours, that's great.  Don't give that up.

However, if a product is limited by an unintended flaw, I'm all for that flaw being found and fixed, so the product can be better for everyone.  Also, everyone has different tastes and preferences.  Just as nobody should be able to take away your satisfaction with the Action 3, nobody should be able to insist that others ignore a focus issue if it bothers them.

Many would not have noticed it if others did not point it out. What does that tell you
2022-10-21
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 08:06
I am very very pleased with mine

That's the most important thing! And not let you lead by others opinions there then

Overall build quality is actual verry impressive.
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

There will be thousands of happy customers in the real world most people only come on here to complain
2022-10-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-21 08:16
There will be thousands of happy customers in the real world most people only come on here to complain

Thanks for the survey, honestly, I forgot to do it, it's interesting.
2022-10-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

There will be thousands of happy customers in the real world most people only come on here to complain

For people shooting in only 1080p they will not see any difference, but for most others that shoot in 4K there is problems with softness (lack of focus).

Hehe why did you suddenly moved to Spain on your profile here? I still says UK on your first post
2022-10-21
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

There will be thousands of happy customers in the real world most people only come on here to complain

But what's the purpose of making a poll like this then on a place where, like you say yourself, people only come to complain?
The results would have been obvious from that perspective already
I'm actually happy for the people who are satisfied with it, and I really wished I was also one of them.
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

johansenfoto Posted at 10-21 08:44
For people shooting in only 1080p they will not see any difference, but for most others that shoot in 4K there is problems with softness (lack of focus).

Hehe why did you suddenly moved to Spain on your profile here? I still says UK on your first post

It’s to do with which Router I am using I am in Spain at the moment well Lanzarote. Obviously you did not watch any of the videos I posted which is fine but if you did you would know
2022-10-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-10-21
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced