Are you pleased with your Osmo Action 3
11643 213 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FMscKiSROmO3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’m happy now after that latest update , it’s content rather than over scrutinising the quality . I used it for a hike in the lakes and generally it was no worse than my GoPro   https://youtu.be/iapKdCyp2YI
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-20 23:36
Are the moderators now censoring opinions?
Great, thanks, a sign of transparency.

2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 10-21 08:44
For people shooting in only 1080p they will not see any difference, but for most others that shoot in 4K there is problems with softness (lack of focus).

Hehe why did you suddenly moved to Spain on your profile here? I still says UK on your first post

I think if you go back to release of A1 osmo pocket 1/2 Action 2 . Mini 1/2 Mavic2 you will read about the complete over sharpening particularly from film makers like Phillip Bloom amongst many, who believe and rightly so over sharpening footage to the degree of making you recordings like American soap operas or the Lego movie. Now DJI have introduced a softer much more cinematic with great colours footage and yes in focus, we now have the great pretenders foisting their over bearing opinions on everyone else. With tests that make no sense all tests made to show you cannot get correct focus at exactly 30cm shooting photos. The very same people have completely ignored anyone who has posted great in focus correct colours much more pleasant video than we see from GoPro 11. And reviewers being called Liars cheats if they happen to have a unit that works fine for them. Many many hypocrites on this forum. I’m glad this thread is a bit more in touch with reality.
2022-10-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DELETED
2022-10-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post has been deleted.
2022-10-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 10-20 17:33
Not a "matured" camera"? What are you talking about? Humans been designing lenses for ages. You can even get a PhD in optics - if you want to design lenses. How many years these PhD candidates need to "mature" a lens design? They don't use pencils and papers any more. It's all done by software so it's gotta be very precise.

what you re you replying, to force someone to like your comment

as said its not yet matured and will take time get over the 30cm issue you got
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Fishycomics Posted at 10-21 03:37
Mke up your own decision and that is why a 14-day return i offered, pass it up the rest is history.  

I wait and see if a real sale hits soon on this at Retail $329.99 and issues, time will tell?  Lowest price the OA went down was $283.99, and on Sale a few months later of release was $299.99

Buying just to try and sending back is morally wrong
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-22 11:10
I think if you go back to release of A1 osmo pocket 1/2 Action 2 . Mini 1/2 Mavic2 you will read about the complete over sharpening particularly from film makers like Phillip Bloom amongst many, who believe and rightly so over sharpening footage to the degree of making you recordings like American soap operas or the Lego movie. Now DJI have introduced a softer much more cinematic with great colours footage and yes in focus, we now have the great pretenders foisting their over bearing opinions on everyone else. With tests that make no sense all tests made to show you cannot get correct focus at exactly 30cm shooting photos. The very same people have completely ignored anyone who has posted great in focus correct colours much more pleasant video than we see from GoPro 11. And reviewers being called Liars cheats if they happen to have a unit that works fine for them. Many many hypocrites on this forum. I’m glad this thread is a bit more in touch with reality.

Well said and spot on
2022-10-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-22 11:15
Seriously? Many people wouldn’t have noticed an out of focus camera? I guess that must be because of the twice written to me ….. ‘it’s an action cam and you don’t notice if you use as one’.

I guess action cam people don’t need great focus then, so mine went.

So if it has gone why not leave this forum as you clearly have nothing to add…………. Bye Bye
2022-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-22 11:19
No Action cam is close to ‘cinematic’. Osmo we’re deflecting. They shouldn’t put out silly statements like that.

None so blind as those who cannot see.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 597&pid=2883945
2022-10-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-10-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-10-23
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

'Great, a sign of transparency.'
2022-10-23
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-22 11:58

To bring something unfinished to the market is "morally wrong"!
To promise people that they buy a non overheating, great product and not delivering it is "moraly wrong"!
To ask the high price for that product is "moraly wrong"!

But the wrongest is to tell others whats wrong and what isn´t. That´s why i accept your opinion on that!
2022-10-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-22 11:58

lend me your funds, if it works for me again I'll repay you, wait the keyword now is TRUST do you have trust in the camera being fixed and getting a new one, think not DJI is aware and the awareness is hardware, wh yI said Return.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zeno22 Posted at 10-23 03:22
To bring something unfinished to the market is "morally wrong"!
To promise people that they buy a non overheating, great product and not delivering it is "moraly wrong"!
To ask the high price for that product is "moraly wrong"!

Unfortunately the need for new stuff in this throw away society has left many tech companies to release completed products as well as the need for these companies to keep their products up to date.

Where is the TV repair man these days
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 04:41
Unfortunately the need for new stuff in this throw away society has left many tech companies to release completed products as well as the need for these companies to keep their products up to date.

Where is the TV repair man these days

Products are actually not completed if they need updates... (security updates are an other thing ofcourse)
And that's actually the big problem with a lot of so called tech companies these days. Just strickt holding on release deadlines, rolling products out "that kinda work" and trying to fix or make them perfect on the flow, with updates.
20 years ago products were "perfect" or as intented on release, because there was no option to improve anny further "over the air".
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-23 06:02
Products are actually not completed if they need updates... (security updates are an other thing ofcourse)
And that's actually the big problem with a lot of so called tech companies these days. Just strickt holding on release deadlines, rolling products out "that kinda work" and trying to fix or make them perfect on the flow, with updates.
20 years ago products were "perfect" or as intented on release, because there was no option to improve anny further "over the air".

People have come to expect updates on all their tech products. SW & FW updates are common practice and will be into the future and it’s debatable whether this is driven by consumer or creators or both , but thats life as we know it now.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My first buy was an Action1 ; great cam BUT no remote controller available
So i bought a Action2 ; remote controller available !

Action 3 : no remote contoller available.

Action cams are great use on a motorcycle....but how the f**k do i switch it on/off with winter gloves if the cam is mounted on top of my helmet??

So as long as there is no remote controller i will not buy a action 3 cam.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

JJB* Posted at 10-23 07:06

It will also work for you from OA2, I saw a video on YT. Connecting via BT approx. 30 seconds.
2022-10-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

MarcoR Posted at 10-21 04:02
Beware that someone here has called an idiot to those who would like gyro data, which I had intended as a future feature like 10-bit.
PS: nice result!

Do you honestly Think DJI cares about your views
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

StevoB Posted at 10-23 07:22
It will also work for you from OA2, I saw a video on YT. Connecting via BT approx. 30 seconds.

from OA2 ?? so not understand your saying...
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It does have voice prompt. So switch on , start video, stop video, make the coffee ;+) actually it works a lot better on the 3 than it did on 1. Not 100% like Alexa yet . But it is an option and very mobile.
2022-10-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

JJB* Posted at 10-23 07:27
from OA2 ?? so not understand your saying...

2022-10-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Probably not what you are looking for. Sorry.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 07:34
It does have voice prompt. So switch on , start video, stop video, make the coffee ;+) actually it works a lot better on the 3 than it did on 1. Not 100% like Alexa yet . But it is an option and very mobile.

It's a nice feature yes, tried it out and was surprised how well it worked.

It's a verry cool feature, but not really helpfull on the motorcycle as intended for this person. Because of the helmet and windnoise. And somes people like to put this camera's out of reach on the motorcyle, to create specific views or shots.

You should stop over to make voice control work then, but when stopped over I can also remove my gloves and activate the camera physically.
But you can't holp up everywhere on the way (highways etc.), and you don't want to record the whole ride on the boring highway because there's no other way or moment of turning on the recording.

So yes, a remote controll would have been a verry usefull feature next to voice control and this goes for a lot of "action sports". It's still an action cam afcourse.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

StevoB Posted at 10-23 07:44
Probably not what you are looking for. Sorry.

Well, but it shows it's possible to pair and control remotely. So possibly other remotes shoul work the same aswell?

Here it shows that it's a seperate remote pad?

Not sure if it's the same selfie stick here?
So it means you could use it without the stick. Only need to find a place to controll it from then. Steer mounts or wrist bands should be great for such a remote pad then. They should be easy to design to enlarge the usergroep of this. I could imagine that they're even on the marked already. Otherwise designing and 3D print one would have been a great option I think
2022-10-23
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Or use an old unnecessary mobile phone as a remote control via DJI Mimo. The mobile phone can be in a power bank, charger...
2022-10-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just take gloves on, that's what I always do with my lovely OA1 or hated gopro

Again with gopro it is even hard without gloves because buttons are so hard to press down compared to my lovely OA1.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-23 08:08
It's a nice feature yes, tried it out and was surprised how well it worked.

It's a verry cool feature, but not really helpfull on the motorcycle as intended for this person. Because of the helmet and windnoise. And somes people like to put this camera's out of reach on the motorcyle, to create specific views or shots.

I presumed when he said he couldn’t control it without taking his gloves off that he was stopped or stopping, but I don’t suppose its that easy to press buttons on a RC while driving.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

StevoB Posted at 10-23 08:45
Or use an old unnecessary mobile phone as a remote control via DJI Mimo. The mobile phone can be in a power bank, charger...

That's a good alternative too yes! Could be even your regular phone, since a lot of drivers will also have steer mounts for their phone. But you should need gloves which can be used on touchscreens then.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 09:07
I presumed when he said he couldn’t control it without taking his gloves off that he was stopped or stopping, but I don’t suppose its that easy to press buttons on a RC while driving.

Completely depends on the remote. A lot of action cam remotes have these wristbands included, to carry it as a watch. This could be possible. Most drivers will know how to safely leave the left handle for a sec. and they could press a button on the left wrist then.

And it should be even possible to strap it around the steer this way too, so this way they could keep their hands on the steer. I think there should be some options to press a button on a remote (if it's not too small, because of the gloves) while driving.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-23 09:27
Completely depends on the remote. A lot of action cam remotes have these wristbands included, to carry it as a watch. This could be possible. Most drivers will know how to safely leave the left handle for a sec. and they could press a button on the left wrist then.

And it should be even possible to strap it around the steer this way too, so this way they could keep their hands on the steer. I think there should be some options to press a button on a remote (if it's not too small, because of the gloves) while driving.

Theres a huge button on top of the A3 and it will start recording immediately and you can set a time to start and stop, also a good option.
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job I never realised i use this my OA2 just paired it and it works great.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 07:34
It does have voice prompt. So switch on , start video, stop video, make the coffee ;+) actually it works a lot better on the 3 than it did on 1. Not 100% like Alexa yet . But it is an option and very mobile.

cool feature    guess my motorcycle makes to much noise to use voice prompt!

2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 10:03
Theres a huge button on top of the A3 and it will start recording immediately and you can set a time to start and stop, also a good option.

Well yes, I think people are aware of that. But it's not verry helpfull when the camera is mounted out of reach on the motorcycle.
And it's not verry usefull when your camera is mounted on the helmet, so out of sight, and you need to search blindly for this camera and button while driving. And you will not be able to feel the position of this button, especially not with thicker winter gloves. So you will also never know for sure if the camera is recording or not.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

thanks!   great to see that my action2 remote works on the action3
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

StevoB Posted at 10-23 08:45

too much fuzz to use a phone....how to press that small soft button with gloves on a moving bike....
Garmin does it better....just a simple remote, into a holder on the steering bar

GarminRemote.png
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 10:03
Theres a huge button on top of the A3 and it will start recording immediately and you can set a time to start and stop, also a good option.

But what if i want to mount my action cam on the bike where i cannot reach it?

My Garmin actiion cam was mounted right side forward fairing in the bike.....
Controlled with a remote mounted left side steering bar.

So guess lot if action cam users need a remote! a waterproof remote!
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 10-23 10:17
cool feature    guess my motorcycle makes to much noise to use voice prompt!

I understand, you sat you have a RC for A2 well if its the one with tripod extension I just found out it also works with A3. Not normal for dji to allow this, obviously overlooked . But now looks a bit more value for the price i paid for it.
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules