Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 10:34
I understand, you sat you have a RC for A2 well if its the one with tripod extension I just found out it also works with A3. Not normal for dji to allow this, obviously overlooked . But now looks a bit more value for the price i paid for it.

Yeah  i have   actually i bought 2    why ?  i modified one ( cut off the extension part), so the remaining part is now mounted and act as a holder on my left steering bar.

While riding the bike i can simply press for record with my left hand not leaving the steering bar. Could not make it more safer to start/stop recording.

Question: do the OA3 use the same batteries like the OA1 ?

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 10-23 10:40
Yeah  i have   actually i bought 2    why ?  i modified one ( cut off the extension part), so the remaining part is now mounted and act as a holder on my left steering bar.

While riding the bike i can simply press for record with my left hand not leaving the steering bar. Could not make it more safer to start/stop recording.

Theres no substitute for thinking.
2022-10-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 10:42
Theres no substitute for thinking.

so true...

Guess i keep using my Action2 for the bike.
Its a great cam and can be powered via a holder with external power, all waterproof.  
So cam is ON all day riding, and internal memory is enough for day recording.

Don`t see a waterproof dc power connection on the Action3.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-23
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-23 10:40
Yeah  i have   actually i bought 2    why ?  i modified one ( cut off the extension part), so the remaining part is now mounted and act as a holder on my left steering bar.

No, the Action 1 and Action 3 use different batteries.
2022-10-23
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 10-23 11:05
so true...

Guess i keep using my Action2 for the bike.

Well, most action cams I've seen around which were capable of doing so had a special waterproof case with a seperate waterproof connetcor for the charging cable.

The charging port lid on the OA3 is sealed with a rubber seal. So once opened it's not waterproof annymore. I dont's see an option yet to achieve this without removing the lid and and place it in an waterproof case with a special waterproof charging cable socket.
But it'get's a bit strange to put a waterproof cam in a waterproof case I guess...

Actually I don't understand why they even put that USB-charging port behind a waterproof lid. Since they also could had it designed with an outershell waterproof USB socket. Most of waterproof IP67 phones also have an open waterproof USB socket. So it would have been posible.

Only thing I could imagine is that there's also a possibility to attrackt dust/sand when uncovered. and that therefore they desided to put it under a waterproof and protective lid.
2022-10-23
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

"Are you pleased with your Osmo Action 3"

I wasn´t... and sent it back.
Here is the reason --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGIlizrQjrk
2022-10-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Zeno22 Posted at 10-24 01:58

Would lasted way longer with screen off the whole time, and action cameras are not ment to be used indoors with screen on (as a studio cam).

I can't wait to test mine in the cold this winter
2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you recommend another €320 camera that will not over heat recording at 4k 60fps inside at god knows what temperature with screen on full time. So yes I would be very interested to know.
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Man you can’t even seem to post a link
2022-10-24
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-24 07:59

I believe he actually did. What's this then?

2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-24 10:30
I believe he actually did. What's this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGIlizrQjrk

He meant embed a link.
2022-10-24
Use props
aliveathome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237812 ft
Sweden

Really nice attitude. Didn't think about telling him how to post an embedded link instead of writing a derogatory comment?
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aliveathome Posted at 10-24 11:43
Really nice attitude. Didn't think about telling him how to post an embedded link instead of writing a derogatory comment?

Well if you are commenting on tech quite frankly you should know things like that it is 2022 for pity’s sake

It is like claiming you could not use a pen 30 years ago
2022-10-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

83% not  happy or on the fence so far. That’s not great.
More need to get involved to get a better picture.
Where are all the satisfied customers and why aren't they voting?
2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-24 13:00
83% not  happy or on the fence so far. That’s not great.
More need to get involved to get a better picture.
Where are all the satisfied customers and why aren't they voting?

Thats a total of 28 users on a forum where people come predominantly to complain.
People with problems are very quick to join these polls. Yet 1400 people visited this thread and only 28 said they were unhappy, 2% and thats a stat no one seems to take into account.
2022-10-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

7 people out of 1400 could be bothered to put a positive reply.

I wonder why the positives have been slow to join the poll? I expected a lot more than 7 being pleased and wanting to say on the forum. You'd think they'd jump at the opportunity to demonstrate how pleased they are with their new camera.
What a pity.
2022-10-24
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-24 13:56
Thats a total of 28 users on a forum where people come predominantly to complain.
People with problems are very quick to join these polls. Yet 1400 people visited this thread and only 28 said they were unhappy, 2% and thats a stat no one seems to take into account.

Well, this is not a review platform. On review platforms people mainly come over to complain.
This is a forum, and people mainly visit fora to ask questions regarding problems or instructions, looking for info or just share things with others. So actually all kind of people could visit this thread.

Forum

2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-24 14:17
Well, this is not a review platform. On review platforms people mainly come over to complain.
This is a forum, and people mainly visit fora to ask questions regarding problems or instructions, looking for info or just share things with others. So actually all kind of people could visit this thread.

Exactly all people including all those who own A3 , don’t dismiss those who aren’t having problems those are probably the ones who come here to ask those questions you mention.
But you will find those with problems will include their vote a lot quicker , so considering the amount of visitors users etc 28 is a tiny number.
2022-10-24
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-24 12:49
Well if you are commenting on tech quite frankly you should know things like that it is 2022 for pity’s sake

It is like claiming you could not use a pen 30 years ago

I'm pretty sure there're also a lot of "common" 2022 tech things you're not familiar with. So no need to put up this kind of "arrogance".

Maybe that guy knows to make better videos then you

And this comparison with this pen is not making much sense don't you think?
2022-10-24
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

Not everything that seems to be in a certain way, is like it seems to be! I think deep inside, you are a polite guy.
There´s a simple way to have a better life!  R E L A X

And only for you, here is the VIDEO

2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zeno22 Posted at 10-24 14:31
Not everything that seems to be in a certain way, is like it seems to be! I think deep inside, you are a polite guy.
There´s a simple way to have a better life!  R E L A X

its still a pointless video.
2022-10-24
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-24 14:21
Exactly all people including all those who own A3 , don’t dismiss those who aren’t having problems those are probably the ones who come here to ask those questions you mention.
But you will find those with problems will include their vote a lot quicker , so considering the amount of visitors users etc 28 is a tiny number.

But when people having questions or problems, it doesn't automatically mean that they're unhappy with the product right?
It can be all kinds of questions. Like there was that guy from the remote on the motorcycle, he came here with a question, but maybe he's actually verry content with the camera itself.
The topic starter also seems to be happpy with his cam. I saw he even made another topic just to show people his footages.
I was on several other motorcycle forums before. And people came just over to have a talk, to share their customizations, to help others or asking for information about how to fix a bike. So foras are not only for complaining.
And sometimes people even reach out to product fora like this when they have some ideas regarding updates or improvements.
2022-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-24 15:02
But when people having questions or problems, it doesn't automatically mean that they're unhappy with the product right?
It can be all kinds of questions. Like there was that guy from the remote on the motorcycle, he came here with a question, but maybe he's actually verry content with the camera itself.
The topic starter also seems to be happpy with his cam. I saw he even made another topic just to show people his footages.

Having been on this forum for many years, when we see a new release the forum gets busy with people having problems for whatever reason , people coming to learn and ask advice, but the bulk of people who come here come to read they don’t take part but hope to find answers from others taking part. But those with problems are usually to the fore in coming forward this can be born out by looking closely at all the forums here. In 3 months time there will be no more than 15 to 20 people in a week on this forum, unless there is still a major problem .
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

aliveathome Posted at 10-24 11:43

Why did you not tell him rather than complain at me
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Rockel83 Posted at 10-24 14:31
I'm pretty sure there're also a lot of "common" 2022 tech things you're not familiar with. So no need to put up this kind of "arrogance".

Maybe that guy knows to make better videos then you

To be honest I don’t care what you think. I speak my mind if people don’t like it they can pass on by.

You seem new to DJI I have had there stuff right from the very beginning. So believe I know a thing or two
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-24 16:20
Having been on this forum for many years, when we see a new release the forum gets busy with people having problems for whatever reason , people coming to learn and ask advice, but the bulk of people who come here come to read they don’t take part but hope to find answers from others taking part. But those with problems are usually to the fore in coming forward this can be born out by looking closely at all the forums here. In 3 months time there will be no more than 15 to 20 people in a week on this forum, unless there is still a major problem .

Also been on here a while and that is quite correct. I also think that people who are not signed up cannot vote of post any comments
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-24 15:00
its still a pointless video.

Some people seem to buy these cameras just to do tests then complain often just as clickbait. I prefer to just use my stuff to record memories etc for my family and others that view my very small YouTube channel which is here if anyone is interested
https://youtube.com/channel/UCR7_YT7tAsh_FwM_q5gOg6Q

2022-10-24
Use props
aliveathome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237812 ft
Sweden

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-24 21:52
Why did you not tell him rather than complain at me

I had no problem with the link so it didn't cross my mind to be honest. But I understand what you're saying and that would have been a good thing to do.

Off-topic: Only because the first response to me followed the same pattern of attitude I read some of your other posts on this forum and you seem to be a really nice person to be around. Only by the fact that you really needed a response and had to answer my post twice instead of moving on. To me you're acting like a narcissistic person. By avoiding posting comments like yours would make the atmosphere on this forum a lot better.
2022-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

aliveathome Posted at 10-24 22:47
I had no problem with the link so it didn't cross my mind to be honest. But I understand what you're saying and that would have been a good thing to do.

Off-topic: Only because the first response to me followed the same pattern of attitude I read some of your other posts on this forum and you seem to be a really nice person to be around. Only by the fact that you really needed a response and had to answer my post twice instead of moving on. To me you're acting like a narcissistic person. By avoiding posting comments like yours would make the atmosphere on this forum a lot better.

Well you have your opinion and I will have mine.
You don't know me at all yet you have a pop at me and my character so that says somthing about you now doesn't it...... pot kettle black

If you bother to read many of my other posts and videos you will see that I spend a lot of my time trying to help others on here and other forums in many ways as I do in life I will also always speak my mind and say what others are probably thinking. I wish others in the world would do the same then we would all know where we are
2022-10-24
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-24 21:55
To be honest I don’t care what you think. I speak my mind if people don’t like it they can pass on by.

You seem new to DJI I have had there stuff right from the very beginning. So believe I know a thing or two

Well, no surprise seeing a response like this from you. You seem to be quite full of you. Looks the only thing you can is bragging around a bit.

But guess what I don't even care what you think.

An yeah, blah, blah... Great that you have some DJI toys around. That doesn't say you know annything about other tech at all. But responses like that tell enough already.
2022-10-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yep I did that, Wrong: so wrong not worth the trouble to point out what worked and what failed.
2022-10-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Rockel83 Posted at 10-25 01:31
Well, no surprise seeing a response like this from you. You seem to be quite full of you. Looks the only thing you can is bragging around a bit.

But guess what I don't even care what you think.

You know nowt about me and what I know but I am prepared to bet a fair bit that it is way more than you.
2022-10-25
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-25 07:05
You know nowt about me and what I know but I am prepared to bet a fair bit that it is way more than you.

Well to me it seems you're just a person with a verry big mouth. Even not capable of responding in a decent way to people. So yeah, I'm not taking you verry seriousely there if you don't mind.
2022-10-25
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-24 22:00
Some people seem to buy these cameras just to do tests then complain often just as clickbait. I prefer to just use my stuff to record memories etc for my family and others that view my very small YouTube channel which is here if anyone is interested
https://youtube.com/channel/UCR7_YT7tAsh_FwM_q5gOg6Q

"clickbait"

I don´t need no FANS, NO subscribers, no thumbs up or any MONEY from Youtube! The video is NOT monetized! I don´t care about all of that. I have a good life, Bigplumbs.

I only wanted other people not to get blinded by the blindig propaganda about this camera, that´s it.
I´ve sent mine back and i´m in peace with DJI.
What i don´t like is to fool people into buying things that are no good AND expensive!

Got my point?
2022-10-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

true
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zeno22 Posted at 10-26 07:26
"clickbait"

I don´t need no FANS, NO subscribers, no thumbs up or any MONEY from Youtube! The video is NOT monetized! I don´t care about all of that. I have a good life, Bigplumbs.

What i don´t like is to fool people into buying things that are no good AND expensive!

By posting a useless pointless video because you were suffering from buyers remorse. I notice you still haven’t posted to help or show anyone where they can buy a small action camera that will pass your stupid test.
One thing the video did show was how little you know about anything and thats becoming more apparent every time you post.
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-25 08:01
Well to me it seems you're just a person with a verry big mouth. Even not capable of responding in a decent way to people. So yeah, I'm not taking you verry seriousely there if you don't mind.

I’m always amazed how some folk miss the point. The video posted was completely ridiculous and showed nothing except just how ridiculous some people can be. No small action camera would behave any different in this situation , in fact the same could be also said for many semi pro cameras. So the result would have been very easily determined. If this was a reason to return a small action camera then the user is not on the market for a small action camera and really comes across as very stupid for purchasing in the first place. That really should have been pointed out to the poster and the other stuff ignored .
2022-10-26
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 08:52
I’m always amazed how some folk miss the point. The video posted was completely ridiculous and showed nothing except just how ridiculous some people can be. No small action camera would behave any different in this situation , in fact the same could be also said for many semi pro cameras. So the result would have been very easily determined. If this was a reason to return a small action camera then the user is not on the market for a small action camera and really comes across as very stupid for purchasing in the first place. That really should have been pointed out to the poster and the other stuff ignored .

You say a lot again, but I don't see much usefull content. And it actually can mean a lot of things in general.
So what's exactly ridiculous? Recording something with a camera?
It's designed for recording right?

Maybe it would have been better to turn the screen off during recording. I agree on that. But why making it possible in the first place then if the camera would not be able to hold up to this? Then they should have made a max. screen timeout setting in the setttings menu, preventing people recording with the screen turned on, on possible high resolutions and prevent overheating this way. But this was only in 1080p, so not that verry "spectacular".

Looking to the DJI advertisements of this camera, they don't talk about as just "a small action camera". But more as a rugged cam which can whitstand extremes and almost "everything". So, is it verry strange that people expect to record a simple video on "low resolution" indoors then?

DJI even advertises using this camera as a webcam and they show the front screen being activated doing so. Ok, it's probably not recording to the SD-card in 4K in webcam function. Just transponding the images and therefore not making much use of the internal electronics as would have been a full recording. But it's also not warning people not recording with the screen on. They're even not limiting it in the firmware. So who's missing the point here then?

You own vision was that if people were not happy with their product, that they should recall to their waranty and that they should return it. And Now someone returns his camera because he was expecting something different, and now it's also not good?

btw, it probably should have turned off the screen to protect from overheating. So it clearly shows different behaviour here.
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rockel83 Posted at 10-26 10:17
You say a lot again, but I don't see much usefull content. And it actually can mean a lot of things in general.
So what's exactly ridiculous? Recording something with a camera?
It's designed for recording right?

Again its very hard to take you seriously, you behave like a cop on this forum trying to put everyone in their place.

Point of fact: they don't talk about as just "a small action camera". But more as a rugged cam which can whitstand extremes and almost "everything".

What action or ruggedness was going on at the side of this guys bed , unless he was making a porn movie. If his intention was this or similar he bought the wrong camera. The camera is clearly an action camera just like all the go pro cameras. If he doesn’t want to cover action then by a camera more suitable. He didn’t turn off the screen because he wanted to create a stupid fail.

But don’t try using this excuse that the action is a failure if you have absolutely nothing in its class to compare it to. And you trying to back up this rubbish is beyond ridiculous. You spend your time ignoring what’s happening in favour of trying to put everyone who steps out of line in their place. Go back to discussion on the A3 and forget about trying to drag out the ridiculous rubbish.
2022-10-26
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 10:42
Again its very hard to take you seriously, you behave like a cop on this forum trying to put everyone in their place.

Point of fact: they don't talk about as just "a small action camera". But more as a rugged cam which can whitstand extremes and almost "everything".

"What action or ruggedness was going on at the side of this guys bed , unless he was making a porn movie. If his intention was this or similar he bought the wrong camera. The camera is clearly an action camera just like all the go pro cameras. If he doesn’t want to cover action then by a camera more suitable. He didn’t turn off the screen because he wanted to create a stupid fail."

It may be verry obvious that it's much harder for me to take you serious with all of this nonsense. Don't you think?
Saying a lot again here, but again without much content as usual. I think it's even the most stupid and meaningless comparison I've ever read from you.
It's the same like driving home on your MTB, but making a 30km detour because MTB's are for woods and sand etc. and not for asphalt.

And no, not trying to put everyone in their place. I think I'm just a bit alergic to people who seem to try to put others down with their meaningless bull.... And you're actually quite right about "cop", but not on this forum no.

btw, you're quite good with making meaningless assumptions aren't you? At least it's quite obvious when looking to your last paragraph. Talking about "ridiculous rubbish".

Only having one more thing to say to about that, and that's refering back to your own quote:
"This is a forum, you don’t tell people what to comment on or how to comment"

2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules