Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the BEST Bag or Case for the Mini 3 Pro ?
7953 38 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a short video covering what I think are the best two case for your DJI Mini 3 Pro Drone.

2022-10-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you just say take off from the top of your car?

I will use the DJI bag (never needed to before) now that i have a kayak as its compact and will fit in a 10L dry sac, but on land I love my Lowepro Flipside 400AW II, it will easily fit in 2 mini drones with FM kits or 1 drone and a camera setup, it also holds 1 large tablet and one laptop with room for any filter sets and, snacks, drinks, tripod and more, and its so comfortable to wear as its a full-on backpack and its waterproof, whilst it will not hold a persons weight, it will protect your kit even if thrown into the air (not from a plane though, that's silly :p )

I bought the bag second-hand and bought an extra partitions kit (forgot the correct term lol) specifically to accommodate multi drone setup.
I mentioned the Lowepro because i really do love it and i feel they get overlooked when folks choose a soft case/bag
2022-10-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

agreed, that's a nice little case for the mini 3 pro.  i have one (similar) and it's pretty handy and lightweight.

so i bought a couple of fly more kits for the extra extended batteries and for some reason, dji keeps sending me the dji bag when all i want are the batteries.  i don't use the bag, i don't want the bag, i didn't ask for the bag.  first mini 3 pro pilot in the lower 48 usa who sends me a pm, i pirateship the bag to you....for free.
2022-10-20
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use this one, even when on my bike or on a hike (in the backpack). Main reason is that the RC can be stored with the sticks mounted, reducing the time to start. Unfortunately, the original case from DJI (I own the fly more combo) does not allow that.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B2W9X7NC
2022-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2022-10-20
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I get all my cases from MC-Cases in Germany. They are great. The Mini 3 pro one holds 9 batteries.

https://mc-cases.com/collections ... iant=42549200879856
2022-10-20
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 10-20 23:54
I get all my cases from MC-Cases in Germany. They are great. The Mini 3 pro one holds 9 batteries.

https://mc-cases.com/collections/dji-mini-serie/products/professioneller-koffer-fur-dji-mini-3-pro-explorer-edition?variant=42549200879856

Thanks for the tip
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using the Mavic sleeve and its a lovely fit.
2022-10-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video Hieth.    Somebody is starting their Christmas jokes a bit early.    

I have the Skyreat Hard Case and it works perfectly for my needs.  
2022-10-21
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

_SoP_ Posted at 10-20 21:54
I use this one, even when on my bike or on a hike (in the backpack). Main reason is that the RC can be stored with the sticks mounted, reducing the time to start. Unfortunately, the original case from DJI (I own the fly more combo) does not allow that.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B2W9X7NC

I have the N1 version and I'm able to keep the sticks on with the original bag. But I'm still looking for at least a semi-hard case like the one you posted where I can keep the sticks on with the charging hub.
2022-10-21
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

I have the same Skyreat case as in the review and I am satisfied!
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-21 02:56
Nice video Hieth.    Somebody is starting their Christmas jokes a bit early.   

I have the Skyreat Hard Case and it works perfectly for my needs.

Got to get them in Christmas starts in October in our house as my daughter starts watching the cheesy xmas movies !
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ross14 Posted at 10-21 07:37
I have the same Skyreat case as in the review and I am satisfied!

Cheers Ross it is a good case
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 01:22
Im using the Mavic sleeve and its a lovely fit.

Cool didnt think of that
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 10-21 01:16
Thanks for the tip

That sound like a good one to me
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-20 18:22

I will use the DJI bag (never needed to before) now that i have a kayak as its compact and will fit in a 10L dry sac, but on land I love my Lowepro Flipside 400AW II, it will easily fit in 2 mini drones with FM kits or 1 drone and a camera setup, it also holds 1 large tablet and one laptop with room for any filter sets and, snacks, drinks, tripod and more, and its so comfortable to wear as its a full-on backpack and its waterproof, whilst it will not hold a persons weight, it will protect your kit even if thrown into the air (not from a plane though, that's silly :p )

I love my Lowepro 400 too it is an awesome bag
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-20 18:22

I will use the DJI bag (never needed to before) now that i have a kayak as its compact and will fit in a 10L dry sac, but on land I love my Lowepro Flipside 400AW II, it will easily fit in 2 mini drones with FM kits or 1 drone and a camera setup, it also holds 1 large tablet and one laptop with room for any filter sets and, snacks, drinks, tripod and more, and its so comfortable to wear as its a full-on backpack and its waterproof, whilst it will not hold a persons weight, it will protect your kit even if thrown into the air (not from a plane though, that's silly :p )

PS yes, I use the roof of my Land Rover
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 10-20 18:50
agreed, that's a nice little case for the mini 3 pro.  i have one (similar) and it's pretty handy and lightweight.

so i bought a couple of fly more kits for the extra extended batteries and for some reason, dji keeps sending me the dji bag when all i want are the batteries.  i don't use the bag, i don't want the bag, i didn't ask for the bag.  first mini 3 pro pilot in the lower 48 usa who sends me a pm, i pirateship the bag to you....for free.

Thats nice of you to give it away - you are right surely, they should realise you only want one bag
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you
2022-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2022-10-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 10-21 10:23
PS yes, I use the roof of my Land Rover

Ah, thats not too bad, they are aluminium ain't they? Although, there maybe wiring that could give interference issues if not careful.
And, as long as you turn it on away from the car and until the gimbal has finished its dance of its peoples.
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 10-21 10:20
Cool didnt think of that

It was always too tight for the Mavic but for the mini it’s a great fit.
2022-10-21
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-21 16:40
Ah, thats not too bad, they are aluminium ain't they? Although, there maybe wiring that could give interference issues if not careful.
And, as long as you turn it on away from the car and until the gimbal has finished its dance of its peoples.

Yeah I switch it all on first and it seems to come back home and land back on top ok with not issues plus is has a glass roof.
2022-10-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 10-22 02:38
Yeah I switch it all on first and it seems to come back home and land back on top ok with not issues plus is has a glass roof.

Its the initialisation that is the issue, as long as that's completed away from any thing that may interfere then all should be good from there on in. Starting from the MIni's they seem to be more forgiving too, not sure why, maybe an upgraded compass that's not as prone as the older version. Anyhoo, ya seem pretty clued up so, all good, i just thought i best mention it as some arent not aware of such things.

PS, did you know that your device (iPad, tablet etc) compass plays havoc when near something such as the car? If you turn on the Flight Attitude radar and look at the RC indicator then go sit in the car or on the boot etc, the closer you get to the car (from about 10ft) the RC indicator starts to turn on its own lol just sommat else in case ya didn't know
2022-10-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 10-21 10:18
Got to get them in Christmas starts in October in our house as my daughter starts watching the cheesy xmas movies !

No doubt about the early start as Christmas will be here sooner than we expect.   

Have a great weekend.
2022-10-22
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-22 06:04
Its the initialisation that is the issue, as long as that's completed away from any thing that may interfere then all should be good from there on in. Starting from the MIni's they seem to be more forgiving too, not sure why, maybe an upgraded compass that's not as prone as the older version. Anyhoo, ya seem pretty clued up so, all good, i just thought i best mention it as some arent not aware of such things.

PS, did you know that your device (iPad, tablet etc) compass plays havoc when near something such as the car? If you turn on the Flight Attitude radar and look at the RC indicator then go sit in the car or on the boot etc, the closer you get to the car (from about 10ft) the RC indicator starts to turn on its own lol just sommat else in case ya didn't know

I didn't know that and would answer why every time I use to switch on the MAVIC 2 PRO it would ask to have the compass re-calibrated thanks that's really useful cheers Hieth
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 10-26 09:34
I didn't know that and would answer why every time I use to switch on the MAVIC 2 PRO it would ask to have the compass re-calibrated thanks that's really useful cheers Hieth

No probs, if it askes you to calibrate the compass then you've turned it on where there is magnetic interference, just turn it off, move away from the suspected source and turn it on again, if you still get the notification then you've not moved far enough away or there is another source. If you read the notification, it will say calibrate or move it, it shouldn't really say calibrate as that could lead to a poor calibration, you should always move it.

I have found that holding it in the air at shoulder height and arms length then turn it on can resolve that issue, especially if you cannot find the source, its normally something like rebar in concrete.

FYI, if you did the compass calibration when it said about it, you were lucky not to have flight issues, calibrating to the magnetic field around the drone, i.e. car and then the drone fly's out of the cars magnetic field is when you will see the drone behave oddly, aka, flyaway, it will shoot off at speed in an uncontrolled direction.

I say this from experience. I launched my Phantom 4 Pro from the large glass sunroof (Laguna), it took off and ascended about 4ft or so, then on its own it shot off to the left at a great rate of knots, i tried to control it but all i could do was to pull it back towards but in a very large arc, perhaps 50m to 100m radius. It was only when it arrived closer to the car, about 20ft or so, is when it allowed me full control again. I was very lucky, i had a load of trees to the left about 150m away and that's where it was headed, had it i not managed some control it would have been a mahoosive crash lol. The flight log showed a perfect circle from leaving the area of the car and back to me. There were the obvious yaw errors in the log but most importantly there was a magnetic interference error too. So i learnt from that moment never to launch from a car, even with what i know re initialising away from the car then take off, i still wont do it, even though i know that the mini range is far more forgiving, it was scary enough to teach me lol
2022-10-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

RAIN PROOF CASE

Is hosting the drone, the Smart RC and 3 batteries...and is SMAAAAAL !!!!
2022-10-27
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks great what make is it ?
2022-10-27
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hitmax Posted at 10-27 12:11
That looks great what make is it ?

HAMA...around 10 usd... )))
2022-10-28
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 10-28 02:28
HAMA...around 10 usd... )))

Awesome cant go wrong with that
2022-10-28
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-1 08:37
I have the FlyMore bag which works well, but with the addition of a couple sets of filters things were getting tight.  Decided on this hard case from FPVtosky.  Includes a MicroSD card holder & elastic blade strap.  Handles either Mini 3 controller (up or down, sticks on or off), 8 batteries, extra props, multiple sets of filters, charger, USB-C cables, etc..  Everything you see in the photo plus the Layamai wireless mic.  Space is available beneath the RC & drone for props, screwdriver, etc..  Foam is firm but soft enough not to scratch things up.  The drone slot allows you to use the Skyreat propeller strap.  $49 on Amazon but there is often an instant discount available.  **Note the foam has been updated from that shown on Amazon to be custom shaped for the DJI RC.  A removable piece of foam allows the RC-N1 remote to fit properly.  Also picked up the FPVtosky landyard.  Nice gray leather strap doubles as a shoulder strap for the case.

FPVtosky Mini 3 Pro Case

Nice bit of kit
2022-12-2
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

I'm really happy with my SYMIK A310-MM3DL case which fits pretty much all of my kit and, with a slight tweak, my modified controller.

It even has an optional cut out in the eggshell top to put less pressure on the props.

It protects everything quite nicely and the case doubles as a launch pad, although I also have one of their landing pads in the convenient second layer of the case.

Very good value, and it's currently on sale for $50 USD.

2022-12-10
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought the Symik and is ideal,  only thing it needs is a couple of cutouts in the top foam to allow the joysticks to remain in place.  Scissors will sort that out.

2023-3-22
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

ShadowyMan Posted at 2022-12-10 16:04
I'm really happy with my SYMIK A310-MM3DL case which fits pretty much all of my kit and, with a slight tweak, my modified controller.

[view_image]

Do you find the external modem antennas improve reception/control distance ?
2023-3-22
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Some good cases

2023-3-22
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

Lieutenant Posted at 3-22 15:37
Do you find the external modem antennas improve reception/control distance ?

I have noticed some difference when flying in relatively interference-free areas.

Tough to quantify the exact distance gained, but in one comparison I got about another 250m or so. This was on back to back days, one with the normal antenna, the other with the mod.

Hardly scientific though.
2023-3-22
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

ShadowyMan Posted at 3-22 20:05
I have noticed some difference when flying in relatively interference-free areas.

Tough to quantify the exact distance gained, but in one comparison I got about another 250m or so. This was on back to back days, one with the normal antenna, the other with the mod.

Interesting.
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_cD0NjNTP9Zek
New
Flight distance : 271004 ft
United States

Anyone also having trouble fitting both the dji rc and the charging brick into the DJI case from the fly more combo? Thinking of returning it
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules