Avata SD card extender
2015 9 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

SD Card extenders are available for having a "remote" SD card.  Has anybody found one of these that will work in the Avata?  The location of the Avata SD card was another "what were they thinking" thing from DJI.  It would be nice if there was a "work around".

2022-10-20
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I'm not sure how one of those would work since the other end would have to be in the avata and the cable would probably get caught in the props.

Here is my solution if you're interested:
2022-10-20
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

That's a good solution.  Don't even bother to remove the SD card, just offload videos via USB.  That's what I'll go with.  I think I even already have one.  Thanks!  
2022-10-20
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

rgp1942 Posted at 10-20 13:26
That's a good solution.  Don't even bother to remove the SD card, just offload videos via USB.  That's what I'll go with.  I think I even already have one.  Thanks!

its funny you find opening the cover, putting a cable with the props in the way easier then use your nail to push in the sd which pops out and take it out, the USB cable in the box is also "easy" to push in once you get used to it, but i use internal memory for now, but soon will have an extra sd, which will be a lot easier then any USB sollution
2022-10-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

some people do not have trouble with the microsd card and some people do so i guess we're now calling it a "design flaw."

it's not a design flaw.
2022-10-20
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 10-20 17:23
some people do not have trouble with the microsd card and some people do so i guess we're now calling it a "design flaw."

it's not a design flaw.

Yes those people that chew their fingernails. Like Me. I use an iPhone Sim remover works a treat on all SD cards.
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rgp1942. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference you may transfer videos and photos via the USB port found on the DJI Avata with out removing the microSD card. Thank you.
2022-10-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-20 13:14
I'm not sure how one of those would work since the other end would have to be in the avata and the cable would probably get caught in the props.

Here is my solution if you're interested: https://youtu.be/EJyInRBcTnY

That's an easy peasy fix.  
2022-10-21
Use props
Ross14
lvl.4
Czechia

I bought a corner USB adapter, only used it twice. Removing the SD card is easier for me.
2022-10-21
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 10-20 17:23

it's not a design flaw.

er, placing the SD slot and USB slot in absolutely the most inaccessible spot, forcing you to bend the props and requiring you to carry a set of tweezers around, without the option of Quick Transfer - yes, this is absolutely a design flaw IMHO.  
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules