No geotag foto
2711 4 2022-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_juLIALKl1CoL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53993 ft
Italy

Hello everyone, I have a dji mini 2 and I use the dji fly app.  My question is this: is it normal that in the photos taken you do not report the GPS coordinates but only do it with the videos?  Is this my problem or is it okay?  Thank you
2022-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you copying the files from the SD card or downloading via the Fly App,  the latter often mangles the exif data.
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_juLIALKl1CoL
lvl.1
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 10-21 06:36
Are you copying the files from the SD card or downloading via the Fly App,  the latter often mangles the exif data.

I'm downloading the photos directly from the app, it has no location and the date and time are of the download and not that of the actual shot...
2022-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_juLIALKl1CoL Posted at 10-21 07:43
I'm downloading the photos directly from the app, it has no location and the date and time are of the download and not that of the actual shot...

Yes.  I’ve had that.  The app mangles the file names and exif information.   I mostly now just pop the sd card out and it’s fine.   Although I have found quick transfer to be better but it still mangled the names.
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_juLIALKl1CoL
lvl.1
Italy

I hope they do something about it.  I think the problem is with the djifly app because if I use lychee app in the photos there are also GPS data ... unfortunately there is no application that fully satisfies my needs
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules